🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 242.5 - Prequel to Episode 243

Didgeridoos and Don’ts, Speech Pathologists, and how to keep kids busy during the quarantine. All of this and more on this week's mini episode! 
Paul offers up advice on the Help Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Don’t Tell Her It’s Me aka Boyfriend School. Then, Blake Harris brings us not one but two interviews, we announce our next movie, and we end with a fun quar-catch up chat with Paul and Jason.

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/
Check out The Jane Club over at www.janeclub.com
Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade
Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:
@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter
@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

• Like 1

Nice to hear all the love for various comics like Nick Drsano's Sabrina  and for the work of Matt Berry, who has been one of my favourites in comedy for a while now. If you haven't seen Snuff Box yet, or Toast of London, you should.

• Like 1

Jason Mantzoukas is 100% correct regarding Ahsoka :) 

ahsoka-star-wars-clone-wars-still01.jpg

• Like 1

Ah finally got to crack open this gif for C&Os:

tenor.gif

As for Floor is Lava, I've watched a couple episodes and it's been entertaining, but I cannot stand the rapport between the teammates because it is so forced and hokey. It's clear a producer told them to act like the kool-aid they are dodging  is real lava, but every team has gone overboard with this to the point where I'm watching the show on mute at times. It also doesn't help that the host sounds like Guy Fieri's brother.

• Like 2

Just watched the first episode of The Floor is Lava and...

tenor.gif?itemid=15659171

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

Just watched the first episode of The Floor is Lava and...

tenor.gif?itemid=15659171

Yea I watched the first ep this afternoon too. Good mindless fun to have on in the background!

Gonna try the show Jason mentioned too, Alone. That looks interesting

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Yea I watched the first ep this afternoon too. Good mindless fun to have on in the background!

Yeah, my kids were losing their minds. Totally stupid but a lot of fun.

20 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Yeah, my kids were losing their minds. Totally stupid but a lot of fun.

I'm about to call my nieces and recommend it! Speaking of, they got me into Trollhunters too. It's also good fun

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I'm about to call my nieces and recommend it! Speaking of, they got me into Trollhunters too. It's also good fun

Trollhunters is fantastic! Make sure you watch 3 Below afterwards. It’s set in the same universe. There’s supposed to be a third part called Wizards coming out this summer. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Trollhunters is fantastic! Make sure you watch 3 Below afterwards. It’s set in the same universe. There’s supposed to be a third part called Wizards coming out this summer. 

Oh ya I'm planning to, my nieces filled me in on it all! I'm still in the season 1, just 20 eps in, so I have a ways to go. The set-up reminds me of Buffy in a way, which helped me connect to it pretty quick.

• Like 2

As mentioned above, Jason nailed the Clone Wars and Rebels and the Clone troopers perfectly. While I'd agree with Paul's initial assessment, that the animated versions in Rebels of the older clones didn't as closely resemble Temuera Morrison as many of the other character models, they're all meant to be Jango clones/older versions of him.

As Jason mentioned with paying close attention to the timelines, Rebels takes place 15-18 years after the Clone Wars and the Clone Troopers were engineered to age at an accelerated rate, so they've aged a lot more than Temuera Morrison has in the 18 years since Episode II.

• Like 1

So I took some time off because I was super depressed and my anxiety made it imposible to finish anything  and I couldn't lsten to a whole podcast episode. I'm actually still really behind on the show but I missed you all so much, And THIS is the shit I come back to? I haven't even started The Peaunut Butter Salution and am just staring at the poster and already I feel I need an Emotional Support June for this motion picture. I should never leave the podcast unsupervised. I don't know why but I just feel like I could have stopped this somehow. Let me have that dream of control as I go down what looks liek a terrfying and very sticky nightmare

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gigi-tastic said:

So I took some time off because I was super depressed and my anxiety made it imposible to finish anything  and I couldn't lsten to a whole podcast episode. I'm actually still really behind on the show but I missed you all so much, And THIS is the shit I come back to? I haven't even started The Peaunut Butter Salution and am just staring at the poster and already I feel I need an Emotional Support June for this motion picture. I should never leave the podcast unsupervised. I don't know why but I just feel like I could have stopped this somehow. Let me have that dream of control as I go down what looks liek a terrfying and very sticky nightmare

So great that you’re back!!! Yay!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

So great that you’re back!!! Yay!!!

