🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

A crazy movie about a guy who gets suck into a cartoon. And not some fun kids or anime cartoon. A dark and unstable world. Yet the guy lives with it. He stays there for about 50 years until A Crazy girl name Holly Would(Get it), brings an ex con, Bruce Campbell look a like, comic artist. She wants to bonk either men to become real. Why, only tv tropes can explain( and a lot of people on tv tropes are not sane either). With a awesome soundtrack feature David Bowie. This is prime for a How did this get made.

• Like 3

Oh man, yes. This movie. No reasonable plot, just an excuse to have cartoon titties on screen for 80 minutes.

The same could be said for Roger Rabbit, just an excuse to have cartoon titties on screen, but unlike Cool World, it had things adults could enjoy too...

WTF. Roger Rabbit. That had many other things then cartoon breasts. A good story. Great animation. Awesome characters.

Cool world is a movie that needs to be made with the first idea they had for it. A scary movie about a guy who has a child with a crazy cartoon girl and the child turns out to be a half human half cartoon monster thing trying to get back at daddy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_World

You cloud tell the change happen before they worked on the sets. Which are amazing

This would be a good idea now with what we can do with animation and anime now a days.It would be funny if it was a satire of anime and the fanbase.

People may say that Holli wood Wood more attractive in toon form. I say that her real form much more attractive.

They could have kept the pg-13 and still kept it dark. There many dark PG-13 movies.

• Like 2

Oh, yes, Cool World is a must!

I love how at the end, Gabriel Byrne is suddenly replaced by a cartoon superhero, and we never see him again. It's like he got fed up and went "Nope, not gonna keep doing this." And just walked away.

Totall agree with this pick. I saw this in the theater and with about a dozen other baffled people. It is HORRIBLE. The tag line: "Hollie would if she could ... and she will!" It got 3% on Rotten Tomatoes, had big stars (Pitt, Byrne, Bassinger) and bombed. Plus, icky cartoon-on-live-action-person love. Perfect HDTGM material!

Brad Pitt in a film noir with cartoon characters.

3% on Rotten Tomatoes.

One of those forgotten movies that needs to be discussed.

Oh, I remember this one. Kim Bassinger is the cartoon, right? Bonkers.

The same could be said for Roger Rabbit, just an excuse to have cartoon titties on screen, but unlike Cool World, it had things adults could enjoy too...

Roger Rabbit was a great movie. Funny, well-written, smart. These two aren't even in the same league.

Dude, you're bonkers. Roger Rabbit is amazing.

• Like 1

Dude, you're bonkers. Roger Rabbit is amazing.

Hey, I wasn't saying it wasn't! They're similar in the sense that they mix real world and animated world stuff, but while Roger Rabbit had something for everybody, I have no idea who the audience for "Cool World" was supposed to be. I said Roger Rabbit was more than cartoon titties, and I also pointed out that the titties were for the KIDS, which no one seemed to catch...

I know, I know. The titties are for everyone.

According to Don Dimello, they're something for daddy.

And I just want to vote again for this movie. If there ever was a perfect definition "bonkers," it's this movie. I know that Paul, June, & Jason's commentary on this would be hilarious and, literally, amazing.

• Like 1

Fun facts about this movie:

The director initially planned an R-rated horror film about a half-cartoon-half-human monster. When he sold it to the studio, however, the producer decided to rewrite the film, without consulting the director. To give you an idea of just how far it deviated from his idea, at one point Kim Basinger told him she hoped to show the movie to sick children in hospitals. (I doubt she ever did, considering how much that would violate the Geneva Conventions.)

The director's original choice for the cartoonist lead was Brad Pitt. The studio insisted on having Gabriel Byrne as the male lead. He also wanted Drew Barrymore to play Holli Would; not doing so remains one of her finest career decisions.

• Like 1

Found out this tidbit: The film's animators were never given a screenplay. Makes a lot of sense actually.

• Like 1

I feel so bad for Gabriel Byrne when I watch this movie.

Wonderful actor that he is, Gabriel is no stranger to shit.

I know, but it brings a new level to acting in a shit movie when you have to say your lines to a tennis ball on a stick and prentend that it is a sentient being.

Fun facts about this movie:

The director initially planned an R-rated horror film about a half-cartoon-half-human monster. When he sold it to the studio, however, the producer decided to rewrite the film, without consulting the director. To give you an idea of just how far it deviated from his idea, at one point Kim Basinger told him she hoped to show the movie to sick children in hospitals. (I doubt she ever did, considering how much that would violate the Geneva Conventions.)

The director's original choice for the cartoonist lead was Brad Pitt. The studio insisted on having Gabriel Byrne as the male lead. He also wanted Drew Barrymore to play Holli Would; not doing so remains one of her finest career decisions.

As a child, I did actually watch this a few times while I was home sick from school. So, I guess Kim Basinger's dream came true.

I have a soft spot for this movie. I really liked the soundtrack. But yes it's a good pick. It's a terrible film.

I know I am new to the forum, but i am a long time listener ... avid listener.

I recently watched "cool world" on Netflix ... 4.5/10 on IMDB 3% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Brad Pitt

As posted on Cracked.com "That's worse than Batman & Robin, Showgirls and Stop! or My Mom Will Shoot, which incidentally came out that same year."

I remember this was suppose to be a hit .. Brad Pitt and Kim Basinger

Cracked.com did a good job in this article .( http://www.cracked.c...awesome_p2.html )

Any thoughts?