🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 110 Preview (Grudlian's pick)

Having escaped the Sixth Dimension, leaving the Forbidden Zone in the rear-view mirror, what's the next movie?

tumblr_ln7eqfnLyQ1qg44uto1_500.gif

• Like 3

I just spoke with JammerLea, and she would like to swap with Grudlian. 

So, you’re up, my dude 🙂

• Like 3

5ince I got notice at the last 5econd, I wasn't 5ure what I 5hould pick. 5o, I went with my gut. We're leaving the 5ixth dimension for:

Spoiler

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem. I hope you like Daft Punk because, otherwise, this is going to be an extremely long 65 minutes. This is available for free on youtube.

image.png.04a927e9649da4d1e2fc5bbaa5280926.png

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

5ince I got notice at the last 5econd, I wasn't 5ure what I 5hould pick. 5o, I went with my gut. We're leaving the 5ixth dimension for:

Hide contents

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem. I hope you like Daft Punk because, otherwise, this is going to be an extremely long 65 minutes. This is available for free on youtube.

Never heard of this! Sounds really cool!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Hide contents

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1) Justwatch.com has never heard of this movie.

2) They also have The Last Five Years listed as a top comedy movie!  I don't remember the musical being especially comical.

• Like 3

Very cool. I love the aesthetics of Galaxy Express 999, so I’m looking forward to this. 

• Like 6

I've almost picked this so many times.

Daft Punk is top three if not top one for music for me.

• Like 5

I've enjoyed what I've seen so far of the movie.  But, if you've already seen the movie, maybe you'd enjoy it backwards.  I made the mistake of watching a minute or so.

• Like 1

Off-topic:RE: moving to Discord—how exactly is that going to work? I’ve looked at it and was pretty overwhelmed, If I’m being honest. No offense meant to the people who’ve worked on it, but it seems like huge numbers of people commenting in a variety of ways within several specific-yet-generalized categories (chat under HDTGM, for example, seems like it will be difficult to follow if you want to talk about specific movies/episodes because there’s so much going on). Maybe it’s because I’m 46, but I’m a little bummed that it feels so..complicated. and I’m concerned that the close-knit feel of the forum will get lost in the internet vacuum. That concern may be totally unfounded, but I’m basing it off my initial reaction to Discord.

But I’m not against change, so I guess I’ll see. 🙂🤔

Edited by GrahamS.
Edited for clarification
  • Like 3
  • Hedgehog 1

2 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

Off-topic:RE: moving to Discord—how exactly is that going to work? I’ve looked at it and was pretty overwhelmed, If I’m being honest. No offense meant to the people who’ve worked on it, but it seems like huge numbers of people commenting in a variety of ways within several specific-yet-generalized categories (chat under HDTGM, for example, seems like it will be difficult to follow if you want to talk about specific movies/episodes because there’s so much going on). Maybe it’s because I’m 46, but I’m a little bummed that it feels so..complicated. and I’m concerned that the close-knit feel of the forum will get lost in the internet vacuum. That concern may be totally unfounded, but I’m basing it off my initial reaction to Discord.

It is something we the mods are constantly discussing, and will be flexible and take any suggestions into account.

We are going to use a few focused channels, especially for 'current' episodes. Every two weeks, we'll sort of 'clear it' in a way. If you want to talk about older movies/episodes, there's other channels for that to happen. People don't post Corrections & Omissions for old episodes anyway, so I don't anticipate too much cross-talk there. And really how often to people bump up really old threads here? We all stay fairly well-focused on the most recent eps.

We'll have to see how the chatting develops though (and also consider how it is useful for Paul and crew) and be willing to adjust on the fly. 

I've been in some big Discords and discussions happen all the time and quicker. My biggest worry is it may be a little harder to write longer thought-out posts for Corrections & Omissions but we're confident it will end up there as we all get used to it. We are doing our best to set it all up like a forum, so to make the transition easier.

Also, the big Discords I'm in have much more close-knit connections. We can chat a little more than we do here. Like, I don't know where almost any of you live, yet I chat with all of you all the time. We can converse now in Discord! That said, this is a pretty much purely a HDTGM Discord. I don't anticipate it being as broad as other groups, like Paul's own Discord.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

It is something we the mods are constantly discussing, and will be flexible and take any suggestions into account.

We are going to use a few focused channels, especially for 'current' episodes. Every two weeks, we'll sort of 'clear it' in a way. If you want to talk about older movies/episodes, there's other channels for that to happen. People don't post Corrections & Omissions for old episodes anyway, so I don't anticipate too much cross-talk there. And really how often to people bump up really old threads here? We all stay fairly well-focused on the most recent eps.

We'll have to see how the chatting develops though (and also consider how it is useful for Paul and crew) and be willing to adjust on the fly. 

I've been in some big Discords and discussions happen all the time and quicker. My biggest worry is it may be a little harder to write longer thought-out posts for Corrections & Omissions but we're confident it will end up there as we all get used to it. We are doing our best to set it all up like a forum, so to make the transition easier.

Also, the big Discords I'm in have much more close-knit connections. We can chat a little more than we do here. Like, I don't know where almost any of you live, yet I chat with all of you all the time. We can converse now in Discord! That said, this is a pretty much purely a HDTGM Discord. I don't anticipate it being as broad as other groups, like Paul's own Discord.

Ok, I think that’s the Discord that I saw because he sent it out via text or something, and is what I was basing my reaction upon.

2 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

I accidentally liked my own post so I gave myself a hedgehog.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

Ok, I think that’s the Discord that I saw because he sent it out via text or something, and is what I was basing my reaction upon.

yea. we don't want to try to steal Paul's community there. if people want to chat about politics or the NBA or whatever, he's got a big Discord and places to do that. we'll have a few extra channels for side convos, but mostly we're sticking to awful movies. (and we have set up spots for our HDTGM watchalongs and Musical Mondays).

that should keep it better focused and more forum-like, I think.

• Like 4

I went ahead and put this up over on Discord. We might as well start getting used to it over there. 

• Like 1