🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 40 — Judge Dredd

I have to say that the last time I have seen this movie must have been more than 5 years ago, and while it was horrible, I think it tried to play on the campy-ness of 90's action movies.

That being said, I feel like you guys didn't really watch the movie at all.

Here are some things to notice.

-There is no pasta in Robs mouth in the pasta robot, it is all over his hair, and he has obviously blue, green, and red wires in his mouth along with all in his hands.

-Yes, the armor was horrible, no one ever understood that.

-The Judge who took the long walk, did so, so he could grant a last request to keep Dredd alive instead of executed. Because judges don't live that long, If they do make it to that age, they take the long walk, basically to bring law, to the lawless.(chances are they are going to die fighting)

-The evil judge had nothing to do with the shuttle going down. He just wants to make sure there is no survivors.

-Obviously the "Cowboy Cannibals" hideout is an old ruined courthouse. Hense the reason why there is a lady justice statue nearby. (They aren't actually in a cave)

-Yes, the re-entry into Mega City was purposterous.

-They snuck into the Judge station locker room, then they mugged a judge and took his clothes.

-The robot is hinted at by the shop keeper as a leftover from the ABC Wars. Trying to reference that there was a big war back in the day.

-They pin down the secret labs location because of the power outages, just like when they moved the statue of liberty, This is still kind of far fetched.

I have to say that the last time I have seen this movie must have been more than 5 years ago, and while it was horrible, I think it tried to play on the campy-ness of 90's action movies.

That being said, I feel like you guys didn't really watch the movie at all.

Here are some things to notice.

-There is no pasta in Robs mouth in the pasta robot, it is all over his hair, and he has obviously blue, green, and red wires in his mouth along with all in his hands.

-Yes, the armor was horrible, no one ever understood that.

-The Judge who took the long walk, did so, so he could grant a last request to keep Dredd alive instead of executed. Because judges don't live that long, If they do make it to that age, they take the long walk, basically to bring law, to the lawless.(chances are they are going to die fighting)

-The evil judge had nothing to do with the shuttle going down. He just wants to make sure there is no survivors.

-Obviously the "Cowboy Cannibals" hideout is an old ruined courthouse. Hense the reason why there is a lady justice statue nearby. (They aren't actually in a cave)

-Yes, the re-entry into Mega City was purposterous.

-They snuck into the Judge station locker room, then they mugged a judge and took his clothes.

-The robot is hinted at by the shop keeper as a leftover from the ABC Wars. Trying to reference that there was a big war back in the day.

-They pin down the secret labs location because of the power outages, just like when they moved the statue of liberty, This is still kind of far fetched.

Most importantly, how does your father feel about this movie?

• Like 2

Hey guys another fun podcast, though it hit a sore spot as I am a big fan of Judge Dredd in 2000AD and this movie well as you know not so great. Though it least it got the naming streets after famous things right. One other thing is that we sure do have cargo shorts in the 3rd millenium as we are currently living in it.

The two "WTF" moments for me were in the opening scene, when the riot was going on, a car blows up and this random guy looks into the camera and screams while moving his head around. The other was when they were processing Dredd and stripping him of all his items, they rip off his shirt sleeves, then rip off his whole shirt. Why not just rip off the whole shirt?!

Has anyone ever noticed this movie was an exact copy of Demolition Man?

- A post apocalyptic world where Silvester Stallone is a loose cannon cop constantly scolded for going overboard.

- The villain, who has close ties to Stallone's character, is released by a high ranking politician to serve his own ends.

- Villain ends up double crossing and killing said politician so he can be in charge.

- Stallone teamed up with green but eager to learn hot partner.

- Stallone is at odds with a non-evil criminal but ends up teamining up with him to fight main villain.

- Rob Schneider is in both!

Here's the thing though, at least Demolition Man had a hook: "A psychopath and loose cannon cop wake up to an ultra peaceful PC world."

They ran with that theme and had fun with it.

For Judge Dredd, it's like they got the license and said to themselves, "You know what would make a great adaptation? Copying Demolition Man, but taking out the basis for all the humor and anything interesting." Judge Dredd could have been interesting if the movie used the comic's hook of an ultra fascist cop, but instead they only had Stallone be Dredd in two scenes before he wasn't a cop anymore and just became some guy in a dirty shirt. At that point it was just a generic action movie with no ties to Dredd and no real point.

At least the new remake looks like they're keeping him Dredd the whole time.

• Like 1

Did they say 15 centimeter spacing between the eyes? I AM THE LAW!!!

Yeah, Jason starts that off by saying 23 centimeters (!) between the eyes. That would be highly disturbing.

June took the 'best line of the episode' crown near the end when she said Stallone, "misjudged this".

False. Jason's tags about Dredd's cock-demands win

Sign in to follow this