🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Twisted Pair (2018)

Since Fateful Findings was covered I figured that this would be the next best film as it has not one but TWO NEIL FUCKING BREENS!! It also has the best green screen technology since Nickelodeon's 90s game show Nick Arcade and the greatest fake facial hair since the electrical tape mustached from Sleepaway Camp. Also the movie should be covered in preparation for the apparent sequel that Breen is working on right now.

• Like 1

Theres no way he hasn't compared this movie to the Avengers in casual conversation with people. It feels like he combined all of the professions he's had in all his previous movies into one character in this. 

• Like 2

What's funniest to me is that the graphics used for his virtual reality surgery isn't terrible for a micro-budget movie like this, but then you have the rest of it and it's barely above the level of those make your own music video shops that used to be in shopping malls. Also I would love to hear that he's been contacted by Marvel to direct a movie, but turned them down because they wouldn't let him use one of his characters in the movie. And if the movie gods are listening, the sequel to this movie will be his Avengers where all of his prior characters meet to battle a great evil, though I don't know if his green screen skills can handle that many Neil Breens.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RyanSz said:

What's funniest to me is that the graphics used for his virtual reality surgery isn't terrible for a micro-budget movie like this, but then you have the rest of it and it's barely above the level of those make your own music video shops that used to be in shopping malls. Also I would love to hear that he's been contacted by Marvel to direct a movie, but turned them down because they wouldn't let him use one of his characters in the movie. And if the movie gods are listening, the sequel to this movie will be his Avengers where all of his prior characters meet to battle a great evil, though I don't know if his green screen skills can handle that many Neil Breens.

I would give anything for him to try and pull of a Nutty Professor and have like eight different roles in one movie. Whats so remarkable to me about his movies is that each one despite how terrible they all are, show a marked improvement from the previous one. So much of Double Down is just Neil Breen climbing around on rocks and running around the desert. 

I Am Here...Now and Pass Thru are both incomprehensible but they also had more shooting locations and much more ambitious plots. Fateful Findings and Twisted Pair, are as incompetently made as anything he's done but they also manage to much more successfully tell a story. Like if Breen had an ounce of restraint Twisted Pair was as close as he's come to telling a cohesive story, but I can only imagine he just couldnt help himself and include the plot point that him and his twin were also hybrid A.I. demi-gods. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

I would give anything for him to try and pull of a Nutty Professor and have like eight different roles in one movie. Whats so remarkable to me about his movies is that each one despite how terrible they all are, show a marked improvement from the previous one. So much of Double Down is just Neil Breen climbing around on rocks and running around the desert. 

I Am Here...Now and Pass Thru are both incomprehensible but they also had more shooting locations and much more ambitious plots. Fateful Findings and Twisted Pair, are as incompetently made as anything he's done but they also manage to much more successfully tell a story. Like if Breen had an ounce of restraint Twisted Pair was as close as he's come to telling a cohesive story, but I can only imagine he just couldnt help himself and include the plot point that him and his twin were also hybrid A.I. demi-gods. 

The main question is... who wins in the inevitable battle among all of the Breens? Each are so amazing at everything  so what tips it in favor of any one of them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RyanSz said:

The main question is... who wins in the inevitable battle among all of the Breens? Each are so amazing at everything  so what tips it in favor of any one of them?

Has to be Cade, its the first character he felt so strongly about that he had to make a sequel. Also the last name Altair, and the the fact that calls himself hybrid a.i. intelligence makes me think that Neil Breen might be an Assassins Creed fan. 

I was just thinking about I Am Here... Now and i'm torn on who would win. Cade may be a Hybrid Alien Intelligence but he appears to be an actual god in I Am Here... Now. 

There is one part where he hits on a woman on the walkway. He sees her later and follows her home. Then they fight, he calls her bitch and it seems like he's going to rape her. She hits him over the head with a picture. (From the sound of it, glass is everywhere! )They laugh it off and cuddle. She says, "Mom called earlier." He says, "tell Mom hi." So, is that his sister? Girlfriend? This movie is way crazier than the first.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:04 PM, RAD5000 said:

There is one part where he hits on a woman on the walkway. He sees her later and follows her home. Then they fight, he calls her bitch and it seems like he's going to rape her. She hits him over the head with a picture. (From the sound of it, glass is everywhere! )They laugh it off and cuddle. She says, "Mom called earlier." He says, "tell Mom hi." So, is that his sister? Girlfriend? This movie is way crazier than the first.

Yeah so I finally watched this movie last night with friends and that scene boggled our minds as it comes out of nowhere, especially as Cade is supposed to be the good guy of the two brothers. Then once we walked it back logically it is easily the biggest long game foreplay we have ever seen in a movie, because not only does he have that rushed attempt at trying to set up a meeting with her after bumping into her, they do it in front of the homeless guy so that they have a witness, and then the dude comes back to that spot to confirm with the homeless guy that he's been "stood up." If the end game is just to bang after some very physical rough housing, why go back to the homeless guy?

Also I can see if there was an episode for this movie, a majority of it would be dedicated to this scene.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyanSz said:

Then once we walked it back logically it is easily the biggest long game foreplay we have ever seen in a movie, because not only does he have that rushed attempt at trying to set up a meeting with her after bumping into her, they do it in front of the homeless guy so that they have a witness, and then the dude comes back to that spot to confirm with the homeless guy that he's been "stood up." If the end game is just to bang after some very physical rough housing, why go back to the homeless guy?

Also I can see if there was an episode for this movie, a majority of it would be dedicated to this scene.

Thats the best part of their foreplay, they go to incredible lengths to involve an innocent homeless man in their sex games. Also it's more than a little terrifying that this is how Breen views as some fun roleplay that couples might get into. 

Or is it like a metaphor for how that even though they were married they never really knew each other because in the end she was a double agent for Cuzzx?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Thats the best part of their foreplay, they go to incredible lengths to involve an innocent homeless man in their sex games. Also it's more than a little terrifying that this is how Breen views as some fun roleplay that couples might get into. 

Or is it like a metaphor for how that even though they were married they never really knew each other because in the end she was a double agent for Cuzzx?

I have to assume this is just an excuse for Breen to call someone a bitch and not get punched over it, because he uses it A LOT in the film. Also I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't just make the girl at the end, who thinks he's his brother but shaven now, is not the same actress that has been playing Cale's girlfriend for the entire film. My friends and I were also a bit drunk watching this so we called his real estate office because we didn't know what we'd do if we called his cell number and he picked up, so I really hope the show tries to get him on the phone if they do another one of his movies.

• Like 1

I watched this start to finish last night and it's raised a couple of questions like, who gave him permission to film at the community college? Because due to the fact that he filmed at their almost exclusively at night and everytime he was inside the building it didn't appear that he had permission to turn on any of the interior lights, which almost makes it seem like he just broke in and filmed there. 

The alternative would be that someone in the drama dept who was cast in the movie allowed him in which would also be hilarious. I don't think they'll call him during one of the shows, I know Huebel was on board but the idea was making Jason uncomfortable. 

They talked about it on RedLetterMedia, that the biggest danger to Breen's career is him becoming self-aware of what he's doing and start leaning into it way too heavily like Tommy Wiseau.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

I watched this start to finish last night and it's raised a couple of questions like, who gave him permission to film at the community college? Because due to the fact that he filmed at their almost exclusively at night and everytime he was inside the building it didn't appear that he had permission to turn on any of the interior lights, which almost makes it seem like he just broke in and filmed there. 

The alternative would be that someone in the drama dept who was cast in the movie allowed him in which would also be hilarious. I don't think they'll call him during one of the shows, I know Huebel was on board but the idea was making Jason uncomfortable. 

They talked about it on RedLetterMedia, that the biggest danger to Breen's career is him becoming self-aware of what he's doing and start leaning into it way too heavily like Tommy Wiseau.

My friends and I were certain that the bulk of the cast were people that worked at Breen's businesses with how stilted they were in their delivery because as least there is some emotion in drama students or people wanting to go into acting. I can also feel safe in guaranteeing that they didn't turn on any lights because Breen thought it would look more dramatic and suspenseful. As for Breen becoming self aware, I don't think there is any chance of that because in all of the interviews and articles I've seen on him, he legit thinks he's making great films and doesn't see anything he does in them as cheep or hokey. In Wiseau's case he was one of the millions of dreamers who wanted to be the next great actor but he realized he had to lean into the hand he was dealt with The Room to stay in the limelight, Breen is just like "fucking nailed it, onto the next film."

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 5:51 AM, RyanSz said:

My friends and I were certain that the bulk of the cast were people that worked at Breen's businesses with how stilted they were in their delivery because as least there is some emotion in drama students or people wanting to go into acting. I can also feel safe in guaranteeing that they didn't turn on any lights because Breen thought it would look more dramatic and suspenseful. As for Breen becoming self aware, I don't think there is any chance of that because in all of the interviews and articles I've seen on him, he legit thinks he's making great films and doesn't see anything he does in them as cheep or hokey. In Wiseau's case he was one of the millions of dreamers who wanted to be the next great actor but he realized he had to lean into the hand he was dealt with The Room to stay in the limelight, Breen is just like "fucking nailed it, onto the next film."

Unfortunately he actually hired struggling actors and actresses for at least this and Fateful Findings. I remember seeing the teenage girl in Fateful Findings on an episode of The Goldbergs. 

Sign in to follow this