🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 103 Preview (gigi-tastic's Pick)

@gigi-tastic had asked me to post her pick for her if she wasn't able to. So...I'll take away the suspense. This week, in honor of it being Halloween month, we will be watching...

Spoiler

518NPRYDKVL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 6

Hell yeah. I was just thinking the other day I need to watch this again sometime.

• Like 4

SO if I watch this do I get one-half credit towards watching Mary Poppins?  They both have Mr. Banks in them.

• Like 3

I found out my favorite Bollywood movie is now available on Amazon Prime.  That's cool to see it in higher quality and with proper subtitles.  I'm not sure the subtitles on the DVD are quite up to snuff.

Honestly, it was the first ever Bollywood movie I saw.  20-some years ago I worked with a bunch of Indians on H-1B visas.  One of them had us all over for lunch and we watched the entire movie.  It will always have sentimental value to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Har-Dil-Jo-Pyar-Karega/dp/B086JZCZ56/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3DLY2EJEZHFXQ

• Like 2

20 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

I'm so excited! Sorry I'm a day late I honestly thought today was Monday. I can't time anymore

47fdc19242fec48166dcf16d4428aa85.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I love technology. I recently watched an 82-year-old movie, The Goldwyn Follies, and it was almost as clear as if it had been filmed yesterday!  Between the 55-inch TV and the HD streaming, it was a pleasure to watch.  (The movie was so-so but oh well.)

EDIT: Yes, it had to have been remastered to be so clear.  I like The Scarlet Pimpernel, made in 1934, and that's muddy as all get out.

IFNRyZt.jpg

A private YouTube video is below.

https://youtu.be/vyM2cwIdfew

• Like 2

I scored an HTDGM bargain today.  Amazon Prime Video had Xanadu for $4.99 for HD streaming.  Vudu wanted $14.99.  Since the movie is in Movies Anywhere I bought it on Amazon and can watch it on Vudu (and others)!

(Xanadu was my introduction to the podcast and is still one of my favorite episodes.)

• Like 2

I haven't watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks yet.  I'll do a Kast showing at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight if anyone wants to watch it with me.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I scored an HTDGM bargain today.  Amazon Prime Video had Xanadu for $4.99 for HD streaming.  Vudu wanted $14.99.  Since the movie is in Movies Anywhere I bought it on Amazon and can watch it on Vudu (and others)!

(Xanadu was my introduction to the podcast and is still one of my favorite episodes.)

Got a similar bargain on Footlight Parade, one of my favorite Busby Berkeley 1930's musicals.  Got it on Amazon for $4.99 and Vudu wanted $9.99.  I saved $15 on two movies!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I haven't watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks yet.  I'll do a Kast showing at 9 p.m. Eastern tonight if anyone wants to watch it with me.

How does Kast work? Is it like Rabbit was?

• Like 1

Just now, gigi-tastic said:

How does Kast work? Is it like Rabbit was?

Yes, Cinco has figured it out! I haven't been able to do much more than test, but it would be nice to get some kind of steady movie watching thing going again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameron H. said:

Yes, Cinco has figured it out! I haven't been able to do much more than test, but it would be nice to get some kind of steady movie watching thing going again.

Awesome! My other HDTGM movie group typically has stuff tonight and I think we're just doing tv show episodes of Goosebumps tonight so I should be able to do some of that and do Bedknobs so this works perfectly provided my med balance stays as it is and I don't get super sleepy and pass out.  I  never thought I would see the day when I eagerly awaited being stabbed in the neck for my migraines yet I'm counting down the days until the first week of November. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

What Kast do I look for?

1 hour ago, gigi-tastic said:

Awesome! My other HDTGM movie group typically has stuff tonight and I think we're just doing tv show episodes of Goosebumps tonight so I should be able to do some of that and do Bedknobs so this works perfectly provided my med balance stays as it is and I don't get super sleepy and pass out.  I  never thought I would see the day when I eagerly awaited being stabbed in the neck for my migraines yet I'm counting down the days until the first week of November. 

Here's the link for my room.  You'll need to set up a login for Kast if you don't have one already.

1 minute ago, gigi-tastic said:

What Kast do I look for?

Just posted the link.

2 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

What Kast do I look for?

If you're "gigitastic" in Kast then I sent a friend request and a room invite.

11 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

What Kast do I look for?

You just need to join the room and then I can start the movie. I'm playing a different one right now to test the connection.

Just now, Cinco DeNio said:

If you're "gigitastic" in Kast then I sent a friend request and a room invite.

I am but it's saying I have no new friends? I should warn you I took my migraine meds so I'm a *bit* slow

3 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

My other HDTGM movie group

are you two-timing us

• Like 2
  • Haha 2