🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 84 — Podcuddle

Kulap DID ask for it, though, at first. He started talking about his "method," and she asked him to demonstrate it, and he did. Yeah, it was creepy and awkward but I think anyone should have known it would be. Now later on when he just steered the conversation back to it, and his creepy semi-flirting throughout the show--she most definitely was not "asking for it" at that point. You could REALLY tell she was trying hard to be nice and not spoil the atmosphere, but was uncomfortable.

Wasn't a big fan, but didn't find this as bad as most of the opinions seem to be.

Anybody else weirded out that he started both this AND his I4H appearance by pouring praise on the host for not reading wik-ee-pedia (he has a weird way of pronouncing it)? Especially after every fact in Kulap's introduction is on his wikipedia page. Maybe it was sarcasm, maybe it's just part of his plan to capture sweet Kulap's affection.

• Like 1

Hmm, I was really expecting him to be wearing a bowling shirt.

It's funny you say that because every time I picture this guy, I'm picturing Guy Fieri.

• Like 2

It took over 80 episodes, 20 plus two charteds , something like 30 bonus charts (Arvidas Sabonis, if you wanted more charts you got what you wanted), listening through all the who charteds from the start a couple times, but I found a guest that made me turn it off. Thank god for 2chartkulaps now so I don't have to wait an entire week for charts - and we all know how precious weeks are in the month of Vilay

• Like 3

I pretty much agree with the general opinion on this one. Two things:

Kulap DID ask for it, though, at first.

Come on, man.

Like some kind of greatest hits album. More like greatest shits.

Come on, man.

I heard that Chris was on the set of a movie, once.

#insiderinformation

Read through this thread, and I didn't really break-down why I couldn't stand the guy beforeI turned it off, creepy, I guess; but I was just thinking dude was a d-bag - creepiness can be funny to laugh at or creates tension, or whatever, but being a d-bag makes my fist go through the speaker.

This dude was a giant weirdo but people referring to rape with the "how dare you say she was asking for it" is a bit much, isn't it.

This dude was a giant weirdo but people referring to rape with the "how dare you say she was asking for it" is a bit much, isn't it.

It's a hipster super duper PC to the point of craziness crowd, so, it's too be expected.

Being from West Michigan, I can tell you that I love whenever our weird little area gets any recognition, except now. From this little salt-and pepper weirdo of all people. Oy. This guy is older than my dad but acts with the maturity level of an 8th grader. He made everyone equally uncomfortable on Improv4Humans this week too.

If you want to find a way to cool off your hatred/uncomfortableness for Mr Gore, please read my article/column/blog post about Have A Summah. It was in my school paper, it's short and it would mean the world if any of you read it. http://bit.ly/Mqu0Bt sorry for the plug.

It's a hipster super duper PC to the point of craziness crowd, so, it's too be expected.

What? I'm not sure you know what "hipster" means.

These are very civil, very honest, very human responses. Emotions are not trendy; they are quite real and not to be dismissed.

• Like 9

(Arvidas Sabonis, if you wanted more charts you got what you wanted)

It's Arvydas Sabonis not Arvidas.

- Your friendly basketball nerd

Hey guys, I won't weigh in on the Chris Gore part because I haven't listend to the whole episode, but I'd like to make the point that "podcuddle" is something of a slogan of the Walking the Room podcast (with Dave Anthony and Greg Behrendt). KuWee didn't know of it, I'm sure, but it was a rather disappointing surprise when I saw the guest was Chris Gore instead of Dave and Greg. Speaking of Walking the Room, though.. make sure to give that show a listen, and maybe try to get the two of them on WC? !

• Like 2

Wasn't a big fan, but didn't find this as bad as most of the opinions seem to be.

Anybody else weirded out that he started both this AND his I4H appearance by pouring praise on the host for not reading wik-ee-pedia (he has a weird way of pronouncing it)? Especially after every fact in Kulap's introduction is on his wikipedia page. Maybe it was sarcasm, maybe it's just part of his plan to capture sweet Kulap's affection.

YES! That was really weird. For someone who seems to do no research himself, it was strange for him to be focused on 'all those' people who interview him without research.

I think you are the one going for a 'bit much' there. Saying a woman was 'asking for it' has been used as a classic defense for rape, but in this instance we were talking about his continued uncomfortable behavior.

Kulap was pushing the interview forward and he turned it into a strange, hyper-sexual thing. She ‘asked’ for him to give an example of what he was talking about. She didn’t ‘ask’ for him to make everyone in the room, and then listening, uncomfortable. She didn't 'ask' for him to keep going for so long that it became apparent that it was more than just an answer to a question.

Don't try and undermine a legitimate argument by going to extremes. Trying to equate our desire for basic civility with us implying that she was ‘raped’ is beyond ridiculous.

And Mart, in case you didn't notice, it was a woman who first said the 'asking for it' thing. In the end it doesn't matter what we, as men, feel. It matters that at least one woman felt that way. It's important for us to not be focused on what we feel or think, but understand with deep empathy what may make anyone feel uncomfortable. As a father of two girls, I know that if a man behaved like this with me present, toward my girls, I would feel EXACTLY like something very bad, and very much in need of dialog, had occured.

Then again, if a man ever tried to take one of my girls out on a date that was 'folding laundry', I would hope she would know that's probably not a great date.

• Like 3

Wow, with like 65 replies, this is close to the most for Who Charted. It was really random I "sponsored" this controversial show. Should I get them to put on "The views and opinions of podcrasher Chris Gore do not necessarily reflect those of the show sponsor". Rape and comic books - two of the most disenfranchised topics for us earwolf fans apparently.... Tell me what I should do with the autographed certificate I just got in the mail?

• Like 1

Kulap DID ask for it, though, at first. He started talking about his "method," and she asked him to demonstrate it, and he did. Yeah, it was creepy and awkward but I think anyone should have known it would be. Now later on when he just steered the conversation back to it, and his creepy semi-flirting throughout the show--she most definitely was not "asking for it" at that point. You could REALLY tell she was trying hard to be nice and not spoil the atmosphere, but was uncomfortable.

What he said.

If someone is like "Hey I am awesome at wooing anyone of any particular gender," it isn't weird to ask "how". But, it is weird to discuss how you use calculated manipulation of someone in order to impress them and lull them into a sense of security about you.

By saying "she was asking for it", though as a way to rhetorically imply that she consciously opened up the door to his weirdness, you are placing a system of social power unto Kulap in terms of your language. She asked him to explain some weird fact he mentioned the same way she (or howard) might ask anyone to explain anything odd they might have just said, but using Kulap as some sort of okaying-scapegoat is just ridiculous.

I've always found that the best way to build a stable, meaningful relationship is to first trick a girl into having sex with you. Then, instead of doing something pussy like taking them out for a nice dinner, disguise your alcoholism and cheapness by getting drunk and going shopping, but don't buy that bitch anything! If you do you're pussy and she won't want to s your d. Did I mention that I am 46 and not in fact 16? Never growing up is awesome! Now if you'll excuse me, there is a huge, empty black void inside me that I need to try in vain to fill with drugs, alcohol, and sex.

• Like 3

People who whine about people whining are pretty obnoxious

Gore was a creep, the complaints against him are valid.

• Like 5

Busted checking out Kulap's bozons in that first picture! What a douchebag. His idea of "rock and roll shopping" makes me genuinely angry . . .