🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 250.5 — Minisode 250.5

How do you know if you’re in love, a Geostorm in the worst place, and more on this week’s mini episode! Paul offers up advice on the Help Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Under the Cherry Moon, and catches up with Jason in another Quar Chat. Plus, we announce our next movie!

Listen to the Transformers For Charity episode over at https://www.hdtgminfo.com/

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/
Check out The Jane Club over at www.janeclub.com
Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade
Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:
@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter
@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter
Jason is Not on Twitter

I'm glad to hear Jason talk about quarantine because I get the feeling lately that I've been kind of extra about it. I haven't been in complete isolation but I've certainly been far more isolated than anyone I know. I feel like so many people are over this pandemic and just doing whatever they want now. 

9 minutes ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Can you edit the topic title, @Cameron H.? Got a stray 6 there that should be a 5. I hate when that happens!

Got it! Thanks 😊 

• Like 1

Haha, congrats on your win Cameron, well deserved.

Man, great opening theme this week.

And that Geostorm story is amazing. Thank you for your service.

Breakin' 2! Wow.

• Like 1

I often wonder how irreparably the pandemic has changed everything. I can’t even imagine going outside without a mask on. I try to imagine how I will feel the first day they say it’s safe. I think I’ll feel naked.

I have also dealt with a lot of social awkwardness. One day, I stepped outside to get the mail and I had a new neighbor across the street doing his lawn. In the before times, I’d go over there, shake their hand, and introduce myself. Instead, we waved at each other, said hello, and just stood there staring at each other. You could see there was a moment of “What do we do in this situation?” passing between us.

Anyway, I’ll do better next time. It was just a weird instance of not being adapted to every situation in this new normal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I often wonder how irreparably the pandemic has changed everything. I can’t even imagine going outside without a mask on. I try to imagine how I will feel the first day they say it’s safe. I think I’ll feel naked.

I have also dealt with a lot of social awkwardness. One day, I stepped outside to get the mail and I had a new neighbor across the street doing his lawn. In the before times, I’d go over there, shake their hand, and introduce myself. Instead, we waved at each other, said hello, and just stood there staring at each other. You could see there was a moment of “What do we do in this situation?” passing between us.

Anyway, I’ll do better next time. It was just a weird instance of not being adapted to every situation in this new normal.

Just pretend you live in Maine now. That's what it is always like.

• Like 1

Great talk with Jason about the long tail of Covid. Eternally grateful to be living where I am but deeply sad for my American friends (which frankly I have been for decades, but especially now). I highly recommend Andy Slavitt's podcast In The Bubble, he has medical experts on regularly to assess the current state of the pandemic and the US response.

• Like 1

I’m glad the Live Streaming show went so well, and they’re thinking of doing more. I think making it available for 48hrs is a fantastic idea.

2 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Great talk with Jason about the long tail of Covid. Eternally grateful to be living where I am but deeply sad for my American friends (which frankly I have been for decades, but especially now). I highly recommend Andy Slavitt's podcast In The Bubble, he has medical experts on regularly to assess the current state of the pandemic and the US response.

Is the entire podcast just screaming whenever they discuss the US response?

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I’m glad the Live Streaming show went so well, and they’re thinking of doing more. I think making it available for 48hrs is a fantastic idea.

I wish I had watched it. I watched Cats on kast with Cinco then just didn't do it the day of. I forgot they had a day of show price hike and decided not to since I didn't buy in advance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I wish I had watched it. I watched Cats on kast with Cinco then just didn't do it the day of. I forgot they had a day of show price hike and decided not to since I didn't buy in advance.

Yeah, I missed it as well. I just couldn't make the time. Like Jason said, most of my media consumption is done in chunks. If they expand that window it would work so much better,