🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
FBLBand

Newcomer to Comedy Bang Bang

Hey all.

I am a new listener to the podcast. Can anyone suggest some good episodes to get a better idea of the show? My first listen was earlier today, but I picked the Ed Helms episode and get the vibe there are better representations of the show.

Thanks for your time.

I feel like any episodes with Andy Daly, Paul F Tompkins, or James Adomian would be your best bets. (Probably Nick Kroll too, though I don't think he's been on as many) They play the most well known and repeated characters methinks.

And then once you've heard enough that you have a feel of the recurring characters and games, the "best of" and anniversary/holiday episodes are always chock full of awesomeness.

Happy listening!

• Like 1

Episode 103 has the best mix, most of the reoccurring guests in small chunks but is also a contiguous episode rather than a best of. Good runners-up of introductory episodes could be episode 31 with Michael Cera and a cavalcade of people ragging on Harris Wittles' first attempt at the Phone Corner, episode 59 with a classic Andy Daly character, or episode 77, excellent Halloween episode.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, I will start checking them out at work tomorrow.

Do yourself a favor and get any episode featuring Andy Daly and Jason Mantzoukas. Those two are insane together. And of course, the classic, Farts & Procreation.

But everyone's going to throw out Andy Daly and Paul F Tompkins. A personal favorite of mine is Hologram Toes (http://www.earwolf.com/episode/hologram-toes/) Patton Oswalt is great, and it has one of the most under-rated characters in the history of the show: The Diner Marshal. And I'm qualified to make that statement because I have a blog on the internet.

• Like 1

Gotta give another vote to any episodes with Andy Daly, Paul F Tompkins, and/or James Adomian. I also found I was going back and listening to any other episode that had someone I was already a big fan of on.

The 3 live shows from Bumbershoot last year are available to purchase in the store, I think it's $10 for all three, but they are some of the greatest CBB moments ever, and all three episodes have Andy and Paul playing different characters on them, with a different guest each show. Highly recommended!

I second the love for ep 103.. to repeat what I posted in that one's comments thread:

"I just recommended this episode to a friend as a great starting point for Earwolf. You get Reggie Watts' brilliance, the name change, the announcement of Professor Blastoff and just gold all around."

Sign in to follow this