đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Charity Episode)

For the last TWO YEARS, Paul has been harassed by a man named Michael Bay who has begged him to do TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN on HDTGM. 

We finally caved! 
But under one condition, only it was for charity! 
Bay said, YES!

You can download this special episode and EXCLUSIVE interview with M. Bay for a limited time at HDTGM.com for only FIVE DOLLARS!

100% of the proceeds go to
"WHEN WE ALL VOTE" a non-profit, nonpartisan organization that is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.  

• Like 1

I thought I would go ahead and create a thread for anyone interested. I haven't listened to the episode yet, but I made sure to get my donation in :) 

• Like 4

Listening now. Paul has a pretty amazing revelation about his relationship to this movie after the interview with the Bays.

Edit: and Jason too! Wild.

Since I'm editing this post and since they talk about it some in the episode, does anyone here actually like Michael Bay's movies? Bad Boys 2 is honestly one of the worst, most depressing films I have ever seen.

2 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Listening now. Paul has a pretty amazing revelation about his relationship to this movie after the interview with the Bays.

Since I'm editing this post and since they talk about it some in the episode, does anyone here actually like Michael Bay's movies? Bad Boys 2 is honestly one of the worst, most depressing films I have ever seen.

The only one I  kinda liked because it was two different movies packed into one was The Island, and it was a flop. I won’t swear that it was good because I saw it over a decade ago and I only have “WTF” memories of it. I just remember thinking “this isn’t as bad as I would have thought,” and was fairly entertained by it. 

Otherwise I saw Transformer:Revenge of the Fallen with some friends (who were excited about it, I was along for the ride) in IMAX. We all thought it was a racist piece of shit. I’ve seen the stage version of Cats and know that the movie must have horrors in store, but I can’t imagine it being as racist.

I also blame Bay for the image of Sean Connery as a long-haired hippie singing San Francisco off-key while in the shower on The Rock. I have only watched that movie once and it has been burned into my brain ever since.

Whoa. Wasn’t aware this was up already. Just donated. Does anyone know why it’s Transformers 2 and not 1? Do I have to watch it?

15 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Whoa. Wasn’t aware this was up already. Just donated. Does anyone know why it’s Transformers 2 and not 1? Do I have to watch it?

Because 2 is more even more blatantly racist, stupid and generally more awful than 1 (which is mediocre but not AS bad). Either film you still have Bay ogling Megan Fox with his camera.

No, I don’t think you have to watch it. If you want to get a taste of it, CinemaSins has an Everything Wrong With Video for it on YouTube. The whole movie is covered in twenty minutes as opposed to 2 1/2 hours.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

When all the Blockbusters were closing and they were selling all their stock, I picked this up on Blu-Ray for, like, a dollar or something. We watched maybe 15 minutes (when he goes to college I want to say) when my wife popped it out of the player, snapped it in half, and threw it away -- lol. So, no, I don't think you need to watch it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

When all the Blockbusters were closing and they were selling all their stock, I picked this up on Blu-Ray for, like, a dollar or something. We watched maybe 15 minutes (when he goes to college I want to say) when my wife popped it out of the player, snapped it in half, and threw it away -- lol. So, no, I don't think you need to watch it.

Isn’t that the sequence when the dad gets high on pot? Jesus, I don’t believe I remember that. That’s part of my brain that could be put to better use!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

Isn’t that the sequence when the dad gets high on pot? Jesus, I don’t believe I remember that. That’s part of my brain that could be put to better use!

I think so. It was a lot of sexist garbage and nonsense. It was a real drag.

• Like 1

I've never watched a Transformers movie. Is this the one Andy Daly is in?

I'm too lazy to google.

I listened and I am concerned for Cody, having to open these packages. Does Earwolf give good healthcare and insurance? I have concerns.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

I enjoyed the Bad Boys films for the set piece action scenes as well as the chemistry between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, and The Rock is great and one of the rare Bay films with an actual plot and story the viewer can get behind as well as a cast stacked with great character actors that Cage and Connery can work off of. Armageddon is definitely a movie that should be covered by the show for its so-bad-it's-good nature and I legit love Pain & Gain as it's a pretty decent adaptation of the real life incident, albeit Bay softened the outcome for some of the victims, where the real life counterparts fared a lot worse. Every thing else of I've either seen once and that was enough or I've avoided like the plague.

• Like 1

I've never seen A Transformers BUT I love  youtube film critic Lindsay Ellis. Adore her. She's so smart and so funny. She also loves Transformers and did an amazings and insightful series on film study through the lens of these movies that I can't recommend enough. Her episode on Megan Fox especially was very good.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 7:58 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I listened and I am concerned for Cody, having to open these packages. Does Earwolf give good healthcare and insurance? I have concerns.

I have Concerns for whoever ate the cereal  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gigi-tastic said:

To parrot June: Are The Men Ok? Men of the board how ya doing? 

I haven’t watched the movie since I was cajoled into seeing it in IMAX, so I still have a few psychological scars, but after a decade +, I think I’m OK.

What I want to know is what movie beat this in terms of product placement? Was it another Bay film?

A question for the people behind the scenes ... is there anyway we can donate to a non-political cause? We don't really do the whole political donations thing over here nor do I have any interest in contributing to any political entity .. of any kind .. so maybe if ye could set something up for the wildfires or something for anyone of a similar mind???

if it's too late that's cool

So is this ep a download or a one time listen at a provided link?

I donated and get the link in an email but it doesn’t seem to dl to anything on my phone or iPad. 
Paul says you have 24 hrs to dl it on HDTG.com 

• Hedgehog 1

42 minutes ago, Whotony said:

So is this ep a download or a one time listen at a provided link?

I donated and get the link in an email but it doesn’t seem to dl to anything on my phone or iPad. 
Paul says you have 24 hrs to dl it on HDTG.com 

I didn’t realize this. I got it to listen to when I had the time—you know, like a podcast. Oh well. It’s still a good cause. I’ll just have to deal with my FOMO.

• Sad 1

As someone who enjoyed the bit from the mini-episodes which lead to this, it was actually a pretty big bummer listening to Jason and June's reaction.

18 hours ago, Whotony said:

iOS chrome didn't work for me. I had to access the download link from iOS Safari.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sosse said:

As someone who enjoyed the bit from the mini-episodes which lead to this, it was actually a pretty big bummer listening to Jason and June's reaction.

Were you bummed because they thought it could a bad precedent? Because I understand their concern and although the episode was fine and definitely for a good cause, it didn’t sound like they had that much fun.

20 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I didn’t realize this. I got it to listen to when I had the time—you know, like a podcast. Oh well. It’s still a good cause. I’ll just have to deal with my FOMO.

I don’t think you missed out, if you ended up missing the episode. You donated to a good cause and the episode had some funny parts, but was not a classic. Maybe because it comes on the heels of the Velocipastor episode, which had great tangents. This one legit sounds like they don’t want to be talking about this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

I don’t think you missed out, if you ended up missing the episode. You donated to a good cause and the episode had some funny parts, but was not a classic. Maybe because it comes on the heels of the Velocipastor episode, which had great tangents. This one legit sounds like they don’t want to be talking about this.

Honestly, I was never super thrilled about the bit or them doing this movie in the first place. I wouldn't have even bothered except that I believed in the cause. I'm glad I donated. That's what's important. 

• Like 1