๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
CNU2007

50 Worst Movie Sequels of All Time - Rotten Tomatoes

Rotten Tomatoes released their worst movie sequels of all time. To qualify for the list, a movie needed at least 10 official critic reviews so I am sure some older sequels were left off for that reason.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/worst-sequels-of-all-time/

How many of these has HDTGM done? Speed 2, Highlander 2, am I missing any others? There are some such as Son of Mask or any of the Baby Genius movies that would work for future episodes.

What sequels are missing from this list that should be there?ย ย 

All of the Police Academy sequels.

The Exorcist II

Jason Vs. Freddy or whatever itโ€™s called.

That's real cheap to use Troll 2 on the list as it isn't really a sequel to the original Troll, that would be like saying Zombi 2 is an actual sequel to Dawn of the Dead. I'm honestly surprised Return of the Living Dead 2 made the list as that actually is a pretty solid sequel to the first return, but I'm guessing it barely has the minimum number of reviews as it has no critical consensus listed for it.

As for Freddy vs. Jason that was a great film as a horror fan because it had just enough setup to give us reason as to why they would be fighting and the final battle succeeds in giving the viewer a full fledged fight between to slasher icons that is basically the entire third act of the film, where as in movies like King Kong vs. Godzilla or Batman vs. Superman it is a short scene that is more of a plot device rather than the endgame of the movie.

For things missing from the list, I'd add Blade Trinity as it was clear Snipes was doing it for the paycheck and phoning in his performance and while it got decent reviews from critics, Godfather part 3 is one of the worst sequels ever, especially as a follow up to arguably the greatest sequel ever made in part 2. I know Francis Ford Coppola has said he is re-editing it with additions being made to the beginning and end to show off his true vision, but that was just a soulless dumpster fire of a film that may just be beyond repair.

Sign in to follow this