🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 40 — Judge Dredd

Pick up a plate of recycled spaghetti and join Erica Oyama and the How Did This Get Made? crew for a look at Judge Dredd. Block wars. That about covers it. Join us on this trip to Aspen with Rob Schneider and enjoy the horrible sets and futuristic insanity. Enjoy!

Judge Dredd to his dick: "Double Whammy."

This movie was much more fun than I remember it being. Here is one out of context moment I had to share:

008.jpg

Patch it into my Lawmaster, dumb-dumb.

• Like 2

"hey guess what dumb dumb? You should know what youre giving to youre murderous prisoners"

second listen through, I caught the part where Jason interjects with, "I have great news guys..."

Thank you.

• Like 1

The robot was (in looks only) Hammerstein from ABC Warriors another 2000AD strip that has nothing to do with Judge Dredd. His presence was on of the many things Dredd fans like myself hated about this movie.

I never noticed the voice activated turret silliness, not even when I rewatched it for this episode. I also love how everything kept coming back to the pasta robot. Hillarious ep!

P.S. With all this talk of pasta robots, how did no one say "pastabot?"

• Like 2

In the future, cargo pants are still in style, and because Judge Dredd was made in 1995, so is blasting White Zombie on your flying car's stereo.

The 5-star reviews this week reminded me of friends I have that like to tell me a movie is good by saying "I NEVER watch (insert genre here) movies, but I liked this one, so it's the greatest (that genre) movie ever". I see stuff like "Blow" and Boondock Saints", movies that look like or are clearly lifting from every other movie they look like, popping up in those conversations. Ohhhh, speaking of which, have you guys seen "Overnight", the documentary about the douchebag that made "Boondock Saints"? I'll have to go suggest that one on the right thread. It's a good movie, and probably even funnier to people that ARE still working in the entertainment industry...

• Like 1

For everything that this movie tried to copy from the comics including the Judge outfits to the gun, they screwed it up so bad and made it seem hokey while it seemed pretty cool in the comics. As for the warden and the benefactor's gift, the box had a thumb print lock on the box and the warden had said "our benefactor" so it seemed like he was a middle man between Rico and the bad chief judge. One of my favorite guilty pleasures, but still so bad.

• Like 1

By the way, I love that June has taken it upon herself to act as Rob Schnider's defensive attorney in this episode. She really does a solid job trying to build a case against Dredd, questioning his character as a cop.

My next post will cover The Saint, which was like toxic waste to everyone involved.

Holy shit, you guys have to do The Saint.

good call sean1966

• Like 1

June was so amazing on Burning Love.

tumblr_m5v2ihyCuL1qkpccwo1_500.gif

...just needed an excuse to post this gif

• Like 7

I will always cherish the phrase "lil sloppy danny devito" hahaha great ep!

tumblr_m5v2ihyCuL1qkpccwo1_500.gif

...just needed an excuse to post this gif

That was the first moment I ran with my computer to show my wife the show. I burst out laughing at the anguish on her face. Just wonderful.

June took the 'best line of the episode' crown near the end when she said Stallone, "misjudged this".

. . . one of the many things Dredd fans like myself hated about this movie.

I saw the movie way before I consciously sought out the Great Comic Books (sometime around the time I got serious about drawing pictures). Needless to say, hundreds of page of classic, innovative comics RUINED FOREVER.

Of course, by now I've realized that the whole point of film adaptations is to dilute literature with so much unprocessed cultural doodoo as to render it unfit for consumption by all future generations.

I just want to say FUCK YOU JASON PAUL AND JUNE FOR POSTING THIS PERFECT FATHERS DAY MOVIE JUST AFTER FATHERS DAY YOU SADISTIC ASSFUCK JERKS. AFTER LISTENING TO THE AMAZON REVIEWS I REALIZED THIS WAS THE PERFECT MOVIES FOR BONDING WITH MY FATHER BUT UNFORTUNATELY I MISSED THE FATHER'S DAY DEADLINE. IF YOU HAD POSTED THIS A FEW WEEKS AGO I COULD HAVE SPENT SOME WONDERFUL QUALITY TIME WATCHING JUDGE DREDD ON HIS SPECIAL DAY BUT NOW I CAN'T DO IT UNTIL NEXT FATHERS'S DAY. OH YEAH THATS ASSUMING HE LIVES THAT LONG YOU COCKSUXKERS. THANK YOU FOR TWISTING THE KINFE AND THEN POURING SALTY LEMON JUICE ON IT YOU FUCKING PICKLE FUCKERS. I HOPE YOU DIE AND BURN IN HELL.

Also thank you for the great podcast! I look forward to it every week. :)

• Like 2

June is getting crazier and crazier with her theories every week. And I'm fine with that :lol:

• Like 4

tumblr_m6uohgVPfT1r79k32.gif

Did anyone else notice that this movie has an abundance of 'bad guy gets shot in the back moments before he was about to kill other character" I think it happened at least 3 times.

• Like 2

I find your run-of-the-mill action flick 'dreddful' & the parts that churn my stomach the most are cheesy taglines to killmoves.

[Raspy Stallone Voice] "Court Adjourned"

How could anybody be that witty with the pure adrenaline of just having had your life at risk is beyond me.

Diane Lane also chimes in with "Judge Bitch" after dropping her foe in the catfight...whew, sucks.

• Like 1

The next Stallone movie to tackle should be "Stop! or My My Mom Will Shoot" starring Stallone and none other than Estelle Getty of the Golden Girls. Because that is definitely one movie that I have wondered, "How did this get made?"

• Like 2

If there is an official How Did This Get Made drinking game, could one of the triggers be every time June is confused by a rudimentary plot point in an insane/incompetent movie?

Rob Schneider is covered in spaghetti = he controls robots with pasta. Time to drink.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this