๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
Hey_Jude

The Lake House (2006)

Yes. Yes 1000x yes.

ย 

It makes literally ZERO sense and even when I saw this in theaters at the height of my teenage-dom I was angered by how stupid this movie is.

• Like 3

This films only redeeming factor was that it includes a scene in which Keanu Reeves is hit by a bus.

ย 

Ooooohhhhh, the irony...

• Like 1

Bumping because Quiptracks has released a new rifftrax for this.

ย 

So much garbage in this movie, so much interrupting someone in a letter, so many mush mouthed women.

ย 

Ok, I get she gets all stressed by seeing someone die in front of her and then wanders back to the house she used to live at to remind her of simpler times or whatever...but why does she then go rifle through the mail? For some reason she does, finds the letter expressing some confusion, and writes a stupid letter back...and then leaves. So why does she then come back to that mailbox later? Theres no damn reason, she would just assume that any letter would make it to her, she gave the guy her address, twice, so if he never wrote back she would have just assumed he's not interested in continuing further correspondence with her, and not then said "No! Surely no one would have not sent a letter to me, the postal service clearly just didnt deliver it, I will go and pick it up my own damn self."

ย 

Also, why the hell does she mention the date in the first reply? She says it like such an ass too, "oh btw, its 2006, has been all year, ask anyone." She reads the damn letter out loud (well, her and the ghost of Keanu tag team it), and nowhere in his letter does he mention the date. He says the lake house has been empty for several years, but never mentions the date, what year it is for him, or anything. Its simply there randomly so they could kick off the damn time travel aspect of the movie, but its god damn pointless and wrong.

ย 

Thats the tip of the iceberg for me, anyway. Theres also things like, why didn't she ever look him up? She just sits back and makes him do everything. She could have easily found out he was dead and saved the whole falling out bs that happens. Speaking of, the death of someone right in front of you that you try to help, and then presumably follow up on, the kind of thing that drives you to just get in the car and go somewhere familiar...and his name doesn't fucking sear itself into your mind? Did she just never bother finding out who he was after the crash? This movie is so dumb.

ย 

Also, this happens:

e8FE3QC.gif

• Like 1

Maybe this movie is going on in the same universe as Dark City

• Like 1

10 year anniversary Bump... Also I saw this movie recently and yeah... No bueno ( Saving my anger towards this when and if they do an episode of it on the show )

Fuck why haven't I come to post in this thread yet.

ย 

I consider this to be the worst movie I have ever seen. Ever.

• Like 1

I don't have any recollection of coming to post here just three months ago... But this movie came to mind again so I'm giving it a bump. It needs to be done.

• Like 1

Clearly you haven't posted the reply from 3 months ago yet. 2 years down the road after HDTGM finally do this episode you used the StumbleUpon extension to wind up at an old geocities site with a bunch of animated mailbox gifs, that had a webring link that took you to this thread from Feb 10th, where you thought you havent posted yet and needed to rectify that.

• Like 2

Clearly you haven't posted the reply from 3 months ago yet. 2 years down the road after HDTGM finally do this episode you used the StumbleUpon extension to wind up at an old geocities site with a bunch of animated mailbox gifs, that had a webring link that took you to this thread from Feb 10th, where you thought you havent posted yet and needed to rectify that.

rfFWukr.gif

ย 

(everything you wrote there is better than this movie)

• Like 2

Yes, so glad. Thanks HDTGM for making my bad Netflix choices matter.

ย 

Why on Earth did they ADR every time the year is mentioned (to adjust the storyline from 2004 to 2006).

Reminds me of the terrible "Pizza Hut / Taco Bell" thing in DEMOLITION MAN.

ย 

And as mentioned before, simply makes no sense.

The last twist about the car accident is absolutely mind-boggling.

• Like 1

I have a curious Sandy Bullock Lake House trivia and I'm going to wait until the episode to see if someone else uncovered it as well

ย 

Calling Dibs on that particular piece of trivia

When is this episode set to air?

who knows? they probably put body parts out before it to coincide with the release of Love so Gillian and Claudia could promote it. so, assuming the guest for the Chopping Mall episode doesn't have a show to promote that's out next week, it will probably be the next episode. they chop and change all the time. i'm in no rush to watch it so they could put it off for another while if they want ...

Sign in to follow this