🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shannon

HAVIN' A SUMMAH 2012!

IT'S SUMMAH Y'ALL!

fullsize_9.jpg

I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about how all the chartists are havin' a summah!

Post about your summah adventures! Tell us your summah secret! (But you'll have to get a new one) Summah gums and beers! Anything and everything summah is welcome here!

• Like 2

I'll start!

Before I went to my first pool party of summah this weekend, I made a tank top out of a very large shirt that stars my friend and comedian Chris Cubas. With only a pair of scissors!

314770_687316021599_509364930_n.jpg

I was pretty proud of myself AND it will totally be a staple of my summah wardrobe now

• Like 3

Also...

208957_3083777147370_2130880858_n.jpg

• Like 2

Summah Gum: 5 Gum RPM Fruit. It tastes exactly like the color yellow Red Bull!

Summah Gum Runnah-Up: Orbit Mint Mojito. I realize this is in flagrant violation of Howard's rules, but how can you go wrong with a gum that tastes like a summah drink?

Summah Beer: So far, the winner is 21st Century's Bitter American.

Summah Buzz: Tie between a Dark n' Stormy (Gosling's Black Seal, ginger beer, lime juice) or an Old Fashioned (bourbon, Angostura bitters, slice of orange, brandied cherry)

Summah Adventure: Too early to tell, but I bought tickets for the Comedy Bang! Bang! tour ~2 minutes after they went on sale!

• Like 1

It's definitely summah in Chattanooga...100+ degrees is guarenteeing that, for sure.

I finally got the Have a Summah record today (thank you, birthday gift itunes card) & it was the first thing to get downloaded...it inspired water balloon fights & an outdoor picnic at a local taco truck...I think this photo from that adventure says it all...

tumblr_m6k62gFkEt1qz8wbqo1_1280.jpg

post-20011-0-75605400-1341278653_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Tomorrow is going to be the first full day of sunshine we've seen in WA since summah started. I'm sorry for the rest of the country that is on fire and dying of heat exhaustion, but dammit - can we just have ONE DAY up here?

So far, I've taken my kids to the pool in our community a bunch of times even though it was a scorching 67 degrees and sprinkling. But I did start off the summah at Sasquatch with Howard so I can't complain.

• Like 1

Usually I'm one of the pasty august couch goblins so this year I've been trying to have as much of a summah as possible.

I've been going for tons of bike rides, playing soccer twice a week, and have already taken part in a few road trips. On one trip down to NY state I loaded up on Landshark Ale for my summah beer.

My summah suit is soccer shorts over underarmor boxers. Not exactly a brand new purchase, but a summah innovation none the less.

• Like 1

I'm in a city in France where it rains constantly, which is definitely a summah obstacle.

Thank goodness for Who Charted and Howard, who constantly remind me I need to have a summah anyway.

• Like 1

Of all the summahs in my life, I would describe this one as my:

MOST IMPROVED SUMMAH.

The last two summERs (I had no summahs), I've worked at programming jobs for a couple of different companies who had crazy, impossible deadlines tied to the start of the NFL season (late August), so I was often working 70-80 hour weeks in zero-morale environments, then going home and only being able to lie down to recover from the stress on my wrists, back, neck and shoulders. I didn't even wear shorts the last two summers, I went into two separate pretty bad depressions (and cycles of weight yo-yo'ing), and I went weeks at a time without seeing my best friends who lived just a short drive away. Two consecutive bummahs.

BUT THIS YEAR, IN NO ORDER:

1) Leaving the office at 5.

2) Wearing shorts.

3) Having a summah romance (and I mean potentially beyond)

4) Bought *two* pairs of sunglasses

5) Beach trip planned

6) Seeing Marc Maron and Maria Bamford live in the next few weeks

7) Writing music

8) Seeing friends

9) Going to cookouts and minor league baseball games

10) Generally enjoying life

Also what up Jenny, TN Summah Crew in effect.

• Like 1

Wiewie & Kuku have inspired me to make my own personal Summah Soundtrack in the form of a mix of my top 42 songs of Summah 2012 - http://snd.sc/SLzXbp

Just wanted to share the summah love & encourage other chartists to make their own summah soundtracks & share them :)

"You know, I jump into a pool and take a bite of a peach and I'm like 'wow, I'm havin' a Summah!'" - Howard Kremer

• Like 1

Fellow Chartists,

Last week was my birthday and I usually pull a Thomas Magnum where I usually like to spend my birthday by myself. Don't ask; I've been doing it since I was 19. Work's kicking my ass and I took some time off during the birthday week. After coming back from vacation, nay... a Summah Vacation, I had some time recollect on my Top 5 Summah Vacation Recap:

1. Dubip's Summah Splash: I finally got around to get a new summah bathing suit, a new Summah Schmear (Coppertone Sport SPF 15 Spray) and I hit the pool when I went to Vegas. At 10am with 110 weather, the swim was near perfection. Lounging in the pool, having a dip every now and then. A great start to the summah

2. Dubip's Summah Tune & Summah Read: I've yet to find my summah tune, so I'm going with a classic: Shuggie Otis' Strawberry Letter 23 a placeholder for now. Summah Reads...well, a comic nerd is never out of options, but I'm reading the new novel by DB Jackson, Thieftaker.

3. Dubip's Summah Drink: While I've posted in another thread my Summah Beers, but the true Summah Drink is VF & Vodka. Get some Velvet Falernum & Vodka and fresh squeezed lime in a cocktail glass. Mix 1 part VF to 2 parts Vodka, squeeze in a whole lime, shake with ice. Serve over ice... truly refreshing.

4. Dubip's Summah Psychedelic Trip: During the time off, I wanted to get in the summah mood, physically and mentally. I booked an appointment in a float tank. I've been wanting to try this for a while. My mind's opened up and experienced a high I never felt before. Truly an amazing experience. LA Chartists, check out Float Tanks in Venice.

5. Dubip's Summah Serenity: The final day of my vacation, my brother and family gave me a gift card to a luxurious spa. Aromatherapy baths, hot stone massage, serentiy rooms... my body was in total zen mood. Coming out of there refreshed and ready to take my work and reality.

I have to thank Howard for preaching the Zen of Summah. Its something everyone should take to heart and make an experience that should change your life. Thank you Howard and Kulap for making my workdays that much better.

Enjoying my Summah...

- Ryan

• Like 1

Just wanted to hop in and say that hopefully you guys are still enjoying your summah! Even though I'm getting adjusted to being at work again (yay teaching!), my summah's not over til the end of August- it'll be capped off from a visit from my best friend to do some boating and a My Morning Jacket outdoor concert, too.

Enjoy it, friends!

Summah was vicariously enticing like every other season. You know meeting people in spring and winter who you don't see much during the summah because they have plans to do stuff. So I pretty much just kept to myself and worked on music like it was winter. I'm glad that I'm done with it, probably will try to chase summah somewhere else because winter here is horrible weather. soundcloud.com/carlandermixes are my songs of summah. my gum of summah is peppermint ice cream (don't remember the brand) summah buzz : blue moon summah honey wheat got a summah loving mix that I'm finishing today I'll post it at mixcloud.com/stephenbjorn yup yup

Sign in to follow this