🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This movie takes place in a world where everybody is named after instruments and musical equipment(Marshall Strat, Gibson Rickebacker, Fender Tremolo, etc). In a world that was once part of failed projects for both Spiderman AND Masters of the Universe 2.

From IMDB Trivia:

"This film was conceived to use the costumes and sets built both for an intended sequel of Masters of the Universe and a live version of 'Spider-Man'. Both projects were planned to shoot simultaneously by Albert Pyun. After Cannon had to cancel deals with both Mattel and Marvel because of their financial troubles, they needed to recoup the money spent on both projects. Then Pyun wrote the story Cyborg. Some network television still give the film's title as 'Masters of the Universe 2: Cyborg' which often confuses many into thinking a sequel to that film was made."

I think this one is ripe for the picking.

Two best reasons for doing this movie:

1) Just before the final battle, the villain takes off the chain mail armour that's made him pretty much invincible up to this point. Yep, there's certainly no need for armour in a combat situation. and

2) "I think he's the cure for this world." Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! How did her intestines not leap up into her throat and strangle her from the inside to prevent her from delivering that line?

Yes! Cyborg needs to happen immediately! As well as the reasons above here are some more reasons Cyborg is a must.

First and foremost for me as a selling point WIGS. This movies is CHOCK full of terrible horrible wigs. This movie is the cynical Wigspert's dream. June NEEDS to weigh in on the wigs in this fucking movie.

Two. The editing in this movie is atrocious. There is zero continuity right off the bat. Nothing ever makes sense in this god damn movie. Plus, when cutting this down from an X to an R some crucial shots were lost. Which results, among other things, in a scene where JVD dispatches a guy and the very next shot the guy has completely disappeared.

Three. I remain unconvinced that this movie has a plot. Practically half of this movie is flashbacks about JVD's "character" and they impressively and deftly avoid developing his character AT ALL in these flashbacks. How is that even possible!?

Four. It's just fun. It's goddamn fun. I've watched a lot of bad movies you guys. Never have I seen a movie outside of the strata that beasts like The Room, and Birdemic, reside, that is so consistently unintelligible and frustrating.

Literally-literally or HDTGM-literally?

It happened for real, you got to look on what was going on during the making of Cyborg.

Watching this now, unfortunately it's only on Netflix for another day. I think this movie is a great example of why editing is important. It has a series of events that lead from one into the other, it explains some things of what's going on, there are good guys and bad guys, music to queue you what you're supposed to feel, etc. all of the things you should need to make an action movie. But honestly it just feels like someone stitched a bunch of scenes together without creating a story. This would definitely be a good JCVD choice for HDTGM.

Edit: I think one of the reasons why this movie barely makes any sense is that there is hardly any conversation in this movie. There are bits of them in flashbacks, and there is really bad dialog, but there is really no conversation.

Also, the villain fights JCVD and knocks him out and leaves him to die like JC without VD (see what I did there?) rather than kill him. That's not going to come back to bite him in the ass later on... He's so terrible at being evil.

another Cannon Films movie. as I had said in another post, I had just seen

about this studio. One of the most interesting things about JCVD is he first got his big break by hanging out at the Cannon Films studio looking for a job, showing off his kicks and moves and so later he got noticed and they started to use him in a lot of Cannon studio movies. Breakin was the first as an extra. later on they used him as a lead actor. Cannon first big hit movie.
  • Like 1

You had piqued my interest in the last post about this documentary, but this one has sealed it. I'm adding it to my list.

Oh man, Cyborg 2 does not have JCVD, but it has Jack Palance and Angelina Jolie.

• Like 1

My favorite thing about this movie is how 99% of the dialogue in the last twenty minutes is just screaming. It perfectly predicts where the audience will be at by then, emotionally.

• Like 2

I don't think calling it "screaming" does it justice. It's like really deep, low action "yaaah"ing

I recommend this movie because it made me laugh in the first 10 seconds.

The film had an astonishing budget of 500K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsyjFihG5k8

It is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller action blunder by non other than our legit WTTGM champion Jean Claude Van Damme.

Reasons to watch:

- Younger Jean Claude Van Damme

- Aimlessly sadistic 80's villain with dirty ski glasses and chain mail

- Amazing Cyborg effects and animation acting (with blinking)

- Casio keybaord soundtrack (enigma flute)

- Amazing 1 liners

Some amazing screenshots attached. I would've taken more but I was too enthralled by the movie.

http://imgur.com/a/KSnwx

tbh the only memorable thing about this movie was Mario Van Steroids

JCVD does not exude any confidence in this, or he was just kept on a short leash so that means no fun for us

How has this not been done yet? It's 20% men sharpening and/or waving knives, 15% the female sidekick being knocked out and/or wounded, and 65% screaming. Flawless...

Any JCVD movie should be viewed by everyone..in the world.  So yeah, for HDTGM let's rock on this one.