🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
grudlian.

Musical Mondays Week 95 Preview (CamBert's Pick)

7 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

tenor.gif

That bear isn't dead is it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, grudlian. said:

That bear isn't dead is it?

e29a2577aaa092e7f9be50cdabdb1802.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry all busy morning at work. Give me an hour or so and then I’ll have something up

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

Sorry all busy morning at work. Give me an hour or so and then I’ll have something up

Since you weren't ready when the thread was created you're really saying...

WelcomeFrayedDugong-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, sorry for the delay all.

So I had a pick and it was one I've been wanting to do for awhile now. Then I read some news this morning on my way into work that changed my mind. It reminded me of another movie that I've always been interested in checking out. However, I can foresee maybe some problems with this pick. It contains a person who has become a controversial figure and some people maybe put off by that and not want to watch. I can respect and understand that. If that is how the majority feels I'm more than willing to go back to my first pick. So with that preamble out of the way my pick is...

R-4519923-1369455724-4902.jpeg.jpg

Screenplay by the late Joel Schumacher. R.I.P.

Now I would much rather watch the actual Broadway version of the play. Unfortunately from what little sleuthing I have done I can not find a version that I can get here in Japan or is not region blocked. 

• Like 5

I’m fine with this. I bought it ages ago and haven’t watched it, so it will be nice to justify my purchase ☺️

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

Okay, sorry for the delay all.

So I had a pick and it was one I've been wanting to do for awhile now. Then I read some news this morning on my way into work that changed my mind. It reminded me of another movie that I've always been interested in checking out. However, I can foresee maybe some problems with this pick. It contains a person who has become a controversial figure and some people maybe put off by that and not want to watch. I can respect and understand that. If that is how the majority feels I'm more than willing to go back to my first pick. So with that preamble out of the way my pick is...

R-4519923-1369455724-4902.jpeg.jpg

Screenplay by the late Joel Schumacher. R.I.P.

Now I would much rather watch the actual Broadway version of the play. Unfortunately from what little sleuthing I have done I can not find a version that I can get here in Japan or is not region blocked. 

Is the controversial figure Michael Jackson? Or is there someone else I'm not aware of being awful?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Is the controversial figure Michael Jackson? Or is there someone else I'm not aware of being awful?

It would be he. I wasn't sure where people fell on separating his work and his actions.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

It would be he. I wasn't sure where people fell on separating his work and his actions.

Phew. I was worried Richard Pryor did something horrible I hadn't heard about yet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Works for me!  I watched a little of the live version a couple weeks ago but came in the middle so it was hard to follow/appreciate.  I look forward to watching this!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Phew. I was worried Richard Pryor did something horrible I hadn't heard about yet. 

You know I hear he might have had a drug problem...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cam Bert said:

You know I hear he might have had a drug problem...

I heard that too.  That just burns me up!

• Like 2

Off-topic.  The (UK) National Theatre is putting up a filmed performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream, from today at 2 p.m. Eastern to next Thursday just before 2 p.m.  The performance itself looks amazing but I love this clip for putting modern touches into a classic play.  Even if you're not interested in the play at all please view this clip. "Unlock your calendar I beseech you."

• Like 3

It turns out the Shakespeare's Globe theater also released a version a week or so ago. I THINK they leave plays up for two weeks but am not sure.

• Like 2

Now for less of a tangent.  Baz Luhrmann did a musical version of Oberon's monologue at the end of the play.  I've always liked it as hopeful that I could find somebody some day.  That's taken a backseat but I still enjoy the song.

Here are the words of the monologue.  Some lines were cut for the song but the overall drive is there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Now for less of a tangent.  Baz Luhrmann did a musical version of Oberon's monologue at the end of the play.  I've always liked it as hopeful that I could find somebody some day.  That's taken a backseat but I still enjoy the song.

Here are the words of the monologue.  Some lines were cut for the song but the overall drive is there.

The song is actually taken from Benjamin Britten's opera of Dream.  I will keep that in mind for a future pick. 🙂

• Like 2

I THINK I have Kast working but I can't seem to get the sound going.  (At least I wasn't hearing sound on my iPad.)  I will try Kasting from my work laptop at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight to show The Wiz.  I will sign on at 8:30 and would greatly appreciate it if someone could come on early and help me test.

Just now, Cinco DeNio said:

I THINK I have Kast working but I can't seem to get the sound going.  (At least I wasn't hearing sound on my iPad.)  I will try Kasting from my work laptop at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight to show The Wiz.  I will sign on at 8:30 and would greatly appreciate it if someone could come on early and help me test.

My Kast ID is CincoDeNio1.

7 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I have Kast up and my "party" window open.  Connect and send me a friend request then I can invite you in.