🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 31 — Cyborgs

If your wheelchair doubles as a bed and toilet, does that make you a cyborg? What if you're just a head on a box? Guests Gil Ozeri, Adam Pally, and John Gemberling debate human vs. cyborg with improv4humans fan Neclord. This episode's also full of oak tag, dry lattes, and phantom penis. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Dragoon.

I think that the name for the new "commenter's spotlight" section of the show should definitely be changed to the "Matt-Besser-rakes-a-listener-over-the-coals corner."

Watch out, catchment dude. You may be next.

I do feel kinda bad for this Neckbeard fellow, but this is incredible. This show is on a hell of a run.

I wish besser would rake MY coals if you know what I mean...haha really great ep!

A little more than a minute into the show, and I'm already laughing so hard I had to stop it to compose myself. The music drop then, "Why can't Jews cook?!" was SPEC-TAC-ULAR.

• Like 1

I've been a little down lately, but this episode immedietly picked me up. The thought of Stephen Hawkingjerking off will forever make me chuckle.

@Lukas: Me too. I was clutching my desk at work, crying with laughter, vainly trying to pull myself together.

• Like 1

I can't believe they didn't mercy kill Pike. One beep I hold this space pillow over your face, two beeps I wont.

• Like 1

I want to recommend anyone to take Matt up on the offer if he invites you on. It is really a lot of fun, and the coals aren't that hot.

• Like 7

Neither I nor anyone here enjoyed the "Commenter's Corner" segment. It should probably be discontinued immediately, no need to try it twice.

• Like 4

Marvin Harris posited that the reason for the pork taboo had more to do with how shitty it would be to herd pigs through the desert. Unlike, say, goats, pigs basically just eat the same things humans do, so they'd be taking away some of the people's own food supply instead of just grazing. Also, goats provide wool, milk, and blood all throughout their lives, whereas pigs only provide meat. Well, I guess pigs have milk, but I've never tasted any and I assume there's a good reason for that. The thing about food poisoning doesn't make that much sense because the other meats they ate apparently had just as high (if not higher) rates of food poisoning.

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised nobody pointed out that Tammy was a gynoid and not an android. But only a little.

Really fun episode, y'all.

This fucking show blows my mind.

We obviously enjoyed this episode and the only thing better was that besser and crew were laughing as hard as I was. (especially Gil)

• Like 1

The idea that Kosher food laws exist because of concerns about disease/parasites/food poisoning/what-have-you is what my old religious studies professor referred to as "the myth of primitive hygiene."

Sometimes God's laws are just God's laws, no explanation needed.

See but I'd always thought there was supposed to be a logical explanation to all of God's laws, it might not necessarily be to do with hygiene, but usually the reason for the laws was that it was that it would be the best way to live your life and you'd be happier if you did.

At least that's what my christian upbringing taught.

I really wanted to know how Hawking was masturbating. Was it some sort of robotically articulated fleshlight? A masturbation valet? Or just sheer force of will? I found the answer to my question after a quick perusal of the literature pertaining to the subject.http://wiki.answers....king_masturbate

I loved how it seemed in the last sketch the opening line was intended to be a bad hairstylist (like in the previous convo) and then he was suddenly a cab driver and everything went nuts.

I love this show, I love getting these little improv insights, just so much love.

Well, there certainly could be something to God's Laws just being weird and arbitrary. Harris's explanation of pork taboos doesn't really explain all the other weird food taboos in the Old Testament. The only explanation I've heard had something to do with animals looking like monsters or something (shellfish), or animals that have cloven hooves but don't chew cud or vice versa... Which is kind of arbitrary and doesn't make sense, but humans are often arbitrary and don't make sense, so I could buy it.