🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 39.5 — Minisode 39.5

Our next How Did This Get Made? choice has everything we love in a movie: Bad sci-fi, even worse action, and the stellar acting combo of Sylvester Stallone and Rob Schneider. It's the kind of movie that is on Youtube and nobody is bothering to take it off. Watch it, and join us next week!

This is one I totally forgot about. I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about this cheesy turd. When I read the description I thought maybe it was Demolition Man which, bear in mind, is also bat-shit insane.

If you want to do a movie to acknowledge your Aussie fans, look no further

I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer (2008)

A cricket team are dismissed by a moustachioed serial killer with a razor sharp cricket glove and an arsenal of sharpened stumps. One by one the killer exacts revenge for the torment he endured 20 years earlier.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910904/

I'm surprised it's taken this long to get to Sylvester Stallone. They're just scratching the surface (Rhinestone, Over the Top, Oscar, Stop or My Mom Will Shoot).

I'll admit that I have both Judge Dredd and Demolition Man in my DVD collection since they are guilty pleasures of mine. I loved the Dredd comics and this movie does aggravate me for how loyal it is to the books in some points while unloyal for the rest of the movie, especially with Dredd's helmet. Can't wait to hear how this gets dissected next week.

This movie looks cool!

Too bad the remake is a ripoff of The Raid: Redemption.

• Like 1

The remake was flimed too late to be a rip-off of The Raid. The trailer was cut to look like a rip-off of The Raid to distract you from the fact that it is a rip-off of the Nolan Batman franchise.

Dredd and Demolition man make a nicely fucked-up doulbe feature.

• Like 1

Saw this in Mexico City when it came out. Movies were only 1-2 USD and I saw 3 - 4 a week and never walked out of anything. After this one was over and I was trying to digest what the crap it was "really" about, I came across the fasting protest of a uniformed police officer. He had gone up into a tree to hang himself and others were trying to get him down. If I remember correctly, he was protesting police corruption and having to come up with a minimum amount of bribes to kick upstairs at the precinct...Unfortunately, I don't have my journal with me detailing the post-modern rupture between the Dredd movie and the cold hard reality...fueled by Mexican sativa, no doubt...Looking forward to watching it again actually.

I love it when a movie's cast combines award-winning or otherwise excellent actors like Diane Lane, Max Von Sydow, and Jürgen Prochnow with motherflippin' Rob Schneider... in a Sylvester Stallone movie. A sure sign of trash if there ever was one.

Also, since this movie opens with images of the physical comic book, I expect it will be a respectable, faithful adaptation of the source material, right guys? On the same level as, say, David Lean's 1946 version of 'Great Expectations.' ...right?

• Like 1

The central premise is that the judicial system has been replaced by one-man jury/judge/executioner enforcers... yet the plot kicks off with Sly being arrested and given a trial. Arrrg

YES YES YES. I WILL TRAVEL THRU THE CURSED EARTH AND FIGHT CANNIBLES TO WATCH THIS MOVIE OVER AND OVER AGAIN. CNT WAIT TO HEAR IT

Based on some preliminary CTRL + F'ing of the script....If you do a shot everytime they say "law", you will go through 1.5 fifths of liquor.

lookit what was only on VHS at le video store...

amcu4h.jpg

Hopefully, the producers of the new Dredd will correct the injustice of the original film by remembering to include the Anthrax classic "I Am The Law" somehow. Those guys were the masters of adapting comics and Stephen King novels into song. Want to read "The Stand", but you think 1000 pages is too much? Give "Among the Living" a spin! You don't want to read "Misery", and your eyeballs start bleeding if you look at Kathy Bates for too long? Anthrax thought of that too! It's too bad that none of the band members got into acting, or they could have been like the Will Smith of metal. Now THERE was a guy that could sum up a film with three minutes and a stolen hook!

lookit what was only on VHS at le video store...

amcu4h.jpg

It's pretty funny how Dredd was never unmasked until that movie came out, and then all the post-release marketing (home video packaging, etc.) just eliminated the mask completely. The co-creator of Judge Dredd, the guy that designed the look of the character, actually drew the comic adaptation of the movie himself, and I imagine that it had to be pretty uncomfortable.

I hate to be this person, but I can't help make a correction. Paul, you mentioned your crush on Alyssa Milano in She's out of Control, but I hate to tell you she wasn't in that movie, it was Ami Dolenz (yes, daughter of Mickey). I only know this because I watched this movie about 300 times since its release and have memorized every outfit. It also stars Matthew Perry as a rapey college guy and Wallace Shawn (RIP). Carry on!