🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 96 Preview (Quasar Sniffer’s Pick)

Off-topic: Ennio Morricone passed away.  Everyone sing The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly theme in his memory.

This is my favorite rendition.  "What is your part?" "Oh, I stand there and sing 'Wah wah wah'."

• Like 4

Ok, this has been a movie I've wanted to cover in this group since it's inception, both because it's great (one of my aboltute favorite musicals) and we've covered so much of the Norman Jewison oeuvre already, the completist in me wants to watch it. I've waited for it to be free on streaming on Netflix or Amazon Prime and it just hasn't happened. So... I'm just gonna pick it now. If the group would rather I pick something else (this being a pandemic and all), I would gladly change my pick (I do have an alternate that I would like to revisit anyway). Please let me know. After all, if I were a rich man, I would be buying way more movies.

71EltjhvB1L._AC_SY879_.jpg

TO LIFE!

• Like 6

Oh! And if the group would just want to discuss Hamilton this week, I can defer and do my pick next time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Ok, this has been a movie I've wanted to cover in this group since it's inception, both because it's great (one of my aboltute favorite musicals) and we've covered so much of the Norman Jewison oeuvre already, the completist in me wants to watch it. I've waited for it to be free on streaming on Netflix or Amazon Prime and it just hasn't happened. So... I'm just gonna pick it now. If the group would rather I pick something else (this being a pandemic and all), I would gladly change my pick (I do have an alternate that I would like to revisit anyway). Please let me know. After all, if I were a rich man, I would be buying way more movies.

Hide contents

TO LIFE!

I’m good with this. This is another one I bought ages ago, but haven’t watched since I bought it 😄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Oh! And if the group would just want to discuss Hamilton this week, I can defer and do my pick next time.

We can discuss Hamilton on this thread if anyone wants to. It doesn’t necessarily need its own week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Hide contents

TO LIFE!

Works for me!  I've had lots of questions since I first saw it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

We can discuss Hamilton on this thread if anyone wants to. It doesn’t necessarily need its own week.

Now that you've seen Hamilton you can watch One Shot to Broadway on Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

The streaming isn't on Movies Anywhere so you are limited to that service if you purchase it.  There's also a 40th Anniversary edition DVD or Blu-Ray but there are mixed reviews as to the quality.

33 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Now that you've seen Hamilton you can watch One Shot to Broadway on Amazon Prime.

This is also available on hoopla—the public library streaming app—for free, if you have it.

35 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

It's on Netflix btw!

Oh shit, I could have sworn I checked, but I guess I missed it! Thank you!

• Like 2

I signed up for Netflix so that I didn't have to purchase this.  I admit I don't watch it often.  It was available for a while on Amazon Prime but isn't anymore.  (I'm also letting my Prime subscription go.)

I would be willing to host a Kast party later this week.  Everyone can get together and decide what works for them.  Keep in mind the movie is 3 hours long.

• Like 1

I am unable to watch Hamilton because Japan has Disney Deluxe with is Disney Plus but with a much more limited release schedule and offerings. Maybe in a few months.

Also looking forward to this pick. This is one of those musicals again I always feel like I should watch because it's a classic but never have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Keep in mind the movie is 3 hours long.

Yeah, I’m going to probably have to watch in sections.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Yeah, we've really been diving into some epic-length musicals lately. You are all too kind for indulging me in this one. Thank you.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

I am unable to watch Hamilton because Japan has Disney Deluxe with is Disney Plus but with a much more limited release schedule and offerings. Maybe in a few months.

Also looking forward to this pick. This is one of those musicals again I always feel like I should watch because it's a classic but never have.

Would you like to have a Kast party?  Due to my disability I am home most of the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Yeah, we've really been diving into some epic-length musicals lately. You are all too kind for indulging me in this one. Thank you.

What we haven't told you is this counts as 1.5 picks.  Next time you'll need to pick something short like 7:35 in the Morning (still an awesome movie IMO) or under an hour. 🙂

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Hopefully this isn't a spoiler but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway.

A natural section break is right after Tzeitel's wedding.  The tone completely shifts at that point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Oh, i hope I don’t sound like I’m griping or anything. I’m perfectly fine with the length. It just seems like these days even 90 minute movies take 3 sittings. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Oh, i hope I don’t sound like I’m griping or anything. I’m perfectly fine with the length. It just seems like these days even 90 minute movies take 3 sittings. 

This has been me with anything since quarantine started. One episode of a tv show? Kind of a big commitment for someone sitting inside on the couch by myself all weekend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Would you like to have a Kast party?  Due to my disability I am home most of the day.

I'll let you know once my weekend schedule is more clear. Thanks!

• Like 1