🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
mattbesser

Best of improv4humans (*NOW TAKING VOL. 2 SUGGESTIONS!!)

Going to close the voting soon...have we covered every type of segment? What was the best eric the intern?

Matt, if you're still taking suggestions, I cosign Smashed Loopy, Mustard Girl, Jeanette from Build A Bear, and Humanzee. But I'd also like to humbly suggest episode 31 starting at around 11:00, for the sheer joy of Magician-Replacement/Lexicon-Builder John Gemberling exclaiming "Mmmmmmmm Yummy Yoymee! This cake is deliciosotitoooo!"

Best Eric the Paid Intern was... none of them. Well, maybe the one where he went to the Sketchers store and Foot Locker because he misunderstood the phrase "foot traffic?" That kid is really so lacking in charisma that it would be almost uncomfortably endearing if it weren't so out of place with the established (albeit loose) dynamic of your show. It's weird though- even as I'm writing this, more than cringing at the memory of his rote recitations of the same boring questions (with no logical follow-up questions!!), I'm still getting a ton of enjoyment just recalling you ripping on him and cracking up everyone else on the show.

So I guess, thanks, Eric. You kind of remind me of a naive robot, and you probably shouldn't ever interact with strangers, but you took one for the team and you expanded the atmosphere of my very favorite podcast in a small, special way.

I think you should have a 'best rapid fire scene switch' category.

I'll try and recall what episodes had stuff like this but here is the one that made me think "Wow they are really just popping off!"

Agree to Disagree with Mookie, Amanda, and Will starting at around 41:00 where you start not believing in a bunch of different things. (this also had a great bunch of escalations earlier with the 'you're gonna be a man')

Another with lots of good scene changes is the end of Airport Pat downs with Eugene Cordero, Brett Gelman, and Will McLaughlin at around ~63, I think based off your Dad's story. You guys cut to all the different dances in town.

For just a really good twitter inspired improv in the episode Fart Scientist which is episode 22 at ~27:30 you have a really funny detention scene with all the 'found items' and Andy Daly is a caveman. I love Andy Daly, something about his voice is really great. Amanda Sitko and Joe Wengert are also in it and they are also great. And Matt Besser is great. So I vote for that one as well.

I would also like to point out that the bonus episode from Episode 22 is INCORRECTLY labeled as 21.5 when it should be 22.5.

I know this is asking a lot of your memories, but what were some particularly good Q&A moments from the intro segments?

I'm putting a vote for the army scene from Calm Down episode 37 with colter dunn, mike hiller, and danielle. KILL THE CHILDREN. Shit was good. Around ~38 minute mark maybe

As for a Q&A, I thought the live Improv4Human Episode 26 with Brett Gelman was pretty good!

Great Q&A, the Tim Tebow bonus episode just because of how much you hate Tebow and the palpable anger!

what the fffffFUCK *lets* *talk* *about* *tebow* *to* *the* *jets*

Great

• Like 1

Another good scene switchery scene: from episode 5 Wistfullness & Kevin with Colton Dunn, Sean Conroy, and Jill Donnelly around ~36 the JUICED UP scene!

For Q&A I'd go with:

Ep 26 - Jon Glaser's bad boy journal

Ep 20 - Seth Morris getting so excited about Rick Springfield he does a headstand and breaks a table

Ep 13 - Ben Schwartz confrontation corner segment.

Ep 30 - Scott Aukerman's Leia t-shirt.

Ep 32 - Horatio Sanz keeping a "Diarrhea"

Ep 27 - This was from later in the show, but Neil Campbell's Target story is great.

Short one but Ep 31 - Matt abruptly saying "Why can't jews cook?"

Also, I completely forgot about one of the best bits from the show which was ep 7 at 20:55. I can really only explain it as Ian Roberts as an insane customer in terrycloth shorts buying $45,000 in caviar. The letter from Matt's dead dad leading up to it is also great.

Going to close the voting soon...have we covered every type of segment? What was the best eric the intern?

It's gotta be the latest one--the Bully Book Club scene was phenomenal.

• Like 2

Episode 42 Quadruple Mix-In

Great in so many ways: from the Q&A, kicking off the show with a heated debate over the definition of quadruple penetration, to Twitter inspiring the Fecal Blowthrough sketch, to "What's Bothering You?" segueing into Jason getting vetted as a Republican candidate (which, by the way, includes an awesome recall of the Youtube poo poo sketch which then leads to an amazing Gary Marshall campaign message, "Not the director, Gary Marshall"). *Sigh* So good!

Episode 7 Battleship Strap-On

The episode I had to go back and listen to at least four times, mainly for the sake of the titular sketch (insane to think this is improvised for how funny and well executed it is; made me into an instant Huskey fan) and also for the "What Does That Remind You Of?" segment when Huskey's cursing Ian's cellphone salesman turns him into a demon. (Blink-bloop! Tension fee").

Honorable Mentions: Too many to mention!

EP 17 - Kevin Dorff, Alex Fernie, Paul Rust - coffee shop scene (twitter suggestion backgammon) - 8:00 - scene starts at about 9:00

I'd love to think of some Q&A stuff, but nothing is coming to mind. I always find that stuff so great though.

Oh man, I just listened to the latest episode 44 Lauren Lapkus, Dave Theune, Eugene Codero, and the last scene where you make the scene about Lauren bringing up eating ass HAS TO BE IN THE BEST OF! The scene starts about 1:03:30

Oh man, I just listened to the latest episode 44 Lauren Lapkus, Dave Theune, Eugene Codero, and the last scene where you make the scene about Lauren bringing up eating ass HAS TO BE IN THE BEST OF! The scene starts about 1:03:30

So much agreement.

In the episode "I Fixed It," the scene that starts with Lennon Parham not wanting to go to the circus with her family and ends with the mom at one of her Rosa Parks reenactments.

I can't remember if I've already said this but I cannot stress enough how much the eHarmony Pancake Breakfast sketch needs to be included. I've probably listened to it ten times and it's always hilarious.

• Like 2

Interesting this scene had Lauren Lapkus talking about eating ass, and last Sunday at (eating) Assssscat she initiated a scene where she asked to eat Sean Conroy's ass. .

which episode was the "end simulation" episode - i think adam mckay was in it? i know it's too late for the 'best of' episodes, but that one was awesome and i want to go back and listen to it again.

which episode was the "end simulation" episode - i think adam mckay was in it? i know it's too late for the 'best of' episodes, but that one was awesome and i want to go back and listen to it again.

I think that was in the best of vol.1. There was a sky diving scene that mentioned a simulation.

I've only listened to the most recent episodes, but I loved the "too excited guy" on episode 40 I believe. Made me laugh on the bus, which is quite embarrassing.

Anyone remember which episode has the scene where a guy's dad, who has a halting, Rodney Dangerfield-esque accent, is watching his son through a peephole or something? His enunciation of "this is weird" is embedded into my brain. "This is we-yud!"

The upstairs/downstairs prostitution angle, with Horatio as a blind virgin. This is the funniest scene hands down and must be included!