đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
mattbesser

Best of improv4humans (*NOW TAKING VOL. 2 SUGGESTIONS!!)

Can you guys help me build a couple of Best Of shows?

I'm looking for your favorite scenes, and I'm also looking to represent every source of suggestion that we've used.

So if you can identify the episode; short description of the scene; who was in it; and if you're already there, the time code would be really awesome too.

This is so crazy it just might work!

Episode 9 - Robert Dassie, Chad Carter, Kevin Dorff

Suggestion - dudicle, very first scene of the episode, starts at 2:53. The gang visits a silent movie theater.

The Andy Daly freelance referee bit from Episode 4 is a great among greats.

Girl: We're 16.

Referee: I gotta make a ruling. That's OK!

referee3.jpg

• Like 2

I would have to give this to Episode 29 with Adam Mckay and Chris Gethard. The whole scene with the Avengers meeting was pretty amazing!

Ep. 26 with you, Jon Glaser, Brett Gelman, and Joe Wengert, the sketch with the bumper boats/Glorm was my favorite.

Looks like it starts around 48:25, but the "You have to kill Glorm first.." line that comes in around 53:27 is the greatest.

Episode 5 (Sean Conroy, Jill Donnelly, and Colton Dunn) the "juiced up" scene where Jill Donnelly gets impregnated by a guy who isn't Nostradamus. Starts at 32:07

Ep. 22: Andy Daly, Amanda Sitko, Joe Wengert.

Sketch of kids in the classroom describing their outfits. I lose it whenever I hear Joe say, "I'm trying to swim through all the bullshit." Sketch starts around 28 minutes.

First off, this show is just getting exponentially better with every episode. But a few favorites:

-the scene where you're asking the school kids where they live. someone (I think it's Andy Daly in this scene?) claims he lives in a hat on the roof of a house. (can someone help me ID this one?)

-Pubes on 3. the titular scene from that episode.

-I Fixed It, again the titular scene. i think there was also a parent-teacher conference scene where only the number 1 exists.

-from the Mustard Girl ep., i was a big fan of the karaoke scene at the end. Gron Jovi

-i'm struggling to find it from Hiroshima orgies, but there's one with your wife Katie Dipold telling a story about playing True Colors and Billy Merritt plays a girl that is being expelled from a friendship circle. 27:32

-from Twirly Burrito, the parent-teacher conference scene insisting on screaming the word 'niggardly'

i hope that was somewhat helpful and not exceedingly vague. there's a lot of solid stuff on this show, you could easily do a two hour best-of. i'll post more favorites as i remember. i'm sure as i think harder about it i'll remember more. keep it up Matt!

edit: the Sprite dunk contest from Humanzee, starting at around 18:20. lennon parham is a fantastic improviser. been a fan of hers since i caught her doing Harold when i was a UCB student way back in 2005

edit 1000: from 'cyborgs', gemberling's children's party, around 13:00forgot about the Hawking house tour. that has to be in the best-of.

Episode 29 - Shawn Anthony and Duncan Ruffalo shoplift because private ownership of goods is bullshit and then buy the store

Oh, and Episode 7 after one of Matt's dad's letters. The scene where Ian Roberts' son knocks Brian Huskey's son into a loopy coma during a wrestling match. Starts at 56:03

• Like 1

referee3.jpg

i concur, this bit had me imagining daly in a ref costume, which then reminded me of his dr. scholls commercials of old :)

Episode 17 (Kevin Dorff, Alex Fernie, and Paul Rust):

The rise and fall of the man who can only use the bathroom in a car and the embarrassment of the man who cut off the wrong girl's face. The story starts right around 25:00 and it is definitely my favorite scene so far. If I could nominate this whole episode, I totally would.

Can we also nominate our favorite introductory questions?

referee3.jpg

Oh yes. Absolutely.

I also MUST recommend the Breakfast Speed-Dating sketch. I literally almost died while listening to that, because I listened to it in the car and was laughing so hard that I couldn't see the road.

Episode 10 (Horatio Sans, Andy Daly and Joe Wengert) -- the scene about hookers selling their bellybuttons and the one about the mother bird being obsessed with Jets

Episode 11 (Seth Morris, Sean Conroy, Tim MEadows) -- the scat deck of the JAzz cruise

My TOP 5

#1 – “Juiced Up” – Colton Dunn, jill Donnelly, & Sean Conroy - Matt’s character, Jill’s character, and her description of men’s arousal “juiced up”. I cried laughing at that.

#2 – From episode #32 with Sanz, Walsh, & Conroy – Speed Date Breakfast all the way till Walsh says his name is Dr. Jekyl 24:08 – 37:36

#3 – From episode #2 with Andy Daly, Chad Carter, & Sean Conroy – everything from “Curator” to the “Dating the Sunshine Band” – just incredibly funny. 13:19 - 28:35

#4 – From episode #4 with Andy Daly, Billy Merritt, & Danielle Schneider – The referee at the funeral

#5 – From episode #15 with Brian Huskey, Seth Morris, & Danielle Schneider – “Magicians” 15:40 – 24:56

My absolute favorite scene is Smashed Loopy from Episode 7, 'Battleship Strap-On' featuring Matt Walsh, Ian Roberts and Brian Huskey. It's fucking amazing.

Start of letter conversation: 53:35

Scene: 56:02 - 1:01:47

I'll try and round out a top five and post them.

• Like 1

If you don't have time for the whole scene, I at least need the one line from the Humanzee scene in ep. 24 where Tim Meadows says "We have to keep her busy. Or else she's going to start playing with her vagina" at 16:30

The way he says it makes me laugh til I cry every single time.

A bunch of my favorites:

Ep. 8 - Goon Fight - Hard to choose a favorite from this episode, but the state fair cow judging scene at 19:35 makes me laugh every time.

Ep. 6 - Apple-tini - 12:32 Alex Fernie trying to buy a rape van. "Yeah but it doesn't play the teapot song!".

Ep. 26 - Live From Bridgetown! - 48:25 Bumper car road trip.

Ep. 31 - Cyborgs - You might be a cyborg is my favorite part but its not really a scene. But the Stephen Hawking scene at 31:58 is also consistantly funny. It...probably still works even without hearing the cyborg discussion previous.

Ep. 20 - Darker Than Nougat - 24:47 - Seth Morris as Jeanette

Ep. 14 - Pubes on 3 - 40:37 Sean Conroy as T-1000 repeatedly ripping out Matt Bessers heart.

Ep. 19 - Twirly Burrito - 24:35 Checkers checkers tournament brought to you by Checkers.

Ep. 27 - Mustard Girl - 41:16 - Monica Saturday, Saturday Night Live.