🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 38 — Bad Ass

Action star Danny Trejo is the only guy Bad Ass enough to kick butt while wearing a fanny pack, and this week we chat with him about his career, claw stunts, and which actors he thinks are dangerous. Check out Danny's new film Bad Ass on DVD or Blu-ray. Listen through the end of today's episode to find out next week's movie, suggest your bad summer movies for the show, and join HDTGM's Summer Movie League for a chance to win an awesome prize!

Eddie Bunker was also Mr Blue in Reservoir Dogs. Awesome episode, can't wait until next week. I'm so glad you picked Godzilla. I seem to remember characters who looked like Siskel and Ebert in it. Am I crazy?

We dont want to admit it but the fanny pack is very convenient its time to evolve people the fanny packs the future and trejos bringing it back! haha great ep

Finding out that he is very good at the stuffed animal claw machine made my day.

Danny's an interesting, sweet guy. I really enjoyed this interview!

Is Danny Trejo intemidated by John Cussack and George Clooney??

i agree with most of the comments so far...could have listened to another hour of Danny telling stories. Nice job. Also, I have to agree with your choice of Godzilla for next week. I was so excited that Hollywood was gonna do Godzilla. I figured that they would do it "right". Of course, I could not have been more wrong...terrible movie!! looking forward to next week.

Trejo blew my mind. I came away from this with so much respect for him as an actor and a person. What an awesome dude.

The beginning of this mini episode stated that it was based on epic beard man and it was stated that "an old bearded man kicks the shit out of some punk". This is only partly true.

At the beginning of the video, we can see Epic Beard Man (EBM) asking the other man "how much would you charge me for a spit shine?". The rest of the conversation revolves around the man telling EBM that he made a racist comment, and EBM behaving kinda racistly, even using the word Chinaman. If you watch the video without the preconvieced notion that EBM is the hero, you can see that he is clearly the aggressor.

Also, when EBM says that he's 67, the other man (the victim) says that he's 50. He's clearly not the young punk that the internet remembers him as. Also EBM is taller and looks to outweigh the other guy by quite a bit. Not quite the underdog victory.

The other guy/victim probably shouldn't have gone to the front of the bus to confront EBM again, but I can't say I blame him. I'd be mad about all that shoe shining talk myself.

Anyhow, the video isn't of some repressed underdog being picked on that stood up for himself and kicked the shit out of some punk to earn the title of Epic Beard Man. The video is of some guy trying to stand up to racist behavior, then getting beaten by an old racist man, and is then labeled a punk while the guilty party looks like a hero. Tsk, tsk, internet.

Just a little clarification. It's not much, but it just feels unjust to me.

Shark Jumped..

I'm Out.

You're a terrible troll, nobody even bit on that

• Like 1

Who plays Amber Lamps in Bad Ass?

Joyful Drake

MV5BODY0Njk4MTgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM1MzQ4Nw@@._V1._SY314_CR25,0,214,314_.jpg

Can I just say I appreciate you guys having Danny on this type of HDTGM and not the regular show. It's a cool bonus to have such a great treasure to listen to like Danny, but then also get our regular rhythm of the full episode next. Thanks for always being considerate of the fans.

Shark Jumped..

I'm Out.

I agree. The best episodes are the ones of legitimately bad movies. I didn't really like the Crank movies where the guys just fellated the director. Now, they are basically just promoting a new movie. Ah well, i guess when you work in Hollywood, you can't just make fun of bad movies without fear of getting blacklisted.

I agree. The best episodes are the ones of legitimately bad movies. I didn't really like the Crank movies where the guys just fellated the director. Now, they are basically just promoting a new movie. Ah well, i guess when you work in Hollywood, you can't just make fun of bad movies without fear of getting blacklisted.

You guys take care, sign the guestbook on your way out.

• Like 4

It's a mini-episode. Normally those are really short and just announce the next movie and provide a little background. If you're bothered by that, just skip it and wait until next week for the Godzilla episode.

Personally, I like the extra content in the mini-episode. It was a really solid interview.

• Like 1

Wait, people are actually complaining about an interview with Danny Trejo? What kind of upside-down, bizarro world did I wake up in today?

• Like 11

Why do all the trolls live under this podcast's bridge?

Trejo is a badass in real life and that's all that matters.

"just a little clarification"

^

passive agressive swipe #1.

I guess this is feeding the trolls, but....

It's called How Did This get Made, not "This is a Bad Movie." The movies mentioned in the podcast can be movies they enjoyed, but have some sort of out there element. And as three working actors in Hollywood, they have great connections and utilizing that to bring in great interviews is a plus.

I also like that these interviewers are on the "mini-sodes"- only having three minutes of HDTGM on the off weeks is depressing! Plus, it saves all the discussion of the movie for the main episode, and Jason needs the whole hour to get out his anger.

I am wondering if there will be a Piranha 3DD episode, or if covering movies they are in are off-limits...

• Like 1

Dear Mr. Trejo,

Please write a book about your life & career. Then record the audio book yourself. The world needs this.

Great interview.

• Like 2

The fact that people are complaining about an amazing interview with a great actor during what's usually a five-minute long Minisode is disgusting and ridiculous.