🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
grudlian.

Musical Mondays Week 95 Preview (CamBert's Pick)

6 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Oh man, I just saw your posts @Cinco DeNio! Sorry, I can’t tonight :( 

Any chance you could pop on for two minutes to help me debug ? If I get it working I can do another night/day.

13 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Any chance you could pop on for two minutes to help me debug ? If I get it working I can do another night/day.

Never mind.  This is the biggest cluster I have seen.  I cab sometimes get video and sometimes not.  Cannot get audio under any circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Never mind.  This is the biggest cluster I have seen.  I cab sometimes get video and sometimes not.  Cannot get audio under any circumstances.

OMG!!! I got it working!  Let me know when a good time for you is.  I will be available after 6 p.m. Eastern tomorrow and all day Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I’ll aim for 6:30 tomorrow :) 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:06 PM, Cinco DeNio said:

My Kast ID is CincoDeNio1.

I am CameronH1

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I am CameronH1

Yes you are.,  In case this works, and if people want to join in the future, here's the link to my room.

• Like 1

Thanks, Cinco! Looks like you figured it out!

Please let us know hoe you did it when you get a chance :)

• Like 1

It sounds like this worked though? That's good news. The only other way I think it might work would be a discord server but I think streams can only do voice chat?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grudlian. said:

It sounds like this worked though? That's good news. The only other way I think it might work would be a discord server but I think streams can only do voice chat?

It half worked.  I am still testing to see why it didn't initially work when Cameron signed on.

I have never seen Hamilton. Is watching the film a good introduction or should I wait for Broadway to reopen? I want the same experience you folks had at your first time. On the other hand I saw or read a person saying they wish they would have known the music beforehand and were afraid they missed a lot by going in cold.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I have never seen Hamilton. Is watching the film a good introduction or should I wait for Broadway to reopen? I want the same experience you folks have had at your first time. On the other hand I saw or read a person saying they wish they would have known the music beforehand and were afraid they missed a lot by going in cold.

If the movie is a good (not just sufficient) way maybe we could have a Kast viewing party!

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I have never seen Hamilton. Is watching the film a good introduction or should I wait for Broadway to reopen? I want the same experience you folks had at your first time. On the other hand I saw or read a person saying they wish they would have known the music beforehand and were afraid they missed a lot by going in cold.

I have not seen it live, but I loved the soundtrack. I think it would probably help to listen first since so much of the story is told through the lyrics, but I know a lot of people went into it cold and loved it as well.

4 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

A friend saw it knowing nothing about it except being a huge phenomenon and loved it. I'm glad I knew the album beforehand because I would not have understood all the lyrics in a live performance just from hearing issues. I don't know that hearing it dozens of times before was necessary but you couldn't have stopped 2016/2017 me from doing that.

• Like 1

OK.  I just realized there are actually several options here.  Please let me know which one you think is best for me (or if I've forgotten something).

1) Go in cold to the Disney+ movie, having not listened to the soundtrack.

2) Listen to the soundtrack then watch the Disney+ movie. (I don't really see the point of this since I can have subtitles on during the movie.  I wouldn't miss lyrics then.)

3) Listen to the soundtrack, don't watch the Disney+ movie, go see it on Broadway instead

4) Go in completely cold to Broadway, having not listened to the soundtrack or seen the Disney+ movie.

5) Watch the Disney+ movie then go see it on Broadway.

With the movie coming out and who knows if it will be safe to attend Broadway any time soon, I'd have to say #1.

• Thanks 1

I’d go #1, as well. I only listened to the soundtrack first as I didn’t really have another option. 

• Thanks 1