🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 97 Preview (Cinco DeNio's pick?)

I think this is my week but want to confirm that. Also, I need to wait a little to explain my pick (sitting in the doctor's waiting room now). Once I am home from my appointment I will get into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for creating the thread @Cinco DeNio Take your time with your pick. I hope your doctor's visit goes well :) 

• Like 1

OK, here goes.  In @Cam Bert's words, I want to strike while the iron is hot and view the Hamilton prequel.  This brought the Continental Congress to life for me and allowed me to view the Framers as more than stuffy old men.  There are troublesome parts, of course, but hypocrisies are also discussed and brought to light.  The arguments between John Dickinson and John Adams were the very questions I had wondered about before seeing this movie.

We're watching

1776-musical.jpg

It is long but I plan on doing at least three Kast showings, to allow people to view an hour at a time if they wish.  It is available for rent on Vudu and Amazon, and maybe elsewhere.

• Like 4

Six years ago I was in ♫ the room where it happened, the room where it happened♫.

StUcxb7.jpg

• Like 4

Also, Movies Anywhere has a beta service called Screen Pass.  Since I own the movie I can share the movie with three Movies Anywhere users.  You would have a week to start watching it and 72 hours from the time you start viewing the movie.  Let me know if this interests anyone.

• Like 3

It is also available for free on the Pluto TV app (they do have ads on there tho)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

OK, here goes.  In @Cam Bert's words, I want to strike while the iron is hot.  I would like us to view the Hamilton prequel.  This brought the Continental Congress to life for me and allowed me to view the Framers as more than stuffy old men.  There are troublesome parts, of course, but hypocrisies are also discussed and brought to light.  The arguments between John Dickinson and John Adams were the very questions I had wondered about before seeing this movie.

We're watching

1776-musical.jpg

It is long but I plan on doing at least three Kast showings, to allow people to view an hour at a time if they wish.  It is available for rent on Vudu and Amazon, and maybe elsewhere.

I know it won't be for everyone, but this is straight up one of my favorite Musicals. It could be because I was shown it in history class at an impressionable age, but it really hits a lot of sweet spots for me.   

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

It is also available for free on the Pluto TV app (they do have ads on there tho)

How can you tell if a movie is on Pluto?  I can never find a search function.

17 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

How can you tell if a movie is on Pluto?  I can never find a search function.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/1776

justwatch is the site i use

but within Pluto, if you go to the 'musicals' listing and then to the end and see 'all musicals' that's the best way to go, I think. there's not so many movies on there, so the 'all' listings for each genre are easy to scroll through

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I know it won't be for everyone, but this is straight up one of my favorite Musicals. It could be because I was shown it in history class at an impressionable age, but it really hits a lot of sweet spots for me.   

I am that way with the TV miniseries The Blue and the Gray. I was in 8th grade History class when it was broadcast. Our teacher would record each night (on Betamax tapes!) and we'd watch and discuss it in class.

• Like 1

MUCHO, MUCHO apologies.  I had meant to host showings on Wednesday and Thursday nights as well as Friday.  So, I will be happy to schedule individual showings over the weekend if people can't access PlutoTV.  @Cam Bert, are you able to see this?  If not, let me know.

I plan on doing the usual 9 p.m. Eastern but can move that up to 7 or 8 if it's easier for whoever.

• Like 1