đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Gemmariemcc

Cats for virtual Live Episode

Wow. 

I tried to watch this movie for the virtual live show (it's probably the only live show I'll get to attend) but i noped out of there after the first 10 minutes because everything about it was driving me to anger. If I kept watching, it would drive me to hate this podcast and I DON'T WANT THAT!

It actually hurts my eyes with how jarring the CGI is.

My boyfriend has been asking "what is a jellicle?!?!?" For the entirety of the 10 minutes we watched. I'm afraid we'll never know.

Unless we, y'know, like, google it or something.

• Like 3

Ha. I watched all but the last ten minutes of the movie but ran out of time before the show.

Its one of the wackiest movie I’ve ever seen.

Seriously how did this get made though.

• Like 1

Good for you! I'm very impressed by anyone who could sit through this! I don't know how anyone could have watched the whole thing... sober

Pure eye and ear poison!

I saw the play while I was in high school in the 90s. It has scarred me to this day. There are musicals that I enjoy, but this one and Jesus Christ Superstar make me believe that Andrew Lloyd Weber is the Antichrist.

it was hilarious watching the live stream tonight because all of their complaints about the music/ “plot” of the movie echoed my bewilderment from 30 years ago.

A great HDTGM episode! Some amazing, mind-blowing visual jokes that won’t make it onto the podcast. For those who missed it, you still have until 6 PM Saturday (I think) to watch it and it’s well worth it!

I’m sure this cinematic hairball is directly responsible for nixing any and all chances Idris Elba had to play James Bond.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I’m surprised there aren’t more responses for this ep.

so the lead cat, Jessica? What I saw was someone who was either trying their hardest to keep their penis tucked in or someone who had to take a pee and was crossing their legs just trying to hold it in.

Judy, Judy, Judy how did they get you in this movie.

Oh and there’s nothing like a 15 minute long closeup of Jennifer Hudson dribbling snot out of her nose.

where did that chandelier take her?

5 hours ago, Whotony said:

so the lead cat, Jessica? What I saw was someone who was either trying their hardest to keep their penis tucked in or someone who had to take a pee and was crossing their legs just trying to hold it in.

I think a lot of people didn’t see it/are waiting for the podcast to drop. 

6 hours ago, Whotony said:

I think maybe they're just trying to purge it from their minds. They can no longer comment on message boards because they've pried their eyes out and can't find it.

I could keep going.

• Haha 1

At the end, as the Jellicles watch J-Hud float away and just when I start feeling for the “exit” button on my remote control, the Dench Cat starts up ANOTHER three minute song about cats.  In this one she sings directly to the audience with great sincerity to summarize all we have learned about the world of cats and to impart this final piece of wisdom…

“So first, your memory I'll jog, and say: A CAT IS NOT A DOG.”
All Jellicle’s refrain: “So first, your memory I'll jog, and say: A CAT IS NOT A DOG.”

Yeah, no shit Dame Deuteronomy.  Is this the moral of the story?!?!? Hearing this line (TWICE) almost ended me. This movie is so stupid.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:22 PM, GrahamS. said:

I think a lot of people didn’t see it/are waiting for the podcast to drop. 

Probably. 

But you would think of the over ten thousand people who watched a few might come in here to comment. I guess not. 

There was a lot of talk about what this play/movie is actually about, but per the great theater director Harold Prince, Andrew Lloyd Webber already told him what it was about.

It's about cats.

2 hours ago, CaptainAmazing said:

Suppose I was dumb and forgot that this was happening live. Is there a place that I can still stream it?

It was only available through the next day, even if you paid for it.

But I bet it will be released as a regular podcast episode eventually.

• Thanks 1

Movie was hard to sit though, by a lot.
Thanks to CC - A Jelicle Cat is "A delicate little cat"  stupid, yes, but thats the explanation.
Fantastic episode. 

Hope we get more live streams. Maybe a bit cheaper...? but Im a stickler like that.