🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

HDTGM Classics: The Return

January 8th   

6 members have voted

1. 1. January 8th

• Pluto Nash (I think..?)
    • Roped (Netflix Rom-Com)

Hi! I think all of us who have participated in the past have shown interest in maybe starting this up again. It looks like we will be able to do it through Kast, which has worked tolerably well so far. So, if you're interested in rebooting this sucker, let me know. Also, if you're interested, and haven't already, you may want to go ahead and create an account with Kast :) 

I was thinking we'd pick up where we left off: First Friday of the month, 9PM EST. (Although, I was thinking we shoot for Jan 8th since the first Friday in January is New Year's Day and that might not be ideal for everyone :P )

Also, how do you all want this to be? Do you just want to be where we left off in the HDTGM catalogue (I'll have to look what the last film we did was) or do you want it to be more open? For example, I know a bunch of us have been goofing on A California Christmas. Should we structure this more like Musical Mondays where somebody picks a film? Or, since we're piggybacking off of the HDTGM thread, should we keep to the plan and just do those other movies on a more individualized basis?

Anyway, I hope you guys are in! I want 2021 to be a better year, and I always looked forward to these evenings with you guys.  

• Like 3

I do appreciate going through old HDTGM films, but maybe that should be the rough guide and if something comes up we all decide we must see we can jump off the path every so often.

So maybe the default is an HDTGM film and every month we can decide as a group if we want to deviate to something else?

(Like, we should probably do this Roped we just learned about together right?)

• Like 4

I'm down for whatever as long as you fine folks are there.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I do appreciate going through old HDTGM films, but maybe that should be the rough guide and if something comes up we all decide we must see we can jump off the path every so often.

So maybe the default is an HDTGM film and every month we can decide as a group if we want to deviate to something else?

This is the exact film I was thinking about... ;) 

4 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Yeah. This was vaguely how we did it as I recall. If we all really didn't want to see a movie, we'd skip it. I'm fine with going to a new movie if whatever is next is voted out.

• Like 1

We skipped it, but we always stayed with an old HDTGM movie, right? Now we could toss in other things if we felt like it. That may be a bit more fun than just pure rewatching things?

Or... we can do two Fridays a month, one old HDTGM classic and one new bad movie we decide on together? Just an idea

• Like 1

I like the idea of using the HDTGM list as a guideline. We can always put it to a vote every month if there’s something (like Roped) we all want to watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

We skipped it, but we always stayed with an old HDTGM movie, right? Now we could toss in other things if we felt like it. That may be a bit more fun than just pure rewatching things?

Or... we can do two Fridays a month, one old HDTGM classic and one new bad movie we decide on together? Just an idea

You're right. I was probably thinking of the Musical Mondays streams.

20 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

So Roped on January 8th?

I added a poll 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

if people want to prep for Roped, watch A California Christmas before then!

Everyone should watch A California Christmas - for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

So is this a connected series of crappy Netflix rom-coms?

Yea. A few of us watched California Christmas and found it (I think) entertainingly bad and fun to rip on. Turns out the team behind it has another movie on there called Roped. Both star the same married couple (and the woman is also the writer of these movies). Since this is our Bad Movie Watchalong Party, seems like a good fit!

• Like 2

Oh one thing I was thinking could be fun, if we rotated as Kast hosts and surprised people with our Bad Movie-Choice-of-the-Month. Could be an HDTGM Classic, could be something random, but we wouldn't know until we show up to watch it together on Kast. 

Just an idea, and maybe there aren't enough people to participate, but it would be fun to see how bad our choices can be haha

I’m going to hosting. (It worked last time I tried) So, yeah, you’ll need to friend me. If you can’t find me, I’ll look up my UN and post it here.

yea there's a lot of camerons on there, cannot tell which one is yours. (don't see Val Kilmer's pic on any of them)

[EDIT]

n/m found it

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pscudese said:

Hey all. Excited to join in the insanity!

Hi Pete! We used to go through the catalogue pretty religiously, but honestly, there were some movies we didn't want to revisit. We are doing this through Kast now. You will probably need to create an account. My UN is CameronH1. 

We do these the first Friday of every month at 9PM EST. If there's another movie we want to watch, like ROPED this week, we'll put a vote up. Otherwise, it's straight down the HDTGM catalogue. So, next month, it would be Tiptoes (OMG, I've never seen that :) )  

Tiptoes is not the most fun watch. Granted, I watched it by myself, but not sure how well it holds up to group watch making fun of it.

• Like 1