🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 39 — Godzilla

I am a HUGE Godzilla nerd and was really excited to see this movie. There was some controversy over the design of the monster as an image of what it looked like leaked early. And everybody hated it but then the movie company tried to do some damage control saying that wasn't what it looked like, they released fake images to see what companies where going to leak it, then they'd pull the merch license from that company. Well, then the movie came out and the creature looked exactly like the leaked image everybody hated.

The one scene where Godzilla uses his atomic breath was a late add in scene since the Godzilla fanboys where having fits that it was being reported that she/he never used it in the movie.

And I went to this movie opening weekend with my Japanese mother in law, who turned to me at the end of the movie and said "That was NOT Godzilla".

They were editing themselves out. (They weren't supposed to be there). How could you miss that?

Godzilla (1998) is more a remake of The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, which inspired the original Gojira, than it is a Godzilla movie.

I should have commented 3 years ago, back when people were still discussing this episode, but here goes: L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg, on his website Brunching Shuttlecocks, once invited his readers to list every plot hole, logical flaw, and continuity error they could think of in Godzilla. Here's what they came up with.