🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 84 — Podcuddle

Chris Gore, of Attack of the Show, podcrashes the charts this week. We cover the top billing alternative albums in the music chart, some "dongtastic" movies, and play a game of Chart Roulette. The gang also talks super hero movies, Fiona Apple, and dating.

I'm listening to this at 3am. I'm somewhat drunk. Did something prompt Chris Gore's conversation about him picking up women? To me, this came out of no where and I'm like "when the fuck did this start?"

• Like 2

Pick Up Artists give me the creeps and I can't think of something less appealing to listen to. Sorry.

I don't know who Chris Gore is and, after 20 minutes of that (despite Howard & Kulap's best efforts), I don't care to. At least I now know what douche is responsible for those channel guide reviews.

I LOVE "Who Charted", and I swear I'll post again on something I like, but, yes, as said by the above, this is an hour of learning how douchey one man can be. Howard, Kulap, I still love you!

bah humbug, I learned that if I want to work for amg (not the rap group) I'd have to move to michigan. and that most people have one couch

thank you howard and kulap everyone should listen to get set go ive been listening to them forever and was blown away when he mentioned them they are fantastic!

i agree with howard and kulap about fiona apple. shes super cool and uber talented. her new album/tour is def worth checking out. it also doesnt hurt that she is very attractive.

Yeahhh, I don't know who Chris Gore is, and he's maybe entertaining in the right context, but to me he didn't feel like a good fit for this podcast. Did he even know what the format of the show was before it started? Was he on cocaine? Ahh jeez I hate to be the guy that comes on forums to complain but I need to vent because I don't think I've ever had to struggle so much through a Who Charted?

• Like 1

Howard, if you don't put your phone in airplane mode while flying, you'll run down the battery faster because the phone will constantly be in roaming mode looking for a signal.

I think.

• Like 3

I'd like to think that Howard manages to connect all of his personal stories to Fiona Apple's career milestones. :)

Not my favourite episode, but the picture where Chris is staring at Kulap's cleavage made me laugh/cringe. I seriously hope that was intentional on his part.....

I'm listening to this at 3am. I'm somewhat drunk. Did something prompt Chris Gore's conversation about him picking up women? To me, this came out of no where and I'm like "when the fuck did this start?"

Sorry for the double post.....but I had the exact same thought, and I wasn't drunk. Maybe I zoned out for the split second when this conversation started?

Hi there! I'm a longtime listener, first-time commenter. I love what you folks do, and WC is one of my favorite podcasts. Seriously: terrific stuff!

But please don't let this happen again. No one was meant to experience what was experienced in this episode.

• Like 1

I've listened to every WC? episode numerous times. The comments here make me want to skip this one, though. Does anyone have some positives for this episode?

I've listened to every WC? episode numerous times. The comments here make me want to skip this one, though. Does anyone have some positives for this episode?

It's still got Who Charted? magic, and you can imagine Ku and WeWe cringing along with you in the rough parts.

I'm only 50 minutes in, but I don't hate it yet...

At the beginning he did go on a long rant about what a gross bar creep he is, I just kind of rolled my eyes but didn't think much of it until I got here.

He has a lot of interesting things to say about movies and stuff, he's talking a lot and really nerding out.

That's all I can say so far, but I feel like now I'm listening extra hard for things that bug me so... I dunno man. I dunno.

From the comments and my general dislike of Chris Gore, I expected to hate this episode. I agree the pick up part was awful but after that it wasn't so bad. I'm amazed he didn't mention pocket beers since it seems like that's all he talks about on Twitter.

Yeah, anytime the process of picking up girls gets broken down in a super-scientific way it always sets off my creepazoid radar. But there's enough Ku and We in the rest of the ep to enjoy it.

He has a lot of interesting things to say about movies and stuff, he's talking a lot and really nerding out.

You mean all the 0 of the 5 top movies he saw?

I was really, really astonished that this guy who makes his living talking about movies hasn't seen any of the 5 biggest movies out there.

I felt like Howard and Kulap were sort of rushing through this one, did anyone else?

You mean all the 0 of the 5 top movies he saw?

I was really, really astonished that this guy who makes his living talking about movies hasn't seen any of the 5 biggest movies out there.

I felt like Howard and Kulap were sort of rushing through this one, did anyone else?

I honestly thought that Kulap sounded creeped out. I mean, I was at times.

Chris Gore's interesting thoughts on movies, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I'll see Magic Mike on DVD because I don't want people to think I'm gay, but the director's movies are good even if you aren't gay." Stunning criticism.

• Like 2

I honestly thought that Kulap sounded creeped out. I mean, I was at times.

Chris Gore's interesting thoughts on movies, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I'll see Magic Mike on DVD because I don't want people to think I'm gay, but the director's movies are good even if you aren't gay." Stunning criticism.

Same re: Kulap being creeped out. It's pretty common for guests (and even Howard) to playfully hit on her during the shows, but there was just something more strange, maybe more desperate about Chris Gore's awkward passes at her. Maybe it's because they weren't jokes, they were just awkward.

And, yeah, his complete lack of film knowledge was awful...he sounded like such a dilettante about movies, which would have been OK if it wasn't his apparent area of expertise. I've heard more insightful opinions on films from people who aren't paid to know about movies.