🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 77 - Summer S’mores with Conan and the Chill Chums 2

Conan’s team tries to induce chill-ness by any means necessary on another special Summer S’mores episode.

Dear Conan,

I must voraciously disagree with your sallow assessment of s'mores.  S'mores are delicious, they are manna from the Gods, a paean to summer bonfires on the beach.  That delicious ooey gooey marshmellow that melts the chocolate to a toothsome liquid lava all encapsulated with a divine graham crunch...a perfect ending.  And if a little soot and sand gets in the mixture, why that is just fine seasoning.  Sometimes I long for those days of yore during the cold twilight of winter but fear not, with a marshmallow on a fork over the stove, just like the little matchstick girl, I create a transient moment of bliss.  Ah, the S'more!

Yours truly,

Abigail Mayo Ryder

20200622_111039s.jpg.71a142228e4cfb78030d608756ff7b69.jpg

• Like 1

Conan & Gorley very sound on s'mores STOP s'mores abominable waste of good chocolate STOP if must combine g. cracker with chocolate & marshmallow suggest m. cream & nutella STOP also coldest possible whole milk STOP best regards K

Here is the game changer for Conan and Gorley to get on the S'mores train as well as a tasty new munchies induced treat for Sona... I was 100 percent opposed to S'mores prior to substituting that boring old graham cracker with a CHOCOLATE graham cracker and replacing the Hershey bar with a gorgeous and decadent peanut butter cup...YES, a peanut butter cup. Roast the marshmallow just the same of course, but if this doesn't change your mind, consider yourself as Sona put it, a communist. 

May need a follow up conversation comparing the 3 of them with the 3 parts of a s'more!

Conan and Gourley joke about Graham Crackers being the unsexiest snack imaginable.

The Graham Cracker was actually named for Sylvester Graham, a Presbyterian minister who used such crackers specifically to try to curb sexual desire in his congregation.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/graham-cracker-origins/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/graham-cracker-history-sexual-urges_n_5629961

I felt compelled to post my agreement with Conan and Gourley about the over-hyped s'mores.  The payoff is not worth the effort or mess.  I do love campfires and roasting marshmallows but I don't like to eat them.