🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JacobCrites

The First Annual HDTGM Awards

So Paul mentioned he'd love to do this (paraphrasing) on today's minisode, but he wants us fans to make the categories. Let's get thinking, shall we?

Obviously we need a "Worst Movie" one, and Worst Actor, Actress, etc. That goes without saying. Here's some other ideas:

Literally the Worst Sports Scene (this one was mentioned on the podcast)

Literally the Worst Use of CGI (I nominate "Godzilla" and "The Creepy Joker Smiles in Old Dogs)

Literally the Most Insane Screenplay (good-insane)

Literally the Most Convoluted Screenplay (bad-insane. Read: Pluto Nash).

You get it. They say "literally" a lot. Anyway...

Best Scene in a Bad Movie (A scene in a terrible movie that's actually well-executed, like the explosion in Absuction)

Most Insane Bathroom Scene (Think about it. There's a lot. Leprechaun in the Hood, Old Dogs, All About Steve...I could go on)

Anyway, any other ideas?

Most misogynistic depection of women.

• Like 1

Most Mis-Cast Actor (for instance, Gary Oldman in Tiptoes)

Biggest WTF? moment

Biggest Plot Hole (Speed 2 seemed to have a ton of them)

Worst Superhero movie (Catwoman, Green Lantern)

Worst Slumming Actor - Worst case of a great actor taking a shitty role in a shitty movie for $$, vanity, etc.

Literally the most awkward sex scene (Burkesque anyone?)

Best of the worst (best performer in a terrible movie)

Thanks to Birdemic, Mac 'N Me, Cool as Ice, Leprechaun In the Hood, and the Crank films, I think "Best Musical Number" or "Best Use of Music" is a must.

Best Mega-Acting Freakout

Biggest (unofficial, theoretical) Body Count

Worst Costumes

Craziest Line in a Movie

I've been maintaining the Literally Database with timestamps for every L-bomb the hosts have ever dropped; my plan for the end of the year was to plop an updated graph with supplemental categories like:

Most On The Wagon (i.e. biggest % decrease in L-bombs since last year)

Minuteman Award (episode with the shortest amount of time before someone says it)

Marathon Man Award (episode with the longest amount of time before someone caves)

Most Heartbreaking (sorry, I've already got this one picked out)

• Like 1

Best movie to give to an enemy.

Best death

Best plot hole to drive a truck through

Best WTF line

How Did This Get Made person of the year.

I feel like the scene with the alien parents walking into the supermarket in Mac and Me is my biggest WTF moment. Honestly nightmare-inducing scene. And it's a kids' movie!

Most Unintentionally Incompetent Male Character (Willem DaFoe, Speed 2, for instance)

Most Unintentionally Incompetent Female Character (Saundra Bullock, for either All About Steve or Speed 2)

Best Villain (I've gotta say Sharon Stone for Catwoman)

Worst Villain (It's gotta be Eddie Murphy right?)

Worst "Best Friend" Character

Most Inexplicable Side Character (a character whose presense in the movie just makes no sense. Like the Psychologist from The Room, or the forest hippie from Birdemic)

Best Main-Character-Versus Himself-Faceoff

(Superman vs. Clark Kent against Eddie Murphie vs. Eddie Murphy in Pluto Nash)

• Like 1

Most Inexplicable Celebrity Cameo

The Jason Statham Award for Defying Death in an Action Movie

I just wanted to say I support Solid Muldoon's suggestion from the minisode comments that these awards informally be known as the "Howdies".

Bless you Jacob for making this thread! I was hoping to get one started before the facebook page stole all our forum glory :lol:

I just wanted to say I support Solid Muldoon's suggestion from the minisode comments that these awards informally be known as the "Howdies".

Whoa, I had that same exact name idea earlier without even seeing this. If that doesn't cement it, I don't know what will.

The, "You're not Michael Bay Award"

Biggest moment of dumbstruck confusion.

Good Guy who makes things worse.

Like in Armored. Where if the guy just went, ok and left and called the cops. No one would have died and the millions of dollars wouldn't have been destroyed.

• Like 1

-Best Performance by a Hairpiece in a Nicolas Cage Film

-Worst Performance by an Academy Award-winning Actor/Actress

-Best Unintentional Comedy

-Worst Intentional Comedy

-Worst Adaptation (of a book, comic, TV show, remake, etc.)

-How Did I Get Through This "How Did It Get Made"? (most difficult film to sit through for the show)

-"Not the Bees!" (Best Animal Performance...other than the bees, because they've got that shit locked DOWN)

-Most Unbelievable Plot

-Worst Action Lead

-Worst Romantic Lead

If there's going to be a musical award, I suggest that you spread the nominees out throughout the course of the episode before giving it out.

• Like 1

Bless you Jacob for making this thread! I was hoping to get one started before the facebook page stole all our forum glory :lol:

To be fair the award show wasn't my idea, but I couldn't believe the thread hadn't been made.

I do think we should decide on a name for these awards. I like the "Literallies," I like the "Howdies," any other ideas? I'm blanking.

Most amazingly bad affectation. Things like accents, physical gestures, costumes... any unnecessary "thing" that an actor adds to a performance (Like Angelina Jolie's accent in "The Tourist").

I quite like the idea of "And the Howdy goes to..."

My first thought though was the Cageys.

Well, actually, my first thought was the Ridiculees, but the Cageys was my first thought that didnt suck.

PS:

Best/Worst ADR

Maybe if theyre called the Howdys, to fit with the questioning theme the awards should be phrased as "Most questionable actress" and "Most questionable sound design". Etc. Rather than chosing between Best and Worst.

best/worst Search Engine Query ( I forget the exact phrasings from each, but the following are all contenders: Twilight, Catwoman, I know who killed me...)

--or if you wanted to inflict serious pain, it could be the Most Questionable Search Engine Query....

• Like 1