đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyDanger

Dead Heat (1988)

Treat Williams, Joe Piscopo, and Vincent Price!!!

also, i would suggest rock and roll high school 2 with Corey Feldmen. awesome movies

• Like 2

Wait, how could you hold this up as a recommendation without mentioning that it's a zombie buddy-cop movie? Yes, Joe Piscopo is an intriguing proposition, but zombie buddy-cop movie.

• Like 3

It's a zombie buddy cop horror comedy starring Joe Piscopo as Doug Bigelow (get it?) and Treat Williams as Roger Mortis (yes....) I'm surprised this hasn't been done already it is glorious and completely bat-shit crazy.

Here is the wiki synopsis -

Dead Heat is a 1988 movie about an LAPD police officer, Roger Mortis (Treat Williams), killed while attempting to arrest zombies who have been reanimated by the head of Dante Laboratories in order to carry out violent armed robberies. Joe Piscopo co-stars.

Enjoy

This movie fucking delivers. I love it a little too much for my own good. How do you make Treat Williams interesting enough to tolerate for 90 minutes? You fucking kill him.

Also, Vincent Price.

HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE IS GODDAMN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

it's presently streaming on netflix. i just stumbled across it on netflix and decided to give it a watch.

it starts off so cheezy. joe piscopo and treat williams? 15 minutes in you think it's going to be a real stinker.

but holy shit, it turns out to be an awesome fucking movie. and even joe piscopo! he was charming. he got to deliver some of the best throwaway lines, like "i gotta piss so bad my teeth are starting to float". although the best throwaway line is during the final fight scene when what's-his-face shouts "shut up, ya old fart!" at vincent price.

honestly, this movie is incredible. it's... so fucking weird... there were so many incredible throw away lines...

for those of you who've seen it, i have to talk about my favorite scene. not sure if it was a gag as written or what, but i really got a kick out of when zombie treat williams is invading the lab at the end (just blasting away mortal security guards with no reservation i might add), and he encounters that other zombie, and they just stand there blasting each other with uzis, and then zombie treat wililams gets the other zombie in the ASPHYXIATION CHAMBER (who knew that would come back a second time?!?!), and as he's sealing the door, he's firing at him with the uzi, then he throws a grenade in the asphyxiation chamber, and then what i love is he squeezes a few more rounds through the edge of the door as its closing.

hahahahah

• Like 2

A film I had never heard of until a few weeks ago, This looks and feels very 80s and has a few laughs in it for this buddy cop movie that goes a bit bizarre and wayward at the end.

Synopsis:

When a dutiful Los Angeles police officer named Roger Mortis (Treat Williams) tries to apprehend robbers that happen to be zombies, he ends up as one of the undead himself. Since Mortis has managed to stay in his right mind, he aids his loudmouthed partner, Doug Bigelow (Joe Piscopo), in getting to the bottom of the macabre crime ring. Eventually the cops track down the villains, including Arthur P. Loudermilk (Vincent Price), and try to end their supernatural thievery.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jus4GsEkSIQ

Yes please. I actually haven't seen this movie and it's right up my alley. This movie would be a real treat. Treat Williams is great, I'd also back any of the Post-Beringer Substitute films. Basically it's Treat Williams inappropriately fighting teenagers for 90 minutes. Treat is really under represented on HDTGM.

This movie needs to be done if only to discuss the zombie Chinese deli scene that makes the zombie fish scene in Death Spa look tame and reserved.

I enjoyed this movie when it came out because i was a kid without discerning tastes.  I want to rewatch it...now.

On 8/22/2014 at 6:55 PM, ill Neal said:

HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE IS GODDAMN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

it's presently streaming on netflix. i just stumbled across it on netflix and decided to give it a watch.

it starts off so cheezy. joe piscopo and treat williams? 15 minutes in you think it's going to be a real stinker.

but holy shit, it turns out to be an awesome fucking movie. and even joe piscopo! he was charming. he got to deliver some of the best throwaway lines, like "i gotta piss so bad my teeth are starting to float". although the best throwaway line is during the final fight scene when what's-his-face shouts "shut up, ya old fart!" at vincent price.

honestly, this movie is incredible. it's... so fucking weird... there were so many incredible throw away lines...

for those of you who've seen it, i have to talk about my favorite scene. not sure if it was a gag as written or what, but i really got a kick out of when zombie treat williams is invading the lab at the end (just blasting away mortal security guards with no reservation i might add), and he encounters that other zombie, and they just stand there blasting each other with uzis, and then zombie treat wililams gets the other zombie in the ASPHYXIATION CHAMBER (who knew that would come back a second time?!?!), and as he's sealing the door, he's firing at him with the uzi, then he throws a grenade in the asphyxiation chamber, and then what i love is he squeezes a few more rounds through the edge of the door as its closing.

hahahahah

Lame, it is no longer on netflix!  Why wouldn't it still be available 6 years later?

On 8/26/2020 at 6:40 AM, jimkiler said:

Lame, it is no longer on netflix!  Why wouldn't it still be available 6 years later?

I watched it recently on Amazon though I can't recall if that was because I have Shudder or if it's on Prime as well.

This film is legitimately amazing, not so bad its good not guilty pleasure it is just an amazingly fun watch. From beginning to end its just packed with so much and would give HDTGM so much to talk and laugh about, I can't believe they have not done this one yet it is an 80s hidden gem. So glad I bought it on blue ray when I first say it 3 + years ago as I get to watch it all the time now

• Like 1

Bumping to keep this in the radar. Currently on Amazon.

”Big” name actors with Troma-esque  special effects.
Also the drug company is the building from Bio-Dome.

• Like 2

Tall John and Jason acknowledged this movie in the latest episode!! It is on their radar! How have they not done this yet?!!? Fingers crossed that it is on the way.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this