🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Greatbob Umber

Tell me something/anything about the NERD POKER podcast!

The NYT piece on the upcoming (and likely awesome) Comedy Bang Bang television show, (http://www.nytimes.c...rlOBCPESDPkfyOg) mentions the following:

"Since 2005 he has overseen a comedy showcase at the Los Angeles branch of the Upright Citizens Brigade, the breeding ground for network sitcom stars, whose founders include Ms. Poehler. And two years ago Mr. Aukerman started a homespun podcasting network called Earwolf, which has become a forum for audacious comedic anthropology. (In a forthcoming series called “Nerd Poker,” for instance, comedians are recorded while playing Dungeons & Dragons.) For Comedy Central he also recently directed a TV version of “Between Two Ferns,” the popular and offbeat Web interview show he created with Mr. Galifianakis and B. J. Porter, a longtime friend and collaborator."

I am excited! Apparently Brian Posehn is hosting? Can we get some more information? Who's going to be on this show? Rotating guests? When does it start?

• Like 1

I rushed here to see if the forums had any info on Nerd Poker when i read up to that sentence in the NYT article. This is nearly as exciting as CBB going to television. From my past DnD playing I can guarantee this will be terribly entertaining. Someone give us more info!

p.s. Greatbob - appreciate the asoiaf reference.

Come on, it's been more than a fortnight. That's plenty of time for an extended rest. Let's hear some updates.

Also, I I'm not sure what asoiaf is, this is my actual name.

Also, I am a liar.

• Like 1

Look, let's be honest. If I care this much about the POSSIBILITY of the Nerd Poker podcast, I can probably keep bumping this thread for years.

• Like 1

http://splitsider.com/2012/09/earwolf-launches-a-whole-bunch-of-new-podcasts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Splitsider+%28Splitsider%29

I have waited patiently for months and months and months (three months, that's about right), and you just give this scoop to Splitsider over me? Just because they're well known and popular and much smarter for getting information out than a barely-noticed Earwolf forum thread? That hurts. Hurts rull bad.

• Like 4

Win. Today was definitely the best day for me to have joined. NerdPoker is my life.

Sign in to follow this