🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Yapapi

Turbulence (1997)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120390/

Was going to put this in the Summer Movies until I discovered it wasn't one. Anyway, this movie deserves an episode.

Among the most crap things in this movie:

1) The 747 flying upside down and, as soon as it is righted, Ray Liotta sits down and has a Martini

2) The 747 hits a karaoke bar, the front landing gear visibily plows through the roof at a speed that is barely faster than a brisk jog.

3) The final landing is done on autopilot.

4) It's a Christmas Eve flight to a popular destination on a 747, and yet there are less than 25 passengers.

5) Lauren Holly (Flight Attendant) gives Ray Liotta (gun toting, rapist/serial killer) the keys to the cockpit.

6) Elaborate christmas lights the full length of the 747

7) The Flight Attendant/Ground Crew first discover the pilots are all dead when the plane is leaving Illinois, and yet the plane is allowed to continue to LAX for no apparent reason other than that's where the guy who originally arrested the serial killer is.

8) Lauren Holly engages the autopilot AFTER Ray Liotta has already destroyed the autopilot computer

That's just scratched the surface, I haven't mentioned any of the crappy acting or dialogue. Also, despite being a total flop, this movie has 2 direct to video sequals which I am now going to try and track down.

Would love to hear a show on it.

Peter

I wish I could add more, but the OP pretty much gave the selling points for amazing bad movies. Lauren Holly is a dum-dum, Ray Liotta is extremely insane, and this is basically a mash up of Air Force One and Reindeer Games. Do It.

this is basically a mash up of Air Force One and Reindeer Games.

And then, to really throw people off, it came out half a year before "Air Force One" and three years before "Reindeer Games." (I assumed you were speaking figuratively, but still.)

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've seen this but doesn't Ray Liotta kill Lauren Holly's buddy by sucking the air out of her during a kiss/strangle?

• Like 1

Pretty much. And after looking over the Wikipedia Synopsis, it seems like Lauren Holly inexplicably believes that she is qualified to land this plane.

Pretty much. And after looking over the Wikipedia Synopsis, it seems like Lauren Holly inexplicably believes that she is qualified to land this plane.

She was getting assistance from a pilot in air traffic control if I remember right. Then at the end they have a meet cute after she crash lands the plane.

Sign in to follow this