🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 109 Preview (Cinco DeNio's pick)

So, before there was the band Oingo Boingo, led by Danny Elfman, there was a performance troupe called The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo, led by Danny's brother Richard.  Danny was in the group as well as Richard's now-ex wife Marie-Pascale.  Richard wanted to capture the spirit of the performance troupe as well as the energy and created this movie.  It is decidedly NOT family-friendly nor good taste-friendly.

Starring Herve Villechaize and the bartender from Rockula, I give you

aeTjp7xxpMquSSMLxmo5EQg7AW4uMh1DtP0OQSXA

• Like 5

The movie was originally in black-and-white when released but has since been colorized.  I highly recommend the color version.  It's easier on the eyes and to distinguish various details.  If anyone wants to see the black-and-white version I plan to Kast it on Thursday night at 9 p.m. Eastern and Friday night at 7.  The colorized version will be Kasted on Friday at 9 p.m. Eastern.

It's available for free at TubiTV, and for rent on other services.  It's also available if you have subscriptions to various services, Fandor being one of them.  I own it on Prime so I will probably show that service's copy on Friday.  It's not much different from the Blu-Ray.

Here's the Justwatch page.

EDIT: It's only 70-some minutes long so you won't have too much of your time to ask to get back.

• Like 5

This sounds really cool. I love Oingo Boingo so it should be pretty interesting.

• Like 3

If you like Dr. Demento's theme song, Pico and Sepulveda, it's included in the movie as a set-up to showing where the dad works.

• Like 3

I moved in October and now I'm like blocks away from... PICO AND SEPULVEDA

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Are your dreams coming true?

• Like 3

The other reason for picking this movie is 2020 had a lot of nice, family-friendly movies (lipstick nipples aside).  I wanted to put 2020 in the rearview mirror.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I remember the story in the Teen Witch episode where June's sister said June pronounced it as SepulVEEda when JDR first moved to Los Angeles.

• Like 1

I'm going to be disappointed if that actual intersection isn't in the movie

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

This sounds really cool. I love Oingo Boingo so it should be pretty interesting.

If you've heard the Oingo Boingo song Forbidden Zone then you've heard the movie's title track.

• Like 3

I'm very sorry about missing last night's Kast.  I have alarms set for today's two showings so I won't miss those.

The Muppet Chrismas Carol gets some British love in this clip.  It starts just before 1:10 if the link doesn't take you there.

• Like 2

hey so this was taken off tubi within the last week!

i went to watch it and it's gone. i know it was there earlier, i had looked for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

hey so this was taken off tubi within the last week!

i went to watch it and it's gone. i know it was there earlier, i had looked for it.

Same thing happened to me. I rented it last night, but haven’t finished it yet.

Yeah, I meant to watch it this weekend and couldn't find it on tubi. I completely blanked that I could probably just rent it until Cameron mentioned it.

38 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I didn't feel like paying for it, tbh

I would set you up a Kast, but from my experience, Kast doesn’t work with iTunes.

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I would set you up a Kast, but from my experience, Kast doesn’t work with iTunes.

I will be happy to Kast it tonight.  7 pm and 9 pm Eastern.

In the meantime here's the longer version of P&S that includes the factory where the dad works.

1 hour ago, AlmostAGhost said:

it's cool, i don't have to watch everything! 

You have to watch this one!

• Hedgehog 1