🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CarolineEAnd

Episode 123 - Good Girl

We’re remembering all sorts of memories on Totally Laime today! Scott Aukerman of Comedy Bang! Bang! on IFC stops by to share stories of his biggest relationship faux pas and Andy reveals a brand new family secret to Elizabeth. Let Scott set you straight on how to avoid bad dates and learn the meaning behind “Grandpa Pigeons.” Be a good girl and listen. Enjoy!

I've never heard that Bee Gees song before.

Yeah, they had like 10 albums before they became disco superstars. Some of their best songs were either about starting jokes or make stacks of fuck.

So good to get in deep with Scottrick.... hmmmm.... that sounds weird.... LOL

• Like 1

It's so funny that these guys dropped "Steampunk" again as a style people walk around in, like they're super up to date or something.

No-... guys... Steampunk is a word you'd use if you were like... a prop designer on Firefly. Or Back To The Future 3. Or if you were writing a book. It's like an outlandish type of sci-fi where you put something in the 1800's, but give it some amazing machinery. The giant robot spider in Wild Wild West with Will Smith is steampunk, and some stuff in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and the time machine in The Time Machine. That's why it came up last episode when Emily Gordon mentioned Comic-Con, cos it's like a costume thing that exists in comic books and videogames. It's not a thing in real life.

But I kind of hope they don't read the comments to see if it comes up again next week lol

Also that was a funny show.

So used to hearing Scott as a host, but love him as a guest! Also, of you asked someone who was strampunk what steampunk meant, I am sure they would also have a hard time explaining it.

In listening to Comedy Bang Bang since its inception I feel like I know Scott Aukerman: The Host, but it wasn't until this episode that I realized I didn't actually know much about Scott Aukerman: The Man! Was really nice to just have a hang out where he didn't have to drive the show--I feel like I've learned a lot about Scott and a little about myself.

• Like 1

Scott never finishes talking about his fights with Kulap. What happens? Why won't people let him finish? This is like the third time it happens.

Sign in to follow this