🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GrahamS.

Extra Ordinary (2020): A surprisingly charming horror/rom-com that’s one of the most entertaining films from this year!

I wanted to call attention to this movie because it blipped across my radar before the pandemic hit, but I didn’t really know much about it until I watched it tonight. Now, if you can get on it’s oddball wavelength, I think it’s one of the funniest comedies to be released this year. All of the actors are awesome (particularly the Maeve Higgins and Barry Ward) and it mixes (and subverts) horror and rom-com cliches in clever and funny ways.

Obviously taste is subjective and it got decent—not rave—reviews, but I’ve been watching some heavy films lately (I pretty much watched Relic and She’ll Die Tomorrow back to back for some fucked-up reason) and this was a film that I was thoroughly, unexpectedly entertained by. With the world the way that it is, it was a refreshing distraction, which right now is a small miracle. But maybe I’m just a sucker for movies where Will Forte plays an inept Satanist.

P.S., I don’t recommend judging it by the trailer, it just makes it look weird and dumb.

• Like 1

I actually got a chance to work on this movie, shot in Ireland, and it was such a great experience. Loved meeting Will Forte, and everyone who worked on it was lovely. It turned out really well. Glad people are enjoying it!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chickie said:

I actually got a chance to work on this movie, shot in Ireland, and it was such a great experience. Loved meeting Will Forte, and everyone who worked on it was lovely. It turned out really well. Glad people are enjoying it!

That's super rad (and I'm a teensy bit jealous). 🤩

• Like 1

It's great. I was at the premiere of it at the Galway Film Fleadh last year and everyone attending got "a gravel" to take home with them. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this