🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 161 — Highly Illogical

Comedy Bang! Bang! on IFC has been a long time coming and in less than a week you'll be able to catch the premiere! To ease the pain of the wait, we're bringing you a full week of Earwolf podcasts heralding the show's arrival. I know it's highly illogical, but we've brought in bandleader Reggie Watts and producer/guest Tim Heidecker to talk to two of the the interesting strangers who made their way from the podcast to the television show. Stay tuned to Earwolf all week to hear Scott, Reggie, and special guests like Will Forte and Dave Koechner preparing you for the premiere of Comedy Bang! Bang! on IFC. Tune into IFC this Friday at 10/9 central to see Zach Galifianakis, Gillian Jacobs, Thomas Lennon, Will Forte, and some guy named Andy Daly.

All week?!? Never has that phrase been so sexy. So saxy. Soooo seaaaaxxyy.

scott loves woodies but then again dont we all? maybe not haha i knew this episode was going to be fucking amazing when i saw it in itunes at 3 in the morning haha

• Like 1

scott loves woodies but then again dont we all? maybe not haha i knew this episode was going to be fucking amazing when i saw it in itunes at 3 in the morning haha

It's good to know I'm not the only one who listens to these podcasts at odd hours of the morning/late nights. :P

• Like 2

Awesome episode.

Does anyone else think Reggie sounds like Ike Willis from Zappa's mid-eighties line-up? Listening to Reggie stifle his laughter is infectious.

• Like 2

I can't stop listening to that last song!

That was funny when Tim pretended he had a sponsorship from tvguide.com . Also, it's funny when all these Earwolf shows pretend they have a sponsorship from Pepsi.

• Like 1

Guest PepsiLover1976

That was funny when Tim pretended he had a sponsorship from tvguide.com . Also, it's funny when all these Earwolf shows pretend they have a sponsorship from Pepsi.

Oh, I love the new ads.

I was just thinking the other day: "these podcasts are OK, but I really miss those grating and awful ads from normal radio" I know what you're thinking - there have always been ads on the podcasts! But those were all thematically appropriate, in the voice of the hosts and didn't yank the listener out of the show. These unfunny and completely generic Pepsi ads are a welcome change from all of that.

• Like 1

Oh, I love the new ads.

I was just thinking the other day: "these podcasts are OK, but I really miss those grating and awful ads from normal radio" I know what you're thinking - there have always been ads on the podcasts! But those were all thematically appropriate, in the voice of the hosts and didn't yank the listener out of the show. These unfunny and completely generic Pepsi ads are a welcome change from all of that.

I was just thinking the other day: "Earwolf provides me and 100,000+ other people with 8-10 hours of free audio every week. In an economic climate where advertising revenue — especially online advertising revenue — has bottomed out, I'd be surprised if sponsorships even offset the expense of transferring hundreds of GB of data per week." I know what you're thinking - the success or failure of Earwolf's business model is not my problem! But if the business falters, so too goes the comedy.

Ergo, rather than complain, I have chosen to grit my teeth and endure the sisyphean task of listening to a 60-second Pepsi spot.

• Like 13

Ching Chong Matinee sounds riveting, plus a new production from Don Dimelo, CBB TV on Friday, and another smooth album from Barry R.? Good God, this really is highly illogical.

Great podcast!

Like the rest of the posters, I too want to see Ching-Chong Matinee; truly epic filmmaking by our great arthouse director.

It was great hearing Don Dimelo, but was sort of scared. Was that an imposter Don Dimelo that showed up, since the last time Don Dimelo was on he committed suicide in the Cavalcade of Daly Deaths on the Mantzoukas episode?

That final song I would love to have as an alarm....

One of my favorite episodes ever. Tim 'hit the nail on the head.'

Snakeskin babysitter almost made me crash coming back from lunch; when Andy Daly breaks character, it is especially hilarious for some reason.

I was just thinking the other day: "It's amazing how often people will think about a very specific scenario, and then within a few days a situation arises that directly pertains to that same scenario."

But really, the adds shouldn't be that bothersome. I'm actually glad to hear that Earwolf has some support (even if the adds are creatively lame). Plus, without these companies sponsoring the show I probably would never had heard of Google or Entertainment Weekly.

Reggie's "woah"s after every single impression Tim did were my absolute favorite thing about this episode

• Like 7

Immediately following this episode, I used Pepsi to Google Bing.

• Like 5

Guys, I hate to mention this, but I still haven't been able to take advantage of that amazing deal on Popcorn.com. Every time I try, the server appears to be down due to overwhelming demand...

• Like 8

SHOP TALKERMAN,

AS A DEDICATED FAN OF COMEDY BANG BANG, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BY THE LACK OF RESEARCH DONE BY YOU AND YOUR STAFF. IN A PREVIOUS EPISODE, IT WAS FIRMLY ESTABLISHED THAT DON DIMELO CLEARLY COMMITTED SUICIDE BY JUMPING OUT THE FIRST FLOOR WINDOW OF THE STUDIO* AND YET YOU HAVE THE GALLS TO HAVE HIM MAKE ANOTHER APPEARANCE? WHEN HE IS CLEARLY DEAD? AND NO MENTION OF HIM BEING A ZOMBIE?

IT DEMONSTRATES THE LACK OF PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH I DEMAND AND WANT FROM THIS FREE COMEDY IMPROVISATION SHOW. AND YET SOMEHOW, GOOGLE SPONSORS YOUR SHOW DESPITE SLOPPY RESEARCH? I AM ASHAMED TO HAVE BINGGED IT.

GOOD DAY.

*I presume you have had those windows fixed since a lot of them were broken.

• Like 1

You know how often I wish Scott would do these cut-up interviews? "EVERYDAY"

• Like 10

Sign in to follow this