🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

can't believe this hasn't been done yet, it just might be the ultimate 'how did this get made?' movie.

juliette lewis and giovanni ribisi play the roles of their lifetimes: retarded star crossed lovers. diane keaton is juliette's stern mother (but will she learn a life lesson signified by an end of movie wardrobe change from all black to bright red?) and tom skerritt is her mustachio'd dad. i watched this movie before discovering this podcast - my girlfriend and i literally could not stop asking each other "how the fuck did this movie get made?!". it's a clear case of collective insanity. truly unbelievable. i'm about to watch tiptoes, and i kind imagine it's sort of a 'tiptoes but for retarded people instead of midgets'.

watch this movie - it defies all reason.

• Like 2

Sounds good. Im going to need to check this out.

Im thinking there might be some bad dialogue, which Im a fan of.

i highly recommend it. tons of bad dialogue, and lewis and ribisi going full retard is awe inspiringly tasteless and amazing.

• Like 1

For some reason, when I saw "The Other Sister", I thought of the movie from a couple years back called "My Sister's Keeper", where Cameron Diaz and her husband have a kid so that they can use it as an organ farm for their older child that has cancer or something. Hmmmm, the two might be a pretty awesome mash-up. For good measure, you could throw in that movie where Rosie O'Donnell plays a retarded woman, and you'd have "Riding The Bus With My Other Sister's Keeper"!

• Like 1

Holy smokes. This one is on my list now.

• Like 1

CONFESSION: I saw this movie when I was in middle school and I'd never seen Juliette Lewis in anything before and really believed she was handicapped.

Then I saw her on an episode of I Love the 80s and my brain exploded.

• Like 5

MV5BMTc3MDQ5Nzg4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg1NTMyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

THIS MOVIE HAS TO BE DONE ON THE PODCAST!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!? THE FACT THAT JASON HASN'T HAD A CHANCE TO COMMENT ON THIS FILM IS BANANAS!!! DO THIS ONE PLEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!! TWO NORMIES HORRENDOUSLY PROTRAYING MENTALLY CHALLENGED YOUNG ADULTS... IT'S CHAOS!

imdb synopsis: A mentally retarded girl proves herself to be every bit as capable as her "perfect" sister when she moves into an apartment and begins going to college.

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Sounds good. Im going to need to check this out.

Im thinking there might be some bad dialogue, which Im a fan of.

You have no idea... This film's dialogue, is "Tiptoes" bad.

can't believe this hasn't been done yet, it just might be the ultimate 'how did this get made?' movie.

juliette lewis and giovanni ribisi play the roles of their lifetimes: retarded star crossed lovers. diane keaton is juliette's stern mother (but will she learn a life lesson signified by an end of movie wardrobe change from all black to bright red?) and tom skerritt is her mustachio'd dad. i watched this movie before discovering this podcast - my girlfriend and i literally could not stop asking each other "how the fuck did this movie get made?!". it's a clear case of collective insanity. truly unbelievable. i'm about to watch tiptoes, and i kind imagine it's sort of a 'tiptoes but for retarded people instead of midgets'.

watch this movie - it defies all reason.

when HDTGM first started, and announced the email for fans to submit to, i sent this movie in as a suggestion. It's always been my WTF movie. So when i heard about the forums on the mini-ep today, I was elated, and had to get it up on here. I'm just glad i'm not alone.

This movie is fucking BONKERS! When they go to the dance dressed as a swan and dog.... I almost lost my mind the first time I saw it.

Ive forever attached this movie to a shitty ex gf.

All the more reason, am I right?

• Like 1

One of the things that creeps me out about this movie is that both of the handicapped characters are played by Scientologists. To me, that's like hiring Mel Gibson to play a champion for civil rights.

• Like 5

Ive forever attached this movie to a shitty ex gf.

All the more reason, am I right?

Time to exorcise the demons, bro.

• Like 2

One of the things that creeps me out about this movie is that both of the handicapped characters are played by Scientologists. To me, that's like hiring Mel Gibson to play a champion for civil rights.

Best comment ever

• Like 1

Let's get a Kickstarter going to get Mel Gibson to play, I dunno, Thurgood Marshall just so we can have such a movie to discuss on an episode of this podcast.

I am so terrible at photoshop, I was trying to get Gibson's face over Brody's on the cover of the Pianist, but Brody's face is faded on it and I can't make it look right

• Like 1

I WILL NEVER STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR THE OTHER SISTER!!! HOW DID EITHER OF THOSE TWO THINK IT'D BE A GOOD IDEA TO PORTRAY TO MENTALLY CHALLENGED PEOPLE, LET ALONE HAVE THEM FUCK, AND IT BE SO ACCEPTED AS A SERIOUS FILM!?!?!? i need facts and answers from Paul's fact checking, and i need opinions from the Zuk's and Ms. Raphael... please????

• Like 1

Just wanted to bump this POS. It's on netflix and my roommate made me watch it today. There are no words.

• Like 1

Just want to share a story I heard from Hadrian Belove, curator of the Cinefamily Theatre in L.A. He got to speak with Giovanni Ribisi regarding this very role. His recollection of Garry Marshall's two directions are as follows:

"Remember, you're playing a mentally handicapped young man," and, "Not so retarded!"

(I find it extra hilarious when I imagine PFT as Garry Marshall saying it.)

• Like 3

Saw this for a high school science class. Didn't Oliver Sacks write the book or short story?

Saw this for a high school science class. Didn't Oliver Sacks write the book or short story?

It appears to be an original story. The only movie I know of with a story based on Sacks' work is "Awakenings," which isn't HDGTM-worthy.

I find it extra hilarious when I imagine PFT as Garry Marshall saying it.

Oh boy, if only the earwolf Gods could book PFT in character as Garry Marshall to be the guest for this one. And get Gillian Jacobs on there for good measure.

• Like 2

This movie was made solely based on the feeling everyone was going to get Oscar nominations for their parts. Unfortunately the main characters went full tard and the story was batshit insane.

This movie was made solely based on the feeling everyone was going to get Oscar nominations for their parts. Unfortunately the main characters went full tard and the story was batshit insane.

What makes it even more ridiculous was that neither actor was poised to make that next step, like playing handicapped was going to be that last push that they needed to get to the upper echelon or something. On top of being terrible, you're left wondering WHY these two actors?

Sign in to follow this