🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 161 — Highly Illogical

That was funny when Tim pretended he had a sponsorship from tvguide.com . Also, it's funny when all these Earwolf shows pretend they have a sponsorship from Pepsi.

lol an anti pepsi gimmick account?

Oh man! I was hoping Tim would say, "You are an Idiot!" to Scott after the Morrissey interview just like Sarah did after the Elvis Costello interview.

I was thinking the same thing while listening at work with ear phones in. I said that unforgettable line out loud as the interview ended, and was glad nobody was close enough to hear me and mistake me for a rude person

• Like 2

I'm very glad Scott got to interview the legendary Morrissey. When I interviewed him I asked how he was doing, and apparently he was still ill and had to leave.

The first time I heard the pepsi ad it was on improv4humans when Adam McKay was on, and I thought it was him ranting out a fake pepsi ad that they included with no set up or anything. Only upon hearing it again did I realize it was just an ad, and well, unlike the radio, I can fastforward a podcast.

• Like 1

Oh man, Andy Daly is absolutely killing it. One of the best bits of Comedy Bang Bang ever. I laughed so hard.

• Like 2

Oh man! I was hoping Tim would say, "You are an Idiot!" to Scott after the Morrissey interview just like Sarah did after the Elvis Costello interview.

100% exactly what I thought at that moment. And at countless other moments throughout the program, and really throughout my entire CDR-R/CBB listening career. But those needle-drop interviews really bring an element of artistic courage and technological sophistication that you just don't see in comedy these days.

Listening to the ep right now. Thanks so much for picking my catchphrase. Not so much for calling me shred.com.

• Like 2

To be fair, in your profile photo you are kinda shreddin'.

• Like 4

To be fair, in your profile photo you are kinda shreddin'.

I don't know why, but the hardest I've laughed all week was at this comment.

Thanks for using my plugs theme. I'm pumped to be famous for exactly one week. So far I have zero new Twitter followers but I'm sure this is just a clerical error.

SHOP TALKERMAN,

AS A DEDICATED FAN OF COMEDY BANG BANG, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BY THE LACK OF RESEARCH DONE BY YOU AND YOUR STAFF. IN A PREVIOUS EPISODE, IT WAS FIRMLY ESTABLISHED THAT DON DIMELO CLEARLY COMMITTED SUICIDE BY JUMPING OUT THE FIRST FLOOR WINDOW OF THE STUDIO* AND YET YOU HAVE THE GALLS TO HAVE HIM MAKE ANOTHER APPEARANCE? WHEN HE IS CLEARLY DEAD? AND NO MENTION OF HIM BEING A ZOMBIE?

IT DEMONSTRATES THE LACK OF PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH I DEMAND AND WANT FROM THIS FREE COMEDY IMPROVISATION SHOW. AND YET SOMEHOW, GOOGLE SPONSORS YOUR SHOW DESPITE SLOPPY RESEARCH? I AM ASHAMED TO HAVE BINGGED IT.

Do they have lower case letters in Canada?

• Like 1

Morrissey interview was great. I remember I used to hear a lot of these fake interviews with song clips cut in on the Dr. Demento show when I was a kid. They were always so terrible. Part of the problem is that it's so difficult to understand lyrics that have been cut out of context like that. Scott's are still bad, but he knows how to do something so that it's bad in a funny way. Also he keeps them short and simple, and I love how he inserts song clips by completely different people, and himself, at the end just to drive home the absurdity of everything. I would love to see more of these, and if Scott doesn't mind me giving advice: make it as ridiculous as possible.

Morrissey interview was great. I remember I used to hear a lot of these fake interviews with song clips cut in on the Dr. Demento show when I was a kid. They were always so terrible. Part of the problem is that it's so difficult to understand lyrics that have been cut out of context like that. Scott's are still bad, but he knows how to do something so that it's bad in a funny way. Also he keeps them short and simple, and I love how he inserts song clips by completely different people, and himself, at the end just to drive home the absurdity of everything. I would love to see more of these, and if Scott doesn't mind me giving advice: make it as ridiculous as possible.

Only Soft Talkerman would revive the old Dickie Goodman bit.

This episode is what dreams are made of. My dreams specifically.

I would see Ching Chong Matinee. And I would buy a "a little something for daddy" t shirt. Outstanding episode.

Its was already determined that the Cowboy Poet and crew were jumping out of a 1 story window (since earwolf is on the groundfloor) So never fear Sarel with you are your caps lok key stuck in place. They are all still alive.

I love Comedy Bang Bang! Always great guests and always great hosting by Mr. Hot Saucerman. I've been listening for a few years and it's consistently been one of the best podcasts anywhere. I also love that you guys are finally being paid to do this! That's what makes shows like Comedy Bang Bang and Who Charted able to stick around!

The one thing I might recommend is getting some better Pepsi ads. I'm sure they're a great product and they are doing they're best to be funny, but the level of hilarious content the people on Earwolf bring every week is going to be impossible to beat. If a host mentioned "this episode is sponsored by Pepsi!" or something, I'd take it much more seriously than I would an obvious ad.

These are just my opinions and I want to make sure it comes across how much I love Earwolf. You guys are seriously breaking new ground, and making us all howl with laughter while you do! Here comes another donation.

Sign in to follow this