🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PlanBFromOuterSpace

Step Up Revolution (2012)

It's not out yet, but has anyone seen the trailer for this thing? It looks fucking INSANE, like it has to take place in one of these alternate universes where protesting street dancers are taken seriously by corporations and the media, not ours, where they would just be looked at as "those assholes that are holding up traffic". It also appears as though it partially takes place in that same shipping yard that was blown up three times a couple years back by the A-Team, the Losers, and the cast of "Red", and that it was written by someone who has no idea of what registers as a successful internet video nowadays. "Twenty thousand hits in under FIVE HOURS!"? I could post a video of my cat beating up my dad's dog that could do more than that. (Note to self: Remember to film the next time my cat beats up my dad's dog...)

I always preferred my movies to have crazy dancers that tackled more realistic goals, like saving the local orphanage and/or community center. That said, nothing will ever top "Breakin'" or the "Terminator 2"/"Aliens" of urban dance movie sequels, "Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo". I think the genre died altogether by the time "Lambada" rolled around, which featured young people dry-humping as a means of protesting the destruction of the Brazilian rain forests. "Step Up: Revolution" looks like that movie on meth.

Sign in to follow this