🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 90 - Keith Urban

Singer, songwriter, and record producer Keith Urban feels incredibly confused about being Conan O’Brien’s friend.

Keith sits down with Conan to talk about playing a surprise drive-in concert for healthcare workers, quitting school to pursue his music career, and releasing his new album ‘The Speed of Now Part 1.’ Later, Conan envisions the mascot of the Conan O’Brien Elementary School.

Bummer that Conan missed out on getting a a school named after him, but his turn might come up again. If it does and he wants to go a less masturbatory route with the mascot, my suggestion is the Eisenhowers. The Conan O'Brien High School Fightin' Ikes. School football helmets could all be painted to look like Ike's bald head; basketball uniforms could alternate between NATO commander's uniforms for home games and sensible grey suits for away matches. The possibilities are endless.

I suppose the person wearing the big, friendly, oversized Ike mascot costume on the sideline at games could pretend to masturbate, sometimes, if that seals the deal.

I thoroughly enjoy Conan O'brien's great wit and humor, and I usually enjoy this podcast, but listening to this episode with Keith Urban was almost painful. Conan is great when he's reminiscing old times with people he knows, but it's surprising how obviously awkward and uncomfortable he becomes when matched with anyone else: rather than simply asking questions and let the interviewee talk, Conan can't stop yammering, awkwardly and uncomfortably, about himself! Really? From a guy who has been interviewing stars on television for how many years? 

My recommendation to the producer of this show (Matt Gorely?): avoid having people that Conan doesn't know as guests. It definitely does not work!

God, I love this podcast, but I didn’t know what to expect from this episode since I don’t know much about Keith Urban or his music (sorry). But now I want to download some of his music and give it a try. It seems that every week I meet really cool people who inspire me to get out of my 52 year old rut and expand my horizons. Thanks, Conan and company!

• Like 1

Conan’s rival podcast should be Half-Arsed History:   https://halfarsedhistory.net/

It’s a fun history podcast!

Sign in to follow this