đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

Episode 254.5 - Minisode 254.5

43 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

I think though the end of the forums is more of a when than an if at this point. I know we've lost lots of great regular posters for various reasons. As some who has been around for a long time and made good friends here it will sad to see it go. I just hope whatever the future holds there will be place for us to enjoy the show and still share our insane theories, needless research, and hard worked out math.

I know as much as you guys about the future of the forums, and I honestly don't think any higher-ups at Earwolf Midroll Scripps SiriusXM even know they exist. The exodus of shows from the network this year—Pistol Shrimps Radio, Superego, In Voorhees We Trust, Big Grande's Teachers Lounge, Off Book, Yo Is This Racist?, Culture Kings (probably), Hollywood Handbook—doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

For what it's worth, I created /r/MusicalMondays and /r/Unspooled on Reddit a while back. They're both currently private/vacant, but the glass is ready to be broken in case of emergency. (If any of you are Reddit users and want to be appointed moderators, I'd happily cede control.)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DanEngler said:

I know as much as you guys about the future of the forums, and I honestly don't think any higher-ups at Earwolf Midroll Scripps SiriusXM even knows they exist. The exodus of shows from the network this year—Pistol Shrimps Radio, Superego, In Voorhees We Trust, Big Grande's Teachers Lounge, Off Book, Yo Is This Racist?, Culture Kings, Hollywood Handbook—doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

For what it's worth, I created /r/MusicalMondays and /r/Unspooled on Reddit a while back. They're both currently private/vacant, but the glass is ready to be broken in case of emergency. (If any of you are Reddit users and want to be appointed moderators, I'd happily cede control.)

Wow, that's even more shows then I thought! I agree I think they have bigger fish to fry than the forums, so maybe we'll just coast on by for awhile. I appreciate you making those other Reddit threads. I'm still not on Reddit, but yeah, if needs must, I will gladly relieve you of them :) 

• Like 1

I am on Reddit but just created a new alternate account just in case...

• Like 1

The only thing I've used Discord for is to set up meets for Pokemon Go raids and other events. I don't find it too useful for critical discussion.

The Unspooled group on Facebook is very well-maintained, but having seen behind the hood a bit I know it takes a LOT of moderation to keep it civil. It still seems to be the main community outlet for that podcast, as the other ones just haven't taken off much. I would love for the forums to still be the main place, but participation has just been dwindling over there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

I just hope whatever the future holds there will be place for us to enjoy the show and still share our insane theories, needless research, and hard worked out math.

I’m only here for the math. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I’m only here for the math. 

DOJgD1J.gif

• Like 1

Anyone know a way to buy or rent Netflix movies if you don’t have Netflix? I can’t find this “Knight for Christmas” one that is Friday’s livestream anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Anyone know a way to buy or rent Netflix movies if you don’t have Netflix? I can’t find this “Knight for Christmas” one that is Friday’s livestream anywhere. 

I don't think it's possible. Netflix has released a handful of extremely popular Netflix original shows on DVD, but everything else is locked behind a subscription.