I need therapy for what I just witnessed. I  CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdrianFlynn said:

Tall has said swordfish will be eventually released

Source?

I saw Gutenberg on the HDTGM instagram today and screamed. Love him. And he mentioned PARTY DOWN, which made me happy. Paul and June were both on that show and the Guttenberg Birthday Party episode is one I think about a lot. (Fleet of blimps) 

also this weekend I watched ALONE and FLOOR IS LAVA. Thumbs up to both. 

How gonna watch Steve Guttenberg’s Birthday agains because I just noticed that is the full episode!

ETA: 

@gigi-tastic since I am forum!june and Cameron is forum!paul (how are you today, Cameron?), I feel like I should offer you my emotional support services. I haven’t watched it either. 

Cameron, who is the Jason of our group?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

That's a fantastic question. I'm not sure, tbh. Jason, as an archetypal figure, is something I think many people aspire to be, and perhaps privately think that they are, but very few people can attain. A Jason must be able to wear many hats. A Jason must be able to be thoughtful and outrageous with equal alacrity. The dichotomy of a Jason is of pushing away ("Don't touch me"), while simultaneous drawing people to him with his charisma. 

Most importantly, A Jason would never ever think of himself as a Jason. They would just be one.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Most importantly, A Jason would never ever think of himself as a Jason. They would just be one.  

I don’t remember which episode it was, but an audience member called himself The Jason of Their Group and Jason was not impressed, to say the least. It was an arrogant claim, but I almost (ALMOST) admire the guy for making it. But he couldn’t back it up in the slightest.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

I don’t remember which episode it was, but an audience member called himself The Jason of Their Group and Jason was not impressed, to say the least. It was an arrogant claim, but I almost (ALMOST) admire the guy for making it. But he couldn’t back it up in the slightest.

I just listened to that ep a few weeks ago for Howdies research, and I’m 90% sure it was Welcome to Frogtown. If you look through that thread, I definitely pulled that time stamp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I saw Gutenberg on the HDTGM instagram today and screamed. Love him. And he mentioned PARTY DOWN, which made me happy. Paul and June were both on that show and the Guttenberg Birthday Party episode is one I think about a lot. (Fleet of blimps) 

also this weekend I watched ALONE and FLOOR IS LAVA. Thumbs up to both. 

How gonna watch Steve Guttenberg’s Birthday agains because I just noticed that is the full episode!

ETA: 

@gigi-tastic since I am forum!june and Cameron is forum!paul (how are you today, Cameron?), I feel like I should offer you my emotional support services. I haven’t watched it either. 

I really loved Party Down when it was on. I rewatched it last year and, oof, there is a lot of homophobic language in it. I still liked it a lot but it was definitely a turn off.

55 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I really loved Party Down when it was on. I rewatched it last year and, oof, there is a lot of homophobic language in it. I still liked it a lot but it was definitely a turn off.

Whoops. I haven’t seen any but this once recently. That is a bummer.

5 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Whoops. I haven’t seen any but this once recently. That is a bummer.

If I recall, it's mostly using "gay" as an insult (the football draft day episode was woefully out of date though). So, it's not worse than a lot of 90s shows but it's something I'd like to warn people about given how recent the show is. 

1 hour ago, grudlian. said:

I know that as a society we still have a long way to go, but it really is amazing how much has changed in a relatively short period of time. Even early HDTGM episodes have stuff that I’m sure they would no longer say.