🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
unbirthdaygirl

What happened to 222 in Portland part of tour?

Almost a year ago, I went to see the live show in Portland, OR with the film 222. I am a pretty regular listener of the podcast and have been really confused as to why this episode has never aired. I check in every week to see what the movie is and what it will be the following week so I am sure I didn't miss it. And I can find no information on why it never came out. I was even starting to think maybe I had imagined it, but I have the shirt from that show. Baby Fight! Anyone know why? Thank you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, unbirthdaygirl said:

Almost a year ago, I went to see the live show in Portland, OR with the film 222. I am a pretty regular listener of the podcast and have been really confused as to why this episode has never aired. I check in every week to see what the movie is and what it will be the following week so I am sure I didn't miss it. And I can find no information on why it never came out. I was even starting to think maybe I had imagined it, but I have the shirt from that show. Baby Fight! Anyone know why? Thank you!

They have a large number of live shows in reserve. This week's episode is Swordfish, which was recorded live in Denver on August 25, 2018.

11 hours ago, DanEngler said:

They have a large number of live shows in reserve. This week's episode is Swordfish, which was recorded live in Denver on August 25, 2018.

I don’t think they have that many, do they? Swordfish had become the mysterious missing episode that everyone was wondering about. I think it got held up as long as it did because one of the hosts was working on a show with one of the stars or the director or something and was afraid of offending him. Must have gotten that worked out or something.

That said, a lot of episodes do go close to a year before they get released. We can’t call this one the new Swordfish for a few more months, IMHO.

22 hours ago, CaptainAmazing said:

I don’t think they have that many, do they?

Episodes that they've recorded but haven't released are: 2:22, Abraxas, Holy Matrimony, The Visitor, and Governor Gabbi. Like Paul said in the Mini, they like to store them up in case they're unavailable due to filming. Back in the day, I want to say around Secret of the Ooze, there were times when they would go a month and a half without an episode. I like how they bottle episodes now.

Regarding Swordfish, I've heard from three separate people in three separate places that it was due to working with Don Cheadle on Black Monday. They all said that during the Q&A at a live show that they wouldn't release it while he was still on the show. That being said, Paul sort of dismissed that idea on last week's mini so who knows? I'm inclined to think it was somewhere in the middle. It wasn't exactly forbidden by Cheadle, but more of a professional courtesy from Paul and maybe people read that as more dramatic than it actually was. If you follow them on Twitter, they seem to have a good rapport, and Cheadle definitely has a sense of humor.

Besides, as I am currently watching Swordfish, Cheadle is far from the problem in that movie. I sincerely doubt any of their jokes were directed his way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Episodes that they've recorded but haven't released are: 2:22, Abraxas, Holy Matrimony, The Visitor, and Governor Gabbi. Like Paul said in the Mini, they like to store them up in case they're unavailable due to filming. Back in the day, I want to say around Secret of the Ooze, there were times when they would go a month and a half without an episode. I like how they bottle episodes now.

Regarding Swordfish, I've heard from three separate people in three separate places that it was due to working with Don Cheadle on Black Monday. They all said that during the Q&A at a live show that they wouldn't release it while he was still on the show. That being said, Paul sort of dismissed that idea on last week's mini so who knows? I'm inclined to think it was somewhere in the middle. It wasn't exactly forbidden by Cheadle, but more of a professional courtesy from Paul and maybe people read that as more dramatic than it actually was. If you follow them on Twitter, they seem to have a good report, and Cheadle definitely has a sense of humor.

Besides, as I am currently watching Swordfish, Cheadle is far from the problem in that movie. I sincerely doubt any of their jokes were directed his way. 

Since they announced releasing Swordfish this week, I've been kind of dreading it. I expect a bunch of people over analyzing it (maybe not here but twitter or reddit or wherever) like any reference they make to Cheadle will be "WOW! THIS is what Cheadle was offended by?!?!?!" or "They must have cut something!!!!!! This isn't bad at all!!!!!" People made a mountain out of a complete non-issue as if Swordfish is atop the bad movie pantheon.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 3:00 PM, Cameron H. said:

Regarding Swordfish, I've heard from three separate people in three separate places that it was due to working with Don Cheadle on Black Monday. They all said that during the Q&A at a live show that they wouldn't release it while he was still on the show. That being said, Paul sort of dismissed that idea on last week's mini so who knows? I'm inclined to think it was somewhere in the middle. It wasn't exactly forbidden by Cheadle, but more of a professional courtesy from Paul and maybe people read that as more dramatic than it actually was. If you follow them on Twitter, they seem to have a good rapport, and Cheadle definitely has a sense of humor.

Yeah given that Cheadle is really on-screen maybe 15-20 minutes of the movie and is actually good in it, I think it went more towards courtesy than say The Smurfs was done and Jayma Mays got made fun of quite a bit in the episode, only for her to show up on The League for a couple seasons to play Paul's love interest.

My wife and I were at this show, too, and we've been waiting for it to air. But, it is completely understandable that they would keep episodes in reserve. We were beginning to think they weren't airing this episode because this movie is so, so bad.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, Blast Hardcheese said:

My wife and I were at this show, too, and we've been waiting for it to air. But, it is completely understandable that they would keep episodes in reserve. We were beginning to think they weren't airing this episode because this movie is so, so bad.

I watched the first 5-10 minutes of this last night and had to stop. The entertainment level to assaultive stupidity ratio was so bad that I turned it off. I believe the entertainment level was zero and the assaultive level was 20 (how many quick cuts does a movie need?). I also believe that this ratio illustrates that I don’t know how math works.

I made it to where he was zipping through traffic on his bike without a helmet and was actively hoping he’d a)traumatize an elderly person crossing the street, b)accidentally plow through some large windows being carried by construction workers, and/or c) get hit by a cab or bus. When he made it safely to air traffic control(???) I said fuck you movie and watched Extra Ordinary instead.