🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MariahN

The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999)

I'm watching it on Youtube (sometimes they have movies free with ads, so i try to take advantage), and how has this NOT been done?! 

• Like 1

Only redeeming thing about this movie was Garbage's Push It being on the soundtrack which I still blast unabashedly from my car to this day. 

The only decent thing about this was the final massacre, though it's been decades since I've watched it so I'm sure the CGI is horrible as hell. I am still pretty shocked about how Sue Snell from the original film is handled in this final act, basically discarded without a second thought and turned into a pretty grim piece of the set. Also considering how Zachary Ty Bryan has been in the new recently for similarly douchey behavior, along with other roles he's had since Home Improvement ended, this seems like he was just acting like himself rather than doing a character in a film or show.

On 10/22/2020 at 5:30 PM, RyanSz said:

The only decent thing about this was the final massacre, though it's been decades since I've watched it so I'm sure the CGI is horrible as hell. I am still pretty shocked about how Sue Snell from the original film is handled in this final act, basically discarded without a second thought and turned into a pretty grim piece of the set. Also considering how Zachary Ty Bryan has been in the new recently for similarly douchey behavior, along with other roles he's had since Home Improvement ended, this seems like he was just acting like himself rather than doing a character in a film or show.

Yea its pretty inconceivable that the director didnt at some point tell him to just "be himself" in his performance. It seems pretty spot on, also his character almost seems as if its the same character as his Home Improvement role. 

I remember being deeply confused as to how she was supposed to be related to the original Carrie. I know they explained it at some point, but I cant for the life of me remember the circumstances around it. 

On 11/10/2020 at 6:29 PM, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Yea its pretty inconceivable that the director didnt at some point tell him to just "be himself" in his performance. It seems pretty spot on, also his character almost seems as if its the same character as his Home Improvement role. 

I remember being deeply confused as to how she was supposed to be related to the original Carrie. I know they explained it at some point, but I cant for the life of me remember the circumstances around it. 

It's basically that Carrie's dad who abandoned her and her mother, got another chick pregnant decades later and so the lead girl of this is Carrie's half-sister. It's basically the same  link made in Jason Goes to Hell: the Final Friday where the demonic spirit powering Jason Voorhees is hunting after a familial host to be its new body as Jason's father got another woman pregnant after he left his wife Pamela and grew a family with the new woman.

Sign in to follow this