🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 162 — Best Bro Hang

I was not a fan of Adam in no way trying to stay in character, and his complete unwillingness to play WYR, and I didn't think the show was any better for it. But it was still really entertaining ...

I'm with you, I kinda wished he committed to Bro a little more than he did. But I enjoyed the subversion of WYR and the well-timed repetition of "yeah I'll take the VHS hands".

My main problem with it was probably just me being ignorant, but I had an incredibly tough time telling Bro and Andy apart--when they started getting into it, it was genuinely like the same person was talking.

... then you'll just LOVE Sklarboro Country! :unsure: But yes, I agree there was some vocal similarity happening. That's something I notice on a lot of podcasts I listen to.

Very funny ep, but also a bit of a train wreck. If Samberg wasn't promoting a movie, I wonder if Scott would have sat on the episode for a while and recorded an intro explaining what went wrong like he did for the Ed Helms and Will Forte episodes.

BTW, it you listen back, there's a point where Andy starts making fun of how Adam acted during the press junket for Happy Endings while Adam is still in character. This seems to be the point when Adam starts to abandon the character.

Great damn episode! A lot of big moments of laughing out loud...from joy! I have nothing but good things to say about this trio of bros.

• Like 2

Very funny ep, but also a bit of a train wreck. If Samberg wasn't promoting a movie, I wonder if Scott would have sat on the episode for a while and recorded an intro explaining what went wrong like he did for the Ed Helms and Will Forte episodes.

BTW, it you listen back, there's a point where Andy starts making fun of how Adam acted during the press junket for Happy Endings while Adam is still in character. This seems to be the point when Adam starts to abandon the character.

This definitely felt like the Forte episode in that something was just off. Not bad, but off. It started off fun and it was still entertaining but the energy was just...weird. It hit a point where Adam started seeming genuinely douchey, bashing on Sandler when Andy's promoting his Sandler movie, and bashing on the very show he writes on. Even though I found the episode over all funny, it also made me like Palley a little less (especially after his Christmas appearance, which amounted to "I'm so hung over! Being drunk is funny, right?"). That's the first time this has happened for me. In fact typically Bang Bang makes me like comedians I normally would never listen to (like Nick Swarsdon). Not saying I now find Palley to be a putrid pile of garbage or something after this appearance; just that I found him a bit "meh."

Y'all be trippin. This episode crackled, serious chemistry between these three guys together. I wish there were some sort of circumstance where they could all three do a podcast together, because they were all really good at making fun of each other, going in and out of bits, and havin' an all around lovable bromance (though it was obvious scott was trying ever so slightly to impress andy)

I think the only reason Adam went out of character is because he started to become very engaged in the conversation as Adam, not as Bro. Pally is a serious asset as the guy who good naturedly tries to destroy CBB conventions from the inside (he did about the same during the Christmas episode).

If it werent for last week I'd call this one best of 2012 so far

• Like 6

And, to be fare to Pally breaking out of character, Samberg did frequently sell him out (addressing Happy Endings, PayPally, etc.) sorry im bein' such a nerd but I already listened to this episode twice I loved it so much

• Like 5

Man, I loved this episode. Loved the weirdness, loved the spiraling out of control. I also really loved them listening to the Hollywood Facts theme. I wonder if Bro knows Scott and PFT used Bro's catchphrase endlessly.

Y'all be trippin. This episode crackled, serious chemistry between these three guys together. I wish there were some sort of circumstance where they could all three do a podcast together, because they were all really good at making fun of each other, going in and out of bits, and havin' an all around lovable bromance (though it was obvious scott was trying ever so slightly to impress andy)

I think the only reason Adam went out of character is because he started to become very engaged in the conversation as Adam, not as Bro. Pally is a serious asset as the guy who good naturedly tries to destroy CBB conventions from the inside (he did about the same during the Christmas episode).

If it werent for last week I'd call this one best of 2012 so far

Yep I agree. The chemistry was great, and it was obviously planned, as Adam/Bro let's us know about the txt mesage. Unlike the shows that got a "warning" intro.

I'm glad I read the comments first. I braced for an unlistenably tense episode. NOPE. This is another classic. Unfortunately, I have liver cancer (that's a big deal).

Sure, it fell apart pretty early, but it's obvious that it's because Andy Samberg and Adam Pally are such good bros, they can take jabs at each other's careers with no hard feelings.

I dunno, I thought it was hilarious and insightful. The Woody Allen bit killed me

I would pay good(ish) money for the Hollywood Facts theme song as a ringtone.

SO happy to hear these three bros broin' out again. The Andy Samberg Special is one of my all-time favorite episodes. Pally drifting in and out of character was delightful, as was Andy's generous laughter throughout.

I don't understand people saying the vibe is weird on this episode. It's Comedy Bang Bang (The Podcast) - it's ALWAYS weird. In a good way.

I would pay good(ish) money for the Hollywood Facts theme song as a ringtone.

SO happy to hear these three bros broin' out again. The Andy Samberg Special is one of my all-time favorite episodes. Pally drifting in and out of character was delightful, as was Andy's generous laughter throughout.

I don't understand people saying the vibe is weird on this episode. It's Comedy Bang Bang (The Podcast) - it's ALWAYS weird. In a good way.

Yeah, it's like they have never heard the podcast before. Except they are clearly coming from people who listen regularly.

I disagree with people getting angry with Adam for breaking character or coming off as douchey. I thought Scott and Andy were being a bit stiff and shutting down his jokes unnecessarily (because god forbid anybody ever make a joke about somebody in comedy, especially Adam Sandler, who's made legitimately terrible films).

This was one of my favorite episodes of 2012. Pally is always great.

Hmm... It was a little off. Seemed like Andy was taking a few light-hearted jabs at Adam (or maybe they were genuine since he used to work with Casey Wilson on SNL and are probably friends) and Adam fought back a little too hard. Scott seemed genuinely annoyed with his Little Nicky comment and told him straight up its cowardly to bash someone and act like it was the voice of the character they were playing.

On the other hand the show seemed to be VERY focused on Andy and his career throughout the entire thing. Most episodes when the character comes in that means they stop talking about the guest and start riffing with the character. In this one they went back to keep plugging That's My Boy, talked about him leaving SNL, talked about the MTV movie awards when Andy hosted and didn't give Adam anything to work with or even an opening to interject. I could see why he would be annoyed, if he was.

Bah, I loved it. It was a great change of pace from the other character-heavy episodes and is a nice compliment to the CBB catalogue.

I always find it hilarious when people break character and I think this was the funniest since it slowly just fell apart. Also, can I purchase CBB the Tv Show in Canada? It's not on iTunes :(

• Like 1

So, are we not going to talk about the fact that "That's My Boy" uses child rape as a premise for comedy?

Calm down Fox News.

• Like 3

Adam Pally's "it's not great" was one of the most authentic moments I've heard on this show. Scott and Andy seemed genuinely surprised at his comments, and it immediately moved Pally into my list of favorite guests. It was a weird episode, but all of the best episodes are.

• Like 5

Am I the only one who could listen to Scott say, "baby beard" all day long?

If you really consider it, that would be a great half to a "would you rather" scenario.