🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 165 — Hoo-ah!

I found out about Loudon Wainwright III from watching the first season of SNL dvds. His performance on that is VERY awkard and humorous and people uncomfortably laugh throughout it. The songs he plays on it are "Bicentennial Uncertainty" and "Unrequited to the Nth Degree". It is nice.

I thought it was a really good one. Amy Phillips was great as Gwyneth. Andy Kindler was a great co-host. I even liked his attempts at jokes that didn't make any sense (e.g. Eye of the Needle is the next Sylvester Stallone movie)

• Like 1

I normally not a huge fan of the musical guests but Loudon Wainwright III was freaking hilarious. It definitely seemed to get it and had a good sense of humour.

Also I love Andy Kindler and his dissection of the game Who Said It. To me there is something so funny about someone not getting the joke immediately and trying to figure it out. That and then making fun of the premise of the game as it goes along. Hilarious.

I'm sure people have said this before, but if you can't stand listening to the one minute ad, pause it, scroll forward just about one minute, and then press play. If you've done this right, the next thing you here will either be Scott welcoming you back to the show, or the tail-end of the ad saying 'this cola taste is real,' and then Scott welcoming you back to the show.

Boom.

Crisis averted.

• Like 1

Andy was great. I'll always root for the guy who defends those of us who believe in a higher power, but he was hysterical anyway. Also loved Amy's Paltrow impression--in fact, my one problem with the episode is that I felt like she didn't get enough time to flesh out the character. I'd really like to hear her back for a more long-form interview.

This is one of the best CBB/CDR episodes ever. Andy is a National Treasure, Book of Secrets, and Scott's improv has come so far from the early CDR 'Scott Awkwardman' days, it's ridiculous. That 'Ching-Chong Matinee' episode was amazing, too -- you guys are killing it right now.

Props to Andy K. for coming to Vegas regularly, too. This is probably the worst comedy town in the country, and most quality stand-ups know better than to book here. Seeing Andy bomb in Vegas is right up there with my all-time favorite comedy experiences, even including my years following the UCB/alt scene in L.A. Thank that white-bearded old man in the clouds (that's right, hotshot) for guys like Andy and Doug Benson, who manage to get out here a few times a year to help dissipate the clouds of unfunniness left by the likes of Andrew Dice Clay* and Carrot Top.

Keep up the good work, CBB - I hope the podcast never goes away, even if the IFC show starts pulling 'Seinfeld' numbers...

*Here's an excerpt from the ubiquitous radio commercial for Dice's show that plays here. Warning: Get ready to laugh:

"They say 'you shouldn't smoke, it's a filthy habit'. Yeah? So's wiping my ass, but they're not banning THAT! Heyyyy!"

First off, I love CBB. I've been listening since the Death Ray days and in my opinion it's the most consistently hilarious podcast. It's certainly my favorite, please keep up the great work.

That being said Andy Kindler was truly awful. I hope that he doesn't return.

• Like 1

Kinda embarrassed to admit this, but until this episode I had no idea Loudon was a musician. I just knew him as "That guy from the Judd Apatow stuff who kind of looks and sounds a little bit like James Woods but is totally not James Woods"

But what a pleasant surprise! I really liked the "Man and Dog" song and giggled all the way through.

Amy did a pretty good job of playing my queen Gwynny... maybe too good.

tumblr_loveduZfGN1qzcyg0.gif

Are you buying the new Goop T? Only 90 dollars!

http://www.goop.com/shop/featured/goop-tee.html

Are you buying the new Goop T? Only 90 dollars!

http://www.goop.com/...d/goop-tee.html

OMGGGGGGG

I'm completely, unhealthily obsessed with Gwyneth. She seems to have literally NO idea that everyone in the world is not her, and I find it so endearing and terrible at the same time and I can. not. look away.

From Largo 1999...Andy Kindler is the Best. Please Scott, get him on more often. I loved Gweneth as well.

Mr. Maher, is that you?

Nah, homie. But one in five Americans know the world will end in their lifetimes and about 40% are young Earth creationists. Anyway, there is no god. Theism prevents people from unlocking the last unknowns; if you care about knowledge, it is indefensible.

First off, I love CBB. I've been listening since the Death Ray days and in my opinion it's the most consistently hilarious podcast. It's certainly my favorite, please keep up the great work.

That being said Andy Kindler was truly awful. I hope that he doesn't return.

No good?

I mean, listen. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But your opinion is objectively and factually wrong and stupid and I hate it.

• Like 1

Big 'Attaboy' for Loudon's songs... medium size 'Tsk-tsk' for Andy Kindler getting all preachy.

• Like 1

So glad you brought Kindler back. One of my favorites. Always loved him on Home Movies and now on Bob's Burgers. His standup is great as well, and he's fantastic Jewtastic on Comedy Bang! Bang! And it's OK for me to say that, because I'm a Jew... Right? Isn't that how it works? I don't know, I never read the Talmud...

I miss Andy Kindler on Earwolf. He's great with Scott.