🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 38 — Bad Ass

The fact that people are complaining about an amazing interview with a great actor during what's usually a five-minute long Minisode is disgusting and ridiculous.

Agreed, but come on, it was only two people. Who cares?

Agreed, but come on, it was only two people. Who cares?

Thank you. This is the one thing that rattles my cage around here.

One person will complain, maybe a second and then everyone put on their "someone is wrong on the internet!" hats and the entire thread is people complaining about the complainers.

Then I get to break up fights!

...It makes me crazy you guys. So crazy.

• Like 1

sorry Shannon.

More interviews = better. (especially if it will be people like Danny Trejo)

When in Rome.

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say.

This interview was great. I'll take my Danny Trejo in any way I can. Even when he's in awful movies, his presence is always a delight. He can be menacing or funny in pretty much anything, but I think the way he looks kind of blinds people to the fact that he's actually a talented performer.

Anyway, about Godzilla, I'll just point out something that infuriated me even as a 14 year old seeing this movie in theaters: the monster is CONSTANTLY getting lost by expert, hi-tech-wielding military personnel, and even when they find Godzilla, they manage to MISS him (with BULLETS) more often than they hit him. Also, what is the point of Mayor Ebert? I mean, he looks like Roger Ebert... but he bears no behavioral similarities to the film critic. He's just loud, likes candy, and is pretty jewy. Does the real Ebert obsess over candy or something?

Final thing: How many nerdy-but-very-handsome scientists have appeared in Roland Emmerich movies? Bonus if they have a non-black or non-Latino, but still ethnic, background. There's Matthew Broderick's Greek Dr. Tatopolous or Jeff Goldblum and his Jewish-stereotype-parade dad in 'Independence Day.' Roland Emmerich: anti-Semite?

I loved this interview with Danny. It is awesome to hear that a dude so intimidating on the screen is really a big ol' Teddy Bear who loves the craft and loves helping others. Danny, we love you.

Up next, HDTGM ... interview this guy:

IMG_0858.jpg

The guy on the left, not the one on the right. Although, if you want to interview me (the one on the right), I'll have my people call your people.

Been watching Trejo films since I was a kid, his entrance in Desperado is one of the best in modern cinema by my opinion. Its cool he got lead role and also featured in the Call of the Dead DLC . Speaking of which is effing hard, I wish I was better at it so I could move the story along. thanks for providing the interview. peace

The beginning of this mini episode stated that it was based on epic beard man and it was stated that "an old bearded man kicks the shit out of some punk". This is only partly true.

At the beginning of the video, we can see Epic Beard Man (EBM) asking the other man "how much would you charge me for a spit shine?". The rest of the conversation revolves around the man telling EBM that he made a racist comment, and EBM behaving kinda racistly, even using the word Chinaman. If you watch the video without the preconvieced notion that EBM is the hero, you can see that he is clearly the aggressor.

Also, when EBM says that he's 67, the other man (the victim) says that he's 50. He's clearly not the young punk that the internet remembers him as. Also EBM is taller and looks to outweigh the other guy by quite a bit. Not quite the underdog victory.

The other guy/victim probably shouldn't have gone to the front of the bus to confront EBM again, but I can't say I blame him. I'd be mad about all that shoe shining talk myself.

Anyhow, the video isn't of some repressed underdog being picked on that stood up for himself and kicked the shit out of some punk to earn the title of Epic Beard Man. The video is of some guy trying to stand up to racist behavior, then getting beaten by an old racist man, and is then labeled a punk while the guilty party looks like a hero. Tsk, tsk, internet.

Just a little clarification. It's not much, but it just feels unjust to me.

Is that how you interpreted the Epic Beard Man video?

I just watched it again and it's pretty clear (to me at least) that EBM was under the assumption that the guy actually shined shoes due to some sort of miscommunication. Listen to what he says, listen to his tone, and look at his face, he's clearly surprised and confused that the guy is angry at him. The other guy gets mad, threatens him, EBM moves to other side end of the bus to avoid the conflict. They exchange words and threats from across the bus, and then the guy gets up and goes over to EBM and swings on him. EBM retaliated. Whether you interpret him as racist or not he definitely wasn't the agressor in the situation, the other guy began the threats and the other guy threw the first punch. It was the other guy that escalated it into a fight, not EBM.

It's called How Did This get Made, not "This is a Bad Movie."

But there are episodes where Paul introduces the show with, "Welcome to How Did This Get Made?, the bad movie podcast."

Bad Ass sucks. Its kinda funny in parts. Fun to see old man beating up punks, but overall, its just not a very good movie. And the "romance" with the neighbor girl is just gross and unnecessary.

Danny Trejo is cool, but he's probably only been in 3-4 decent movies--thanks to Robert Rodriguez.

So, how did this get made? Because people like Danny Trejo.