🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I'm kind of shocked that this movie was not already recommended. It's got:

• Jeremy Piven as a college senior, looking at least 35 already
  • Young Jon Favreau in dreadlocks
  • Jessica Walter as the politically correct head of the university
  • David Spade as the preppie villain and head of the evil frat Balls & Shaft
  • George Clinton and Parliament at a dorm party
  • Jake Busey as a stoner who plays in an ultimate frisbee league
  • Cowritten by Zak Penn (Last Action Hero, X2 and X3, Ready Player One)
  • Directed by Torontonian actor Hart Bochner, and filmed at U of T

It's basically a 90s update of Animal House with warring factions of politically correct students, all of whom hate "The Pit", a bunch of stoners and general misfits whose fraternity is going to be closed if they don't raise enough funds blah blah. It's not aging well, and it wasn't exactly aging well even in 1994, but Piven's manic cokehead energy and the supporting cast and some truly random moments give it a soft spot in my head. I mean heart. Anyway, here is the trailer.

• Thanks 1

I love this film. It's got at least two enduring lines/scenes that I will never forget (though I've forgotten the rest of the film). One is the dude whose thesis is that at any time there's always a Gene Hackman film somewhere on tv. And never wear a band shirt to the band's show.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 1:15 AM, buffalofran said:

I love this film. It's got at least two enduring lines/scenes that I will never forget (though I've forgotten the rest of the film). One is the dude whose thesis is that at any time there's always a Gene Hackman film somewhere on tv. And never wear a band shirt to the band's show.

"Back off, cock-man-oppressor!"

I also love the flashback of how Piven was Spade's awful freshman roommate.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, buffalofran said:

Switch out Gene Hackman for Samuel L. Jackson and thats a solid thesis.