🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 167 — New No-Nos

Intern Marissa Wompler, fear-based comic Jerrod Carmichael, and controversial comedian Paul Rust join Scott in a riveting discussion of penis pencils, politics, and a game of Would You Rather. New No-No: If you’re going to listen to this podcast, then guess what! We get to make you laugh. That’s what you get for listening! Who’s laughing now? You are!

WOMP UP THE JAMZ.

• Like 2

A new Wompler jam to soothe the pain of returning to work?

~wipes away tear~

I started listening to this episode right at midnight to curb my craziness over iTunes taking their sweet time posting Breaking Bad's season premiere. I got about 15 minutes in before BB's download was complete, and by that point I had a hard time pausing CBB. Anywho. Just finished Breaking Bad, and now I'm back to listening to Jerrod's questions for Marisa about what spring brings to her life and why summer is a time for rejuvenation. lol

Marisa is the best, as is Miss Lissler. I hope to hear/see more of them soon!

• Like 1

Good catch with man-chanical pencil. However, you guys missed out on the school of Maher-d knocks. Awesome episode, Paul Rust is one of my new comedy crushes. Speaking of comedy crushes, my podcast did a loving homage episode of Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast. We had on Jason Voorhees, Huell Howser, and an actual local DJ. As the "Scott" of the show I can tell you that Would You Rather is harder than it looks. Please check it out and let us know what you think.

http://www.sorrykansas.com/2012/07/13/episode-35-monthly-mencia-5-comedy-bang-bang/

Dad's the son now.

• Like 1

WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

tumblr_m2dj26GDE81qziblu.gif

• Like 6

Every time Paul Rust appears on this podcast. I think I love him a little more (no homo).

(Well, maybe a little homo)

• Like 4

I think that was the most engaged a group has ever been on WYR. I loved the ending. "Were you going to say something right before plugs?" "Yeah, now that I lost all my points, f*&k all of you."

• Like 5

The Marissa Wompler episodes are always top notch and this one is now an all-time favorite. A time or two ago, the idea of a Womp up the Jamz podcast was thrown out there, I guess in jest, but it really, really has to happen. I couldn't tell if it's still just a joke or not after this episode, but getting a 404 error on the website was still disappointing. The Scott/Marissa dynamic is one of the best in all of Entertainment. New No-Nos was comedy gold. Bringing the Real Time theme song back each time something Paul just happened to say was declared a New No-No was great. Jerrod was hilarious and I really hope to hear him again on here.

• Like 5

I almost lost my s*** at work during the New no-nos. The second one about paying the person to make noise was gold. This is definitely my favourite appearance by Paul Rust. And I really hope Ms. Lissler and Wompler can do a semi-regular podcast (earwolf presents).

Scott is really good at sexual harassment.

A little too good.....kidding. But not. Maybe.

J St. Clair is out of her mind. She's also hilarious.

Hats off bang bang. This summah keep gettin hottah ya'll.

• Like 2

Every time Paul Rust appears on this podcast. I think I love him a little more (no homo).

(Well, maybe a little homo)

New Homo!

• Like 10

Count me as another vote to PLEASE do a Wompler/Lissler podcast for real.

Loved this episode, just like every other Wompcast. Carmichael was really good for a first-timer and Rusty's no-no were great.

Favorite random throw-away moment: Scott replying to Marissa making fun of him with a simple "Fuck you."

Also, a second straight show where one of the funniest moments was Scott dryly running down the ridiculous details of a character's previous appearance.

• Like 2

I was home sick from work today, but I didn't want to miss out on my favorite guest so I decided to try and listen whilst having a quiet lie down.

But I ended up laughing way too hard at Marissa and the new no-no's that I had a bunch of coughing fits instead.

It was worth it.

Two all-time great episodes in a row? What have I done to deserve this?

I knew nothing of Jerrod before this 'cast, and now I look forward to watching him this year and then paying absolutely no attention to him afterwards.

• Like 4

New no-no: If you're a guy that likes another and says "No homo", you have to post a picture of yourself not thinking about fellating him.

Sign in to follow this