🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
CarolineEAnd

Questions for Danny Trejo

This is the greatest news in podcasting since... I don't know, since headphones?

Anyway, as a fan of Trejo's, I'm aware he's had a violent past and has spent some time in prison. This may be getting too heady or serious for the podcast, but I've always wondered what it's like for him to play criminals, tough guys, and master killers, and to have made a career out of it. I know he has been separate from the criminal world for decades, but I'm curious how those past experiences influence him now, in his performances and in his life. He's always come off as such a nice guy in interviews, that the distance between both his former self (the little I know about it) and the characters he plays is sometimes pretty remarkable.

If that's too Inside the Actors Studio-ish, then I'd like to know about how he feels about comedy vs. drama or action. I think he has really underrated comedic timing and can be very entertaining even in the goofiest of movies. The best part about 'Bubble Boy,' that's for sure!

Awesome guest. Has Danny always been a fan of grindhouse movies? Also, is going to be in the upcoming season of Sons of Anarchy?

Does he choose roles based on playing to type, or is he at a point how where he's looking more for opportunities to play against type?

Post-Machete, what are his feelings on the representation of Mexicans/Hispanics/Latinos in big media